Additional Persecution News from China - November 1, 2008 (13 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 12 cities or counties in 7 provinces. In this report, 8 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 5 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yuan Yizhi Sent to Brainwashing Class
Practitioner Ms. Yuan Yizhi should have been released after serving a labor camp term. However, the officials from the Dalian Forced Labor Camp and the Quanshui Street Residential Committee in Dalian City plotted together and sent her directly to the Luotaishan Brainwashing Class in Fushun City, Liaoning Province.
2. [Ji'an City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Junxia Sent to Brainwashing Class
Ms. Liu Junxia from Yuanhuadian Village in Ji'an City was forced to become homeless after she suffered persecution for practicing Falun Gong. In November of 2008, she was arrested at the Erdaojiang area in Tonghua City and put into a brainwashing class.
3. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Ma Arrested
On the evening of October 28, 2008, the police from the Penghou Street Police Station arrested Ms. Ma (given name unknown) and her husband, Mr. Liu (given name unknown), at their shop in Shijiazhuang City. Mr. Liu was released the next day.
The Penghou Street Police Station: 86-311-86103674
Hao Shuangting, director of the Penghou Street Police Station: 86- 13931976838
4. [Chongqi] Ms. Shen Fengmei Sent to Shimahe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jiangbei District
On September 25, 2008, the officials from the Shapingba District Police Department 610 Office and police from the Yanggongqiao Police Station ransacked Ms. Shen Fengmei's home and detained her at the Baihelin Detention Center in Shapingba District. On October 20, 2008, the Shapingba District Police Department sentenced her to two years of forced labor and sent her to the Shimahe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jiangbei District, Chongqi.
Shapingba District Police Department: 86-23-65394776, 86-23--63755221
5. [Hebei Province] Over a Hundred of Falun Gong Practitioners Currently Detained at Jidong Prison and Brutally Persecuted
6. [Xinlan County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Xirong Arrested
At around 7 p.m. on October 30, 2008, the police from the Lanxi County Police Department arrested Ms. Zhao Xirong at her home in Dafangshen Village, Yulin Town of Lanxi County.
7. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Kong Xi Sent to Changle Detention Center Again on October 31, 2008
8. [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhu Baojuan Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhu Baojuan from Jianye County, Linghai City was sentenced to five years in prison. On October 27, 2008, officials from the Linghai City Court and the Jinzhou City Second Detention Center sent her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
9. [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Kaiming Sentenced
On October, 29, 2008, Mr. Wang Kaiming, the former manager of the Panjin City Gaosheng Oil Drilling Company, was sentenced to four years in prison. He is being detained at the Nanshan Prison in Panjin City.
10. [Jiaonan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Shen Chuanjuan Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
On October 14, 2008, when Ms. Chen Meiye and Ms. Shen Chuanyuan from Jiaonan City were telling people the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong in Zangnan Town, they were reported to the authorities. The police from Zangnan Town arrested them. At the police station, the police beat Ms. Shen with a shoe. After both practitioners were detained at the Jiaonan City Detention Center for 15 days, Ms. Shen was sentenced to one year of forced labor and was sent to Qingdao City and Ms. Chen was released.
The Jiaonan City Detention Center: 86-532-88196121
Zhang Jielu, deputy director of the Jiaonan City Police Department: 86-13806428555 (Cell)
11. [Beijing] Ms. Xiao Xijun Detained
Ms. Xiao Xijun, 64, is a practitioner from Haidian District, Beijing. On July 3, 2008, the police from the Xisanji Police Station and officials from the local residential committee, a total of seven people, arrested Ms. Xiao at her home and detained her at the Qinghe Detention Center. Later, she was sentence to two years of forced labor. She is currently being detained at the Beijing Women's Prison.
12. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhu Huimin, a Teacher at Wuhan City First Business School, Arrested at the School on October 21, 2008
13. [Qu County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Liu Guoquan Now Very Weak in Prison
Mr. Liu Guoquan, in his 60's, is a practitioner from Qinglong Township, Qu County. In mid July of 2008, the police from the Qu County State Security Division arrested him and detained him at the Qu County Detention Center. Currently, Mr. Liu is very weak as a result of mistreatment in the prison.
October 31, 2008