(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gong Guozhi, 62, lives in Xiya Village, Tanfu Township, Mengyin County, Shandong Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. Before practicing, she had severe diseases, swelling, and arthritis. Even drinking and eating were difficult for her. She couldn't take care of herself and was bedridden for over a year. She was taken to many hospitals but no one could cure her illnesses. She lost her confidence in life and everything seemed hopeless to her. She didn't know what she could do and even thought about suicide so that her children would not need to take care of her anymore.

However, after learning Falun Gong, both her mental and physical conditions as well as her character greatly improved. She benefited tremendously from practicing Falun Gong and recovered from all of her illnesses. She did not need to take any more medications or injections, and she was full of energy.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started its persecution of Falun Gong. Not long after, Ms. Gong Guozhi went to Beijing to clarify the truth that "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" is good. She was stopped at the Jinan Train Station and taken back home. On December 25, 1999 (lunar calendar) she left for Beijing again and was arrested when she arrived. She was taken to a prison the same night. She was imprisoned for a day and was taken to the Tanfu Township government courtyard on the afternoon of the second day of the Chinese New Year.

The police in the township did not let her sleep and tortured her. Liu Yubao (male) slapped and kicked her. The second night, Gong Fangzhen (male) forced Ms. Gong to sit on the cement floor and stay in one position with her legs were stretched out and her fingers touching her toes. If she failed to stay that way, Gong Fangzhen would stomp on her knees with tremendous force to try to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. Gong Fangzhen would ask her, "Will you continue practicing?" to which Ms. Gong replied, "If I didn't practice Falun Gong, I would have died long ago. Go ahead to beat me to death." After hearing that, Gong Fangzhen dared not to beat her again.

Ms. Gong was later taken to Laozhen Courtyard and then to Zhongxin School. On the way, Zhao Jian (male) slapped her so violently that she fell to the ground. Her face turned black and blue. As they arrived at Zhongxin School, Zhao Jian forced her to sit on the floor and stretch out her legs. He then stepped on her knees and kicked her lower back. Zhao Jian stomped on her back with his leather shoes. Meanwhile, Gong Fangzhen tried to force her to slander Master. He poured water on the concrete floor and if she didn't do what he said, he would force her to sit in the water on the cement floor in the middle of winter!

The next day, Ms. Gong was taken to Lao Township again. Wang Mingjun (male) and other guards beat her, kicked her, and tried to force her to slander Master. They would not stop abusing her unless she slandered Master. Yu Huazeng (male) handed her a pen and paper and tried to force her to write a letter to her family asking for money. Ms. Gong is illiterate and could not write, so Yu Huazeng slapped her. In the afternoon, Yu Huazeng, Gong Pichun (male), and an unnamed woman told Ms. Gong to go to the courtyard. Yu Huazeng and Gong Pichun kicked her to the ground. After she stood up, they kicked her down to the ground again. As soon as he stood up again, they kicked her again, which was repeated ten more times. As a result, Ms. Gong's shoulders were black with bruises. On the third day, Ms. Gong's family was forced to pay a fine of 6,000 yuan and then the police released her.

After she returned home, the local police forced her to go to a brainwashing center every day for four months.