Additional Persecution News from China - October 16, 2008 (30 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 17 cities or counties in ten provinces. Thirty Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 19 practitioners were arrested.
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yu Guiling Arrested
On September 18, 2008, Ms. Yu Guiling, in her fifties, was arrested while she was away from her home and taken to the No. 27 Police Station.
2. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yang Mei and Ms. Xie Lirong Suffer Abuse
According to an inside source, Ms. Yang Mei and Ms. Xie Lirong, practitioners detained in the Shanyou Detention Center, have been tortured with methods such as being force-fed spicy horse radish solution. They were force-fed so brutally that the water went in their mouthes and dripped out from their ears. It was a horrible scene.
3. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Du Huaizhen Arrested for Exposing the Persecution on October 12, 2008
4. [Beijing City] Ms. Zhang Yanling and Her Daughter Arrested
Ms. Zhang Yanling, about 68 years old, and her daughter, about 36 years old, have been missing for a long time. It has been learned that they were arrested at home by police officers from the Fengtai District Police Department on July 30, 2008.
5. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fang Wenxiu and Ms. Zhang Zelan Arrested on October 10, 2008
6. [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Wenqiang Still Detained in Gaotang County Detention Center
Mr. Wang Wenqiang lives in Sanshilipu Township, Gaotang County, Liaocheng City. At around 9 a.m. on July 22, 2008, he was arrested at his clinic in Gaotang County by police officers from the Yuqiuhu Police Station. He is currently still detained in the Gaotang County Detention Center.
Liu Taicheng, director of State Security Division: 86-635-3982695, 86-635-3954219, 86-13963553728 (Cell)
Luo Bingyin, political head: 86-635-3951691, 86-13869571871 (Cell)
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] A Male Practitioner in Jinzhou District Arrested at Home at 7 a.m. on October 14, 2008; His Home Searched
8. [Fuzhou City, Fujian Province] Gulou District Court Officials Plot to Bring Practitioners to Court
On September 23 and 24, 2008, Gulou District Court officials brought Ms. Lu Huizhu and Ms. Zhao Fengrong to court without any decisive conclusion. On October 17, 2008, Ms. Chen Xiaohong and Ms. Li Liqin will be brought to court.
Lin Zhixiong, Court director: 86-591-87662338, 86-13905015511 (Cell)
Cheng Wenbin, in charge of this case: 86-591-87521849, 86-13905926328 (Cell)
Zhuo Jianwei, in charge of this case: 86-591-87512076, 86-139069331156 (Cell)
9. [Hebei Province] Ms. Shang Shiying, Employed by Tangshan Workers' Hospital, Transferred to Changningdao Detention Center
10. [Hebei Province] Ms. Lu Suhua and Ms. Zhang Yachun Suffer Brutal Abuse
In attempt to force Ms. Lu Suhua to "transform," guards beat her so brutally that her front arm was broken and her ribs were injured in many places.
Ms. Zhang Yachun refused to wear a prisoner's uniform. As a result, she was stripped of her clothes on September 20, 2008 and detained in a warehouse on the fourth floor, where she was bound to a bare bed and beaten each day. Her face bled due to the beatings.
11. [Shanghai City] Mr. Liu Peng Detained in Prison Hospital and Suffers Abuse
It is reported that Mr. Liu Peng from Xuhui District has been persecuted. Presently, he is detained in the prison hospital in Nanhui District. Since he was arrested during this year's Lantern Festival, he has suffered severe abuse. He held a long hunger strike to protest the persecution. The Xuhui District Court has scheduled to bring Mr. Liu Peng and Ms. Zheng Yan to court at 1:30 p.m. on October 21, 2008.
Mr. Liu's wife, Ms. Zhang Xumei, has also suffered abuse. After she was arrested, she was released on bail and awaited trial. She was frequently harassed and threatened by agents from the Xuhui District State Security Division, the Xuhui District Procuratorate, and the district Department of Justice for hiring lawyers for her husband. On August 1, 2008, she was arrested and detained. She was released one month later.
12. [Beijing] Ms. Liang Rui Sentenced to Forced Labor
Ms. Liang Rui, in her thirties, lives in Chaoyang District, Beijing. At the beginning of May 2008, police officers from the Jiangtai Road Police Station in Chaoyang District broke into her home and arrested her. Afterwards, she was sentenced to two years of forced labor.
13. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Chen Xinye Detained in Huanggu Detention Center in Shenyang City
On May 24, 2008, Mr. Chen Xinye was arrested by police officers from Santaizi Police Station, Shenyang City Police Department, and the local 610 Office. He is detained in the Huanggu Detention Center in Shenyang City.
14. [Luobei County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Jing Lijun and Ms. Zhang Guirong Arrested
Ms. Jing Lijun and Ms. Zhang Guirong live in Baoquanling Town, Luobei County. On September 26, 2008, they were reported to police and arrested while they were putting up truth-clarification posters at the No. 24 Division, Baoquanling Town.
15. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zuo Gang Brought to Court at 9 a.m. on October 16, 2008
16. [Jiaohe City, Jilin Province] Mr. Tian Fusen Abused by Police
Mr. Tian Fusen lives in Nantaizi Village, Songjiang Township, Jiaohe City. On the night of October 14, 2008, he was arrested by police officers from the Jiaohe City Police Department and suffered severe abuse.
17. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Hong Detained in Changli County Brainwashing Center
Ms. Zhang Hong, 28 years old, from Huangying Village, Dapuhe Township, Changli County, is a teacher in Beijing. She is detained in the Changli County Brainwashing Center in Qinhuangdao City. She has been detained for about 20 days.
18. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Qu Xuan Arrested in Zhejiang Province
Mr. Qu Xuan is from Chadaokou Village, Yin Town, Changan District, Xi'an City. Around October 5, 2008, he was arrested at his workplace in Zhejiang Province by local police officers. His family did not hear the news until October 15, 2008.
19. [Li County, Hebei Province] Ms. Cai Guiju Sentenced to Four Years of Imprisonment by Gaoyang Court
20. [Chongqing City] Mr. Wu Jiashu and Mr. Tang Keyu Suffer Abuse
Mr. Wu Jiashu and Mr. Tang Keyu are working at the Fuling Eastern Shipbuilding Plant in Chongqing City. They were reported to the police and exposing the persecution on September 12, 2008. Police officers from the Fuling 610 Office and security officers broke into their homes and seized computers, printers, and truth-clarifying materials.
21. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Mr. Liu Xiyong
On July 24, 2008, Mr. Liu Xiyong was arrested by police officers from the Shihe Police Sation in Jinzhou District and detained in the Sanli Detention Center. On October 10, 2008, he was covertly sentenced to three and half years of forced labor. He is now detained in the Nanguanling Prison in Dalian City.
22. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Lu Yanlin Arrested at Home by Police
At about 11:10 a.m. on October 15, 2008, Ms. Lu Yanlin was arrested at home by three police officers, including Liu Junfeng, from Changchun City Police Department. Two notebook computers, two monitors, two printers, and blank CDs were seized. His father was traumatized by the attack and passed out.
23. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Cong Peijing Arrested
At about 7 a.m. on October 14, 2008, Ms. Cong Peijing was arrested at her rented home in Jinfang Community. Two of her fellow practitioners were arrested at the same time. One elderly practitioner was released the same afternoon.
24. [Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Li Chenghua Detained in Jianhu County Forced Labor Camp; Mr. Chen Lin Detained in Xianshui County Forced Labor Camp
25. [Jiaonan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Chen Meiye and Ms. Shen Chuanjuan Detained
On October 14, 2008, Ms. Chen Meiye and Ms. Shen Chuanjuan, both from Jiaonan City, went to Zangnan Town to distribute information about Falun Gong. They were arrested by local police. They are currently detained in the Jiaonan City Detention Center.
26. [Hebei Province] Abuses Suffered by Practitioners from Longhua County Who Were Arrested Before Olympic Games
On July 14, 2008, Mr. Yu Zhujiang, Ms. Feng Chunxiang, Ms. Dong Ziyun, and Mr. Wang Dehe were reported to police while they were passing out truth-clarification fliers. They were arrested and taken to the Fengning Detention Center. Their homes were searched.
On July 15, 2008, Mr. Yu Zhuhai and Ms. Cui Zhenying were arrested at their workplaces. The police officers looted their homes and offices. Mr. Yu Zhuhai is presently detained in the Fengning Detention Center. Ms. Cui Zhenying was sentenced to one year of forced labor and is detained in the Tangshan City Forced Labor Camp.
On July 18, 2008, Ms. Liu Guixia was arrested at home, and her home was searched. She is detained in the Tangshan City Forced Labor Camp.
Ms. Hao Yujie was sentenced to three years of imprisonment. On October 10, 2008, she was taken to the Shijiazhuang City Women's Prison.
Four more practitioners were arrested by police officers from the Longhua County Police Department. They have been picked up by their families.
27. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Xiuhua Sentenced to Three Years of Imprisonment with Five Years of Probation
Ms. Wang Xiuhua lives in Qianxi County, Tangshan City. Before the Olympic Games, she was arrested under the excuse of "maintaining stability." After being detained in Qianxi County Detention Center for about two months, she was covertly sentenced to three years of imprisonment with a five-year probationary period. At present, she is at home, under duress and surveillance.
Ms. Wang Xiuhua, over 50 years old, was reported to the police for clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa and giving tokens to children in a kindergarten in November 2005. She was detained for one day by police officers from the State Security Division. In May 2006, Ms. Wang, Ms. Chuai Cuijun, and three other practitioners went to Yuhuzhai Township to distribute truth clarification fliers. They were arrested and detained in the Qianxi County Detention Center. When she was brought to court, she suddenly fell ill, and she was released. At night on March 17, 2008, while she was chatting with her neighbors in front of the building in which she lived, He Liansuo, a police officer from the Qianxi County State Security Division, body-searched her, and forcibly took her to the division station, where she was beaten on the face by three police officers. Consequently, both her nose and mouth started bleeding and her face was disfigured. Later, her home was searched, and her computer and materials were seized.
28. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhang Guilian Arrested
Ms. Zhang Guilian, about 50 years old, is a retired worker of a rubber plant in Nanchang County. She lives at No. 502 Yanhe Road, Nanchang County. Around October 5, 2008, she was arrested for distributing truth clarification fliers at the Hongcheng Market and Renai Women's Hospital. Her whereabouts are unknown.
29. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Mr. Li Zhihong Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor and Taken to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp
30. [Chongqing City] Ms. Ma Yixian and Mr. Lin Decai Sentenced to Forced Labor
On August 21, 2008, Ms. Ma Yixian, who lived on Xiejiawan Street in Jiulongpo District, her daughter Ms. Zhang Quancui, and her son-in-law Mr. Lin Decai were arrested by police officers from the State Security Division under the Jiulongpo District Police Department. Since Ms. Zhang Quancui has a three-year-old child, she was released the same night. Ms. Ma Yixian and Mr. Lin Decai were detained in the Huayan Detention Center in Jiulongpo District.
It is reported that at the beginning of October 2008, Ma Yixian and Lin Decai were sentenced to two years and one-and-a-half years of forced labor, respectively. They have been taken to the Chongqing Women's Forced Labor Camp and the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp, respectively. Ms. Zhang Quancui was sentenced to one year of house arrest.
October 15, 2008