(Clearwisdom.net) [Note: The following is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the minghui.ca website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net).]

Mr. Zhang Shiying is a laid-off worker from the Zhoukou Valve Factory in Henan Province. He is also a veteran. During his military career, he developed many ailments. After he started cultivating Falun Gong, his health was miraculously restored. After the CCP launched the persecution of Falun Gong, he suffered brutal mistreatment. He was taken into custody, then tortured and detained in a mental hospital. Recently, on January 17, 2008, he was taken into custody for the eighth time.

In October 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was taken into custody by police officers in Tiananmen Square. He was returned to his hometown by the officers of Zhoukou City and held in a detention center for 85 days. Officials extorted more than 10,000 yuan from him.

On June 26, 2000, Wang Yong (male), an officer from the Jianshe Road Police Station, took Mr. Zhang into custody from his home and detained him for a month.

At midnight on September 23, 2000, officer Wang Guosheng (male), Li Yuzheng (male), and Chen Jian'guo (male) took Mr. Zhang to the Political Security Division and tortured him to try to force a "confession." Liu Yingdong (male), Wang Guosheng, and Chen Jian'guo took turns conducting the torture "tying the ropes" on him. Later, they forced him to straighten his body and kneel on the ground while lifting up a pole with both hands. At dawn, Huang Jinqi (male), the leader of the officers, forced him to stand with his legs bent. If his legs moved even slightly, he was beaten. At about 8:00 p.m., officer Li Deren (male) suddenly kicked Mr. Zhang's crotch. His testicles were injured, and he lost consciousness immediately. Just after he regained consciousness, all the officers seized this chance to extort evidence and force a so-called "confession" from him. He refused to cooperate, so Huang Jinqi took him to the detention center, where the guards incited gang chiefs in the same cell to beat him. As a result, the left side of hi chest caved in five centimeters. He was detained for 66 days.

In late November 2000, Mr. Zhang was arbitrarily taken into custody again. Officer Li Fengli (female), Liu Yingdong, Li Yuzheng, Huang Jinqi, and Zhao Yinian (male), the head of the local 610 Office, schemed to transform him without success. They sentenced him to three years in a forced labor camp, which refused to accept him due to his scars. However, the evildoers from the 610 Office and police department still detained him for more than three years.

In late 2003, Wang Tianyi (male), a malicious person in the Trade Committee, brought 100 yuan to Mr. Zhang's home and tried to coerce him to write a guarantee statement, but Mr. Zhang refused. As a result, Wang Tianyi and a group of hoodlums took Mr. Zhang to a mental hospital, where he was bound on a bed and beaten until his wrist was fractured and his feet were bleeding. Each day a wicked physician injected a large dose of a drug that destroys the central nervous system.

In November 2005, Mr. Zhang was taken to the detention center by Li Yuzheng and restrained in shackles and handcuffs.

In late December 2005, Li Yuzheng, Han Yong (male), He Chenggong (male), and Wang Junfu (male) secretly took Mr. Zhang to Leihe Prison. The prison authorities refused to accept him, so the evildoers took him to Xuchang City. Since Mr. Zhang resisted the persecution, their attempts ultimately failed.

On January 17, 2008, Mr. Zhang Shiying was taken into custody for the eighth time. This time the perpetrators were Han Yong and He Chenggong, officers of the State Security Division under the Shabei Police Department.

Related report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/1/29/69434.html