(Clearwisdom.net) Recently, several Falun Gong practitioners from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, shared their experiences of being in the brainwashing centers. They discovered many suspicious things. One major suspicion focuses on an uncomfortable feeling after eating. All their symptoms were almost the same. Because the practitioners were detained individually, they were unable to communicate with each other and compare their symptoms, which came on gradually and were initially not obvious. All of them thought it was illness karma. Nevertheless, the fact that those in charage at the brainwashing facilities mixed unknown substances into practitioners' food was not immediately exposed to the outside world. This has enabled them to continue their evil conduct, even now.

This article relates the oral accounts of several practitioners' experiences. The goal is to expose and stop these underhanded methods of persecution used on practitioners. We also hope that practitioners with medical backgrounds can help determine what kind of toxic substances was used to poison practitioners.

In June 2005, Practitioner A from the Wuchang District in Wuhan City was detained at the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center in the Wuchang District. Besides physical tortures and electric shocks, the brainwashing center also mixed unknown toxic substances into practitioners' food, and injected the practitioners with unknown fluids. Practitioner A is one of the many victims of such gross abuse. The following is his oral recollection:

"In early June, 2005, I was detained at the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center. Within a few days I started to have headaches, and my vision was blurred, my mind became hazy, my thoughts were befuddled, and my memory faded. In late 2006 the symptoms got worse. I would fall even when I was sitting or lying. I was unable to keep my balance. Besides that, all my teeth ached and began to fall out, and my left foot hurt severely. Sometimes I did not even have the strength to hold a book.

"Not knowing what was happening, I simply endured everything. When I recently read on the Minghui website that officials at the Yuangyuan Brainwashing Center mixed unknown toxic substances into practitioners' food, and recalling what had happened to me before, I realized that I had also been poisoned. Before that, my memory and IQ were both very good.

"There is another reason I believe I was poisoned. While at that Yuangyuan Brainwashing Center, my daughter came to see me. She met the then center head, Chen Qi, who has since suffered karmic retribution. Chen Qi is a good friend of my son-in-law's family. When he saw my daughter, Chen asked why she was there. My daughter told her that she was there to see me. Shocked, Chen blurted out in a low voice, "But we mixed drugs into her food." Hearing that, my daughter asked what he meant, but Chen refused to tell her more.

Practitioner Mr. Gao from the Wuchang District is a business owner. He has twice been detained at the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center. During his detention in May 2004, about six people forcibly pushed him onto a table in a small meeting room and then injected him with an unknown substance. He subsequently became swelled up and felt very weak. He was transferred to Hewan Forced Labor Camp in June 2004. In November his feet began to hurt severely, and he couldn't fall asleep. The labor camp doctor diagnosed him with peripheral neuritis and administered a certain medicine to cure it. After one dose, Mr. Gao could barely walk. He could only stand or walk for about ten minutes, and then his legs had no strength left. In addition, his mind frequently went blank. Those symptoms lasted for three to four months. Mr. Gao was taken home in May 2005 and could not even recognize his son. Though his feet looked fine, they hurt severely.

Ms. Yu Yimin from Wuhan City was an employee of the Hubei Province No. 2 Power Company. She was detained at the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center in the Jianghan District of Wuhan City between 1999 and 2002. During that time, someone administered unknown toxic substances and she gradually lost her memory. Besides that, her feet also began to hurt until they totally lost feeling. Eventually she could not walk.

In late 1999, Ms. Yu Yimin was transferred back and forth between the Erdaopeng and No. 1 Detention Center in Wuhan City, located in Dongxihu. In 2002, she was transferred to the Drug Rehab Center administered by the Hewan Forced Labor Camp for a year. In 2003 she suffered a mental collapse. In 2004 her family sent her to the Hanchuan City Nursing Home in Hubei Province. She has since 2005 been unable to walk.

On September 30, 2007, 70-year-old practitioner Ms. Liu Yuejing was detained at the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center. The guards refused to let her sleep or sit. She was forced to stand for a long time. Whenever she ate the food there she vomited and felt very uncomfortable. The person who interrogated her even asked why her mind was still so clear. It was obvious that they had put some drugs into her food. Liu Yuejing was eventually released because of her poor physical condition.