(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Jing Qi and his sister, Ms. Jing Ying, were distributing "truth clarification materials about Falun Gong on the afternoon of November 27, 2007. They were illegally arrested by agents of the Public Security Bureau of Xushui County. A few days later, Ms. Jing Ying was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor, and Mr. Jing Qi was sentenced to two years. This is the third time that Jing Qi has been "illegally sentenced." This most recent round of persecution occurred less than a year after he was released from a forced labor camp.

Mr. Jing Qi, a Falun Gong practitioner from Beipang Village, Caohe Town, Xushui County, Hebei Province, was a teacher at the Ansu Town High School. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1995. All of his illnesses disappeared soon after. However, the Chinese Communist Party persecuted him several times after its crackdown on Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999.

Sometime after that date, Jing Qi went to Beijing to appeal to the government of behalf of Falun Gong, but plainclothes police officers took him by force to Baoding and then to the Caohe Town local government. The Party secretary of the Political and Law Committee, Li Jinlong, and other officers beat him until his face was covered with blood. Two of the Caohe Police Station officers also kicked and beat him. They also forced him to stand or crouch for long time periods.

In September 1999, the deputy director of the Xushui County Education Bureau, Wang Suoxiang, ordered Jing Qi to attend a meeting. Wang asked Jing Qi, "Do you still practice Falun Gong?" When Jing Qi replied, "Yes," Wang cursed him and telephoned the director of the Education Bureau, Sun Xiuying. Sun also cursed Jing Qi. She ordered him to write a resignation letter to his employer. Afterwards, Wang telephoned Li Jinlong and notified the Public Security Bureau to detain Jing Qi for nine days.

In the spring of 2000, because Jing Qi 's mother practiced Falun Gong, Caohe County government officers arrested him. Shi Zhiguo, Qi Baoxiang, Yuan Dong, Liu Yanjun, Li Baozhu, and others beat him. Finally, he was fined 2,000 yuan, and the camp staff extorted an additional 200 yuan for each meal.

In December 2000, Jing Qi once again went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. The county local government arrested him and his mother. Jing Qi was brutally beaten numerous times. Before the 2001 Chinese New Year, the local government sent him to a detention facility. On Chinese New Year's Eve, Jing Qi wrote in the snow "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa." Police officers Li Guohai and Hu Zhangqing beat him while his hands were handcuffed behind his back.

In May 2001, the 610 Office ordered the director of Xushui County Education Bureau, Zhang Fengchun, to send Jing Qi to the Education Office of Caohe Town. Shi Qinghe, Zhang Lianqing, Shi Guocai, and Sun Guanying took turns monitoring Mr. Jing. To prevent him from going to Beijing to appeal, they also ordered three teachers to monitor him, and they handcuffed and shackled him and bound him with ropes. Someone even monitored him when he went to the bathroom. Two weeks later, he was sent to a detention center.

In the detention center, guards Li Guohai, Hu Zhangqing, Wang Jian, and others beat him brutally. Agents from the Xushui County 610 Office Yang Guoqing, Zhou Hongye, Wu Zhankui, Wang Hongfu, and others forced Jing Qi's friends, relatives, teachers, and fellow workers to try to convince him not practice Falun Gong. In July 2001, Jing Qi was sentenced to three years of forced labor and taken to Baoding Forced Labor Camp.

Jing Qi's mother was sentenced to four years and imprisoned in Shijiazhuang City. Jing Qi's younger brother, Jing Jie, is handicapped and cannot take care of himself. During Jing Qi and their mother's imprisonments, the disabled man suffered greatly and had a hard time surviving.

On April 1, 2002, the Procuratorate of Xushui County sent a summons about his mother to the disabled Jing Jie, which devastated him and he suffered a mental collapse. He thought that he would never have a chance to see his mother again. He became extremely desperate and committed suicide by taking poison. The county 610 Office officers attempted to blame this incident on Falun Gong. Qi Baoxiang, an officer of the Caohe Town local government, went with other officers to Beipang Village. The village head, Wang Chuangqing, stopped them and told them, "Jing Jie did not practice Falun Gong."

In February 2004, the Xushui County 610 Office and the education bureau ordered the Ansu Town High School not to allow Mr. Jing Qi to freely leave the school. Four teachers then monitored him. On February 24, 2004, the 610 Office and the Public Security Bureau once again arrested him, this time because he talked about Falun Dafa to several students. They took him to the Xushui County Detention Center. Afterwards, he was sent to the Baoding Forced Labor Camp for three years beginning March 7, 2004.

During his illegal imprisonment in the forced labor camp, officials from the Chinese Communist Party coerced Jing Qi's wife, Zhou Jiping, to divorce him. Although he refused to agree to the proceedings, on July 5, 2004, the Xushui County Court ruled that they were divorced and held a court hearing at the forced labor camp on July 8 for Jing Qi. Mr. Jing Qi suffered greatly, both mentally and physically, and he developed an irregular heartbeat. He was in critical condition.

In January 2007, Jing Qi was released from the force labor camp. During the three years he was there, he did not have any income.

On November 27, 2007, he and his sister,Ms. Jing Ying, were distributing the truth-clarification materials. They were arrested by the county police officers. The officers confiscated their computer, a printer, truth clarification materials, and other items.

After they were arrested, Jing Qi's mother asked to visit her children many times, but the authorities refused. Later, the Beipang Village cadres notified Jing Qi's mother that he was being sent to Baoding Forced Labor Camp for two years. Ms. Jing Ying was sent to the Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp for 18 months. The officer did not give any written documentation to their mother.

Offices in Xushui County involved in these acts of persecution:
Xushui County Procuratorate , Xushui County Justice Bureau, Political and Law Committee of Xushui County, 610 Office of Xushui County, Public Security Bureau, Xushui County Education Bureau, the Caohe Town Government, Caohe Police Station.

Persons involved:
Li Jinlong, Yang Guoqing, Zhou Hongye, Wang Hongfu, Wu Zhankui, Wang Suoxiang, Shi Zhiguo, Qi Xaoxiang, Yuan Dong, Liu Yanjun, Li Baozhu, Li Guohai, Hu Zhangqing, Wang Jian, Zhou Diansen.