(Clearwisdom.net) Forty-nine-year-old Ms. Zhang Yukun from Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province was arrested in December 2004 by Fu Yanchun, the director of the 610 Office. In order to make the arrest, the director was accompanied by a group of people led by Mo Zhenshan and Zhu Xianfu. Ms. Zhang was tortured severely, leaving bruises all over her body. Thereafter, Ms. Zhang was forced to become homeless to avoid persecution by the police.

Ms. Zhang had suffered from hepatitis B, atrophic gallstones and other serious illnesses before she practiced Falun Gong. In 1997, when she started to practice Falun Gong, her physical and mental health changed completely. All her previous illnesses disappeared. The people who knew her said that Falun Gong was indeed miraculous.

Since July 20, 1999, she has suffered from persistent persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Her husband was coerced by CCP officials into divorcing her. She was illegally detained, force-fed and tortured in various ways and imprisoned in a forced labor camp. She remains homeless in order to escape severe persecution.

On August 1, 2001 when she was trying to clarify the truth about Falun Gong in a rural area, she was reported to the police by people who had been deceived by the CCP about Falun Gong. Representatives from Wuchang Municipal Public Security Bureau arrested Ms. Zhang, and then she was confined in a detention center. Because she went on a hunger strike, she was tortured by Hou Weiying, director of the Shangyi Police Station, and the other policemen. They covered her head with a bag and punched and kicked her until she almost lost consciousness. Zong Yiwen, the deputy director of the Public Security Bureau, ordered the prisoners to put her in handcuffs and leg irons and force-feed her with salty water. The prisoners put 1,000 grams (2.2 pounds) of salt and a small bit of cornmeal into a pot of hot water. Then they tied her hands behind her back, grabbed her by the hair, held her down on a chair and force-fed her. For some time she could not breathe due to the force-feeding. The torture almost killed her. Each time the inserted tube made her spit out a big mouthful of blood and she had blood in her stool.

In order to guarantee that the forced labor camp would not refuse Ms. Zhang because of her poor health, the director of the "610 Office" Zhu Xianfu sent them a 3,000-yuan bribe. Ms. Zhang was put in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp (now named Qianjin Forced Labor Camp), which is notorious for its cruelty in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

In December 2004, Fu Yanchun, director of the local "610 Office", along with a group of people led by Mo Zhenshan and Zhu Xianfu, broke into Zhang Yukun's home by climbing over the wall. They dragged Ms. Zhang into a police car by force and took her to a brainwashing center without even letting her put on her shoes and coat. Fu Yanchun had Ms. Zhang's arms stretched out and handcuffed between two beds. Then they forced her to step on Teacher Li's picture and tortured her mercilessly both physically and mentally. Fu Yanchun cursed her and viciously hit her with a plastic pipe that was two inches in diameter until late in the night.

Zhang Yukun was released after she nearly died from the torture. She was forced to leave home in fear of further persecution.