(Clearwisdom.net) Tang Guofang, head of the education department in Jiangsu Province, has been the main perpetrator in charge of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners for the past eight years. Tang, along with Hong Ying and Zhou Ying of the Third Brigade in Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp, has been viciously torturing practitioners both mentally and physically.

Tang Guofang even lived at the labor camp for awhile in order to spend more time attempting to
"reform" practitioners. Tang and the labor camp guards used the so-called "Break the Steadfast" method to torture and humiliate practitioners. "Break the Steadfast" method involves putting a practitioner into solitary confinement and then depriving them of sleep and food, not allowing them to use the restroom and instigating inmates to brutally beat them.

Liu Dongmei, Zhou Xinfang, and Kong Qingmei are among the 20 or so practitioners who have been tortured until they suffered a mental breakdown. They are beaten, deprived of sleep for a long period of time, and are not allowed to use the restroom, thus causing them to soil their pants. The guards instigate inmates to hit practitioners' lower body with a wooden bench. The perpetrators even cover practitioners' head with their soiled pants.

Over the past two years, practitioner Ms. Gao Yulan has been deprived of sleep--she is only allowed to sleep for less than two hours a day. Sometimes, she is forced to stay awake for 24 hours straight. As a result, she can't keep her eyes open. The guards then instructed an inmate to force Ms. Gao's eyes open by using an iron clip to lift her eyelids, causing her retinas to detach.

Around six to seven people piled on top of practitioner Ms. Wang Jiping and forced her to sign a guarantee statement saying that she would stop practicing Falun Gong. As a result, her ribs broke and she was unable to walk. Even in the condition that Ms. Wang was in, they still continued to torture her. She was later carried home on a stretcher. Her family took her to the hospital, where doctors had to remove two ribs and clean out her abdominal cavity.

As a result of being severely beaten by the guards, Ms. Zhu Ruifeng's neck was forced into her chest cavity. She had to be taken to a hospital in Zhenjiang City where her neck had to be straightened.

Ms. Wu Shunzhen's lower body was burned with mosquito incense and her head was pushed into a urine bucket by a guard.

Ms. Deng Jinmei and Ms. Zhu Jinmei were brutally beaten in prison. After they were released, they still suffered extreme pain from internal injuries.

Ms. Ji Hianxia was beaten by the guards who used small stools to hit her head, making it bleed all over. They also hit her lower body and her eyes and pinched her breasts and lower body, leaving bruises all over.

Ms. Gong Jinxiu's body was cut and scratched with a metal clothes hanger. The guards also slammed her head against the wall and pulled out clumps of her hair.

In the winter time, Ms. Xi Liuying was stripped naked and cold water was poured over her four times with a urine bucket. They also used metal clips to pinch the nipples of her breasts, pulled out clumps of her hair, and punched her eyes until she couldn't see anything. Only then was she taken to the hospital for treatment.

Ms. Hu Zhenru, in her 60s, was deprived of sleep and forced to stand on a bench that was flipped over for a long period of time. As a result, she fell to the ground and broke her glasses. The guards also used a broom to hit her vaginal area.

When Ms. Zhai Yuxin went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention, six to seven inmates headed by Zhou Ying and Hong Ying pushed her to the ground and forced-fed her with rice, while hitting and pinching her mouth. Hong Ying angrily said, "If you don't eat, your mouth will be as big as a pig." Although Ms. Zhai Yuxin was on a hunger strike for only six months, she was forced-fed for a total of 18 months.

When Ms. Zhao Rongcai refused to write something against Falun Gong, a drug-addict inmate viciously beat her until she suffered a brain concussion. Ms. Zhao could not get up and only lay on the concrete floor. She became very pale and vomited. She was later taken to the hospital for treatment.

Ms. Wang Jianping was cruelly force-fed because she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Six to seven inmates held her down, while others either stomped on her feet, kicked her legs, or hit her mouth. The inmates used a big spoon to force-feed her. As a result of the brutal force-feeding, Ms. Wang has loss most of her teeth.

Guard Sun Ping instigated several inmates to beat Ms. Wang Huilan until there were bruises all over her body and her face, her legs, and other parts of her body swelled. Still, she was forced to stand and crouch for a long period of time.

March 30, 2008