(Clearwisdom.net) [Note: This article is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the minghui.ca website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net).]

Mr. Wu Ruirong, 55, is a bus driver in the Hengyang Sales Department of China Southern Airlines, Hunan Branch. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997.

When the persecution started, he went to Beijing to the National Appeals Office in November 1999. After Mr. Wu was taken to Changsha Detention Center and imprisoned for 15 days, he was sent back to Hengyang. His company arranged for three people to monitor him 24 hours a day. About two months later, he was forced out of his job and became unemployed in April 2000. From then on, his family did not have any income, as his wife was dismissed in December 1999 by her company.

The couple had to do odd jobs to make ends meet and support their 80-year-old mother and daughter who was studying in school. On November 30, 2000, several officers knocked on the door and tried to arrest him, so Mr. Wu was compelled to leave home and go from place to place.

At the beginning of 2001, Mr. Wu went to Beijing to appeal again, where he was again arrested. He was imprisoned in the Hengyang City Second Detention Center for more than seven months and had 2,000 yuan extorted from him. He was wafer thin when he was released on bail. His wife Ms. Lei Yingqun was sentenced to four years in 2001 and imprisoned in Changsha Women's Jail.

Not long after Mr. Wu returned home in March 2002, Chinese Communist Party personnel arrested, beat, and dragged him along the ground. Officers Zhou Zhuowen, Lei Zhenzhong, and others beat him so brutally that he passed out three times. They roused him with cold water, handcuffed him, hung him up, and used electric batons on him. The police sent him to Hengyang Municipal First Detention Center and imprisoned him in the darkest cell.

In September 2002, Mr. Wu was sentenced to forced labor for two years. He suffered from all kinds of torture in Changsha Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp.

At around noon on May 24, 2008, over ten officers from the Hengyang City National Guard Huanchen Police Station rushed into the place where Mr. and Mrs. Wu were working and arrested them, using the pretext of security for the Olympics Games. At the same time another two practitioners were arrested. They were imprisoned in Hengyang Municipal Second Detention Center. On around June 28, 2008, Mr. Wu was sentenced to forced labor for one and half years and taken to Changsha Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp again.

At present, the forced labor camp does not allow any of his family members to visit him.

Earlier report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/6/12/98115.html