(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Hu Runlian, 52, is from Leshan City, Sichuan Province. She was formerly an employee of the Industry and Business Bank in Shizhong District, Leshan City. She started practicing Falun Gong in July 1997, and gradually her many illnesses disappeared. When the Chinese Communist Party started the persecution, Hu Runlian went to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. However, she was illegally arrested and detained, and her home and belongings were confiscated. She was dismissed by her company, and after being detained at a forced labor camp she was sentenced to prison. Ms. Hu has suffered financially, physically and spiritually.

When the persecution began, on July 20, 1999, Hu Runlian went to the Sichuan Provincial Government to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested by police from Leshan City, and detained overnight. On October 28, 1999, she was arrested again when she went to Beijing to appeal, and was detained at the Guihualou Detention Center for fifteen days. She was then transferred to the Shizhushan Detention Center in Leshan City. On the morning of November 21, the police and armed guards dragged all the practitioners in the detention center outside, and forced them to stand for a long time, while beating and kicking them. Hu Runlian was released on December 20, 1999.

On March 2, 2000, Wang Tonghua, a colleague of Ms. Hu's, called the 610 Office, and told them to arrest Ms. Hu and detain her at the Second Police Station. On March 4, she was transferred to the Shizhushan Detention Center again. Because Ms. Hu practiced her exercises on May 13, she was brutally beaten by police officer Liao using a triangular-shaped whip, causing her back to become very swollen. Later she was sentenced to 12 months of forced labor under the charge of "going to Beijing to make trouble." She was detained at the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong and her forced labor term was extended for three months. She was released on June 7, 2001.

On July 14, 2001, Ms. Hu went to the Large Leshan Buddha Scenic Area to post truth-clarifying flyers on utility poles. She was arrested by the police and detained at the Pengshanlu Police Station. On August 14, a month after her arrest, 610 Office agents Wang Aiping and Yang Guanghui (who have since received karmic retribution and died) dragged Ms. Hu to Taiyangba, Suji Town and handcuffed her to the front door of the Suji Town Government Building with a insulting flyer attached to her back. At 6:00 p.m. she was returned to the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp. Education section head Li Zhixiang and team leader Zhang Xiaofang ordered drug addict criminals to monitor Ms. Hu and also used former practitioners who had turned against Dafa to try to deceive and "transform" her. Every day the guards forced Ms. Hu to watch a video and read a book that slandered Dafa. She was forced to stand facing the wall for long periods of time and the drug addicts and collaborators read the book slandering Dafa to her. She was also force-fed water, but not allowed to use the restroom. When she did finally wet herself she was not allowed to change her clothes. During the night, Ms. Hu was handcuffed to the bed with her arms above her head.

Ms. Hu Runlian was brutally tortured until she could not longer stand or take care of herself. She was forced to sign the so-called "proof of medical treatment" and 500 yuan was taken out of her account. On July 17, 2003, Hu Runlian's family was finally allowed to take her back home.

On September 28, 2004, Hu Ruilian was arrested again by the Leshan City 610 Office and was detained. Three days later, she was sent to the Leibo County Detention Center. Hu Runlian went on a hunger strike to protest. The guards handcuffed her to the bed and force-fed her. On October 26, she was officially arrested and sentenced to a three-year prison sentence on the charge of "organizing to damage implementation of the law."

On April 14, 2005, Ms. Hu was imprisoned at the Fourth Team of the Sichuan Province Women's Prison, in Yangmahe Town, Jianyang City. Team leaders Luo Chengli and Yuan Changli incited the criminals to poison her food and cause her to have diarrhea. The criminals also poured strong solvent on her towel. The guards told the collaborators to hold the book Zhuan Falun or Teacher's Fa Lectures and ask if she wanted to read them. They said if she did, she must be "transformed." These were torments used to confuse and mislead her. Hu Runlian protested the persecution by refusing to wear the prison uniform. The guards incited the criminals to drag her from the third floor to the basement to torture her. She was tortured constantly and became emaciated. Hu Runlian was finally released on September 27, 2007.

Ms. Hu is currently still followed and monitored by the 610 Office. She has no personal freedom.

We hope that more people will come to know the truth of Falun Gong. We hope that those who do evil will have their conscience awakened and that they too will be saved by Dafa and have a bright future.