(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhao Shouzhu is from Xinmin City, Liaoning Province. On the night of March 31, 2008, police from Gaotaizi Town Police Station arrested Zhao Shouzhu while he was distributing truth clarification materials and VCDs. The police then handed him over to the Domestic Security Division, which detained him at the Xinmin City Criminal Detention Center. Mr. Zhao went on a hunger strike to protest this illegal treatment. The Xinmin City Public Security Bureau colluded with the Xinmin City Hospital to force-feed him and inject him with unknown drugs. On April 7, 2008 he was seen in a hospital room, both of his arms limply hanging from his body, and apparently experiencing difficulty breathing. Both the city Public Security Bureau and the hospital refused to release him.

Sources said that the hose used to force-feed Zhao Shouzhu in the hospital was dangerously wide. His internal organs were wounded during the force-feeding, and this rendered him in critical condition. Mr. Zhao was then transferred to either the Public Security Hospital or the hospital affiliated with Shenyang City Medical University. He stayed in the hospital until April 16, when he passed away. More details are now under investigation.

The Public Security and investigative authorities blocked all information channels. In order to deflect blame, they spread the rumor that Mr. Zhao's death had been caused by beatings from his cellmates in prison. Mr. Zhao's family filed a lawsuit and demanded to have an autopsy performed. The police then claimed that Zhao Shouzhu had died from his hunger strike, and refused to perform an autopsy.

Zhao Shouzhu's family requested that the responsible divisions pay compensation for his death, but have gotten no result so far. No lawyers have been willing to take the family's case. Zhao Shouzhu's body is still at the hospital of Shenyang City Medical University.

Zhao Shouzhu had been raised as an orphan after losing his parents early in life. After the momentary joy of discovering Falun Gong's principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance, he ended up becoming homeless due to the persecution. Still, he made an honest living by making deliveries on a three-wheeled motorcycle. At the age of 38, he was tortured to death in less than two weeks by the Chinese Communist regime. We call for all kindhearted people around the world to pay attention to the ongoing persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

Responsible personnel:

Li Yongsheng, head of the Gaotaizi Police Station: 86-24-87524236(Office), 86-24-87856833(Home), 86-13840406001(Cell)
Xia Qingchen, director of the Gaotaizi Police Station: 86-24-87524236(Office), 86-24-27623992(Home), 86-13940368168(Cell)
Yan Xianhua, head of the Domestic Security Division: 86-24-27510015(Office), 86-24-27623033(Home), 86-13998808182(Cell)
Li Wenhui, director of the Domestic Security Division: 86-24-27510015(Office) 86-24-27620318(Home) 86-13889209999(Cell)

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/4/29/96864.html