(Clearwisdom.net) On September 17, 2008, the Chengguan District Court of Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, illegally tried Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Li Xiulan, Yue Zhongxiu, and two others without notifying their family members. Their families had to seek out the location of the trial and the date. Attending the proceedings, they saw that Ms. Li was emaciated.

Ms. Li Xiulan, 65 years old, was formerly employed at the Siye Factory. She has two sons and one daughter. She was a victim of physical abuse by her husband, and due to the stress, she suffered from migraine headaches and insomnia.

In 1997, she read Zhuan Falun and understood that karmic relationships exist in everyone's life. After becoming a practitioner, her migraine headaches and insomnia disappeared. Her family became harmonious and supported her cultivation efforts.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the Jiang regime started their persecution of Falun Gong. In January 2001, Hekou police officers began to harass Ms. Li. They forced her to clean the police station for an entire week even though she was sick. On January 24, 2001, she was taken to the Taoshuping Detention Center. While she was detained, she started a hunger strike to protest her illegal imprisonment. She was released 15 days later.

When she returned home, the Hekou police continually harassed her family. She was forced to leave home and go from place to place to avoid further persecution. Hekou Police Station assigned several officers to harass her relatives.

On April 13, 2008, Lanzhou City Public Security Bureau officials monitored and followed Ms. Li. She was arrested and imprisoned in the First Detention Center of Lanzhou City. When her family visited her, the guards falsely informed them that Ms. Li would be released in a few days. As the Olympic Games went on, detention center officials falsely informed her family that she would be released after the Games. Her family did not know about her upcoming trial at the time. Later, they made inquiries about her and found out about the trail that way. During the court proceedings, the sight of Ms. Li's emaciated body shocked her family.

More than a month has passed since the trial. Ms. Li Xiulan's husband and grandson depended on her to care for them. Now her daughter-in-law has had to resign her job in order to take care of them.

Persons and organizations responsible:

Judge Jin, Chengguan District Court of Lanzhou City, Gansu Province: 86-931-2150082

Zou Jianguo, Hekou Police Station, the XiGu District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province: 86-931-7523522