(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Gong Pijian, fifty-six years old, was employed at the Grain and Oil Company in Mengyin County, Shandong Province. During the past eight years of the persecution of Falun Gong, he has been forcibly taken to detention centers seven times. The authorities illegally detained him in a forced labor camp twice and illegally sentenced him once. His retirement pension has been withheld for almost four years.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party started to persecute Falun Gong. Gong Pijian exercised his legal rights and went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was unlawfully arrested on Tiananmen Square and subsequently taken back to Mengyin County by police from the Public Security Bureau of Mengyin County. He was locked up at his workplace at the Grain and Oil Company. With five people per shift, twenty people, including leaders and managers from the Grain and Oil Company, took turns monitoring him. At that time, the county committee threatened that whoever was on duty watching Gong Pijian would immediately lose their job if he went to Beijing to appeal during that person's shift. Gong Pijian was under surveillance for about twenty days. During that period, there were people who tried to "transform" him and who mentally tortured him every day as they tried to make him give up his faith in Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance.

In November 1999, Gong Pijian went to Beijing to appeal again and was arrested by Beijing police. The policemen confiscated his cell phone (worth four thousand yuan) and two thousand yuan in cash, which they kept. They violently beat him and handcuffed him to a chair with his hands behind his back for a whole night. The next day, he was taken back to the Mengyin County Detention Center by police from the Public Security Bureau of Mengyin County. The police locked him with a chain that was a foot long and handcuffs that weighed nine kilograms (about 20lbs). They also videotaped him. At about 11:30 p.m. that evening, in front of two other policemen, Bian Dayong, the deputy head of the Public Security Bureau, took off his leather boot and savagely beat Mr. Gong's face. He did not stop until he was tired. Then they took Gong Pijian to the 7th Ward and locked him to anchors fixed to the ground (which is also called the death bed). They used four handcuffs and the one-foot chain to tightly lock his hands and feet in place. He was shackled like this for fourteen days straight. A criminal inmate surnamed Li fed Gong Pijian for the fourteen days and used a washbasin to collect his urine and bowel movements. Only when all the criminal inmates in 7th Ward protested, did this insulting torture of Gong Pijian finally stop. After being illegally detained for one month, Gong Pijian was released and subsequently locked up at his workplace once again for twenty days. Two days before the Chinese New Year, he was again illegally taken away and imprisoned in a detention center for one month. After being released, he was locked up at his workplace for the third time for twenty days and was taken back to the detention center once again. In March 2000, Gong Pijian was sentenced to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a term of three years where he was tortured.

In May 2000, Gong Pijian was released under special permission. After his returning to Mengyin County, the staff from the 610 Officeoften harassed him and threatened him. Gong Pijian had no choice but leave his home. While working in Shanghai, he was illegally arrested by local police in Shanghai. After being imprisoned in the local police station at Pudong and persecuted for twenty-five days in a row, Mr. Gong was taken back to Mengyin County and was once again placed under watch by the police from the Public Security Bureau. After being unlawfully locked in the Detention Center for one month, he was again taken to a forced labor camp for a term of three years. When Gong Jingan, a policeman from the Public Security Bureau in Mengyin County, went to Shanghai to pick up Gong Pijian, he confiscated one thousand seven hundred yuan and a cell phone from Gong Pijian and has not returned them so far.

In Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, Gong Pijian was tortured both mentally and physically. He once was discovered passing around Teacher Li's new articles and was therefore beaten severely by the prison guards and tortured by a method called the "Great Hawk Spreading Its Wings." He was locked up with his body suspended above the ground for seven days and nights. Other people fed him and collected his urine and bowel movements. His legs became so swollen that they did not recover after half a year. Gong Pijian was under strict surveillance for over half a year and was constantly monitored by several people at all times.

On May 25, 2003, Gong Pijian was released and sent home. On August 4, 2004, people from the Mengyin County 610 Office and the Public Security Bureau forced themselves into Gong Pijian's home and confiscated Falun Gong books including Zhuan Falun, as well as lecture tapes and exercise tapes, four hundred blank cassettes and 10 tape recorders of various sizes. Gong Pijian was taken to the 610 Office in Mengyin County and was once again handcuffed and chained with a foot-long chain for twenty-five days. During this period, Wang Xin from the 610 Office violently beat Gong Pijian about the head and face. He only stopped when his hands got sore and then he took a mop handle and started viciously beating Gong Pijian's back. Four of Mr. Gong's ribs were broken from the beating.

After being imprisoned in the 610 Office in Mengyin County, Mr. Gong was again taken back to the Mengyin County Detention Center. He was persecuted there for over four months, and then was unlawfully sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison. He suffered enormous mental and physical torture in Taian Prison, Shandong Province.

Since August 2004, the 610 Office in Mengyin County has deprived Gong Pijian of his retirement pension. He went to the 610 Office to demand his pension many times. However, Li Baoyuan, the head of the Mengyin County 610 Office, responded that they would not give him the pension unless he wrote a "guarantee statement" promising not to practice Falun Gong anymore.

March 5, 2008