(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yan Wencheng and his family live in Wujiawa Village, Yishui County, Shandong Province. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution against Falun Gong first started, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the local authorities collaborated to send Mr. Yan to a brainwashing center, fine him, search his house, arrest him, and imprison him in a forced labor camp.

On July 20, 1999, all practitioners in Wujiawa Village were put under house arrest for 15 days and had to read newspapers and watch TV programs that slandered Teacher. The authorities tried to force practitioners into giving up Dafa. Later, each person had to pay a 600 yuan "deposit." To prevent the practitioners from going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, the authorities demanded that the practitioners report to the police every day, and they couldn't go anywhere without permission. On sensitive days such as April 24 or July 20, Li Hongwei and Wang Jianjun would call or monitor practitioners and sometimes even went to their houses to harass them.

In August 2001, Li Hongwei, director of the Yishui County General Political Office, and several people from the Wujiawa Office deceived Mr. Yan and took him to the brainwashing center in Fengjia Village, Yishui Town. Mr. Yan was illegally imprisoned there for a month and six days and fined 2,500 yuan. Several days after he returned home, he was again taken to the Songfeng Administration District and interrogated for a day. The CCP didn't find anything to charge him with and had to let him go home the next day.

On September 4, 2005, Niu Yong from the Wujiawa Office and Wang Hongliang, commander of the People's Militia, went to harass Mr. Yan. Mr. Yan tried to stop them. They called over 30 people--including Sun Jianxun, secretary of the Yishui County Political and Legal Commission; Chen Xilong, head of the Public Safety Bureau; Li Jianping and Zhang Qiguo from the National Security; and Wang Lei, head of the Police Station, to go to Mr. Yan's house and perform an illegal search. They found nothing and went to another of Mr. Yan's houses and broke in to search that one. They confiscated Mr. Yan's computer, projector, and 30,000 yuan in cash. Mr. Yan escaped and became homeless, and his son was forced to drop out of school. The head of the Public Safety Bureau, Chen Xilong, ordered the police to arrest Mr. Yan's two daughters and two nephews, to force Mr. Yan to come forward.

Mr. Yan's older daughter was nursing and was released on bail. His younger nephew was released on bail and his older nephew was imprisoned for a month. His younger daughter was a minor and was locked in a detention center for 34 days. The police threatened her during a 30-hour-long interrogation, wanting to know Mr. Yan's whereabouts. The younger daughter really didn't know where Mr. Yan was, so Chen Xilong sentenced her to a year in a forced labor camp for "disturbing the social order."

At 6:00 a.m. on May 2, 2007, a dozen people--including Wang Jianjun from the Wujiawa Office, Zhang Hua from the Beijiao Police Station, and Li Yuyou from the National Security--gathered in front of Mr. Yan's home and arrested him as soon as he returned home. They also took his two televisions, a printer, an MPS player, and 600 yuan cash. They beat his younger daughter and confiscated her phone. The police looked everywhere for money and said with no shame, "We have made this family poor by searching. We can't find any more money!"

On May 3, 2007, Li Yuyou and several police officers beat Mr. Yan so badly that he was later sent to a hospital for emergency treatment. The police later sent him to a forced labor camp. The camp refused to admit Mr. Yan because he was too sick. Chen Xilong used his connections and bribery and eventually put Mr. Yan in the camp after holding him for 37 days.

Mr. Yan's son and two daughters went to the National Security Bureau to ask about their father and retrieve the 30,000 yuan in cash and computers that the police had illegally confiscated. Captain Song Wei, Li Yuyou, and other two officers screamed at and beat the three children. The younger daughter's collarbone was injured. Li shouted, "We decide who the 30,000 yuan belongs to. You push me again, I will confiscate it!"

Mr. Yan used to be very sick and had tension headaches, chronic arthritis, and pain in his back and legs. He was also ill tempered. After he started practicing Falun Gong, his illnesses disappeared and he turned into a nice person. He became warm and helpful, and contributed to the community. All his neighbors were amazed at what Falun Dafa did for him. His family became harmonious and happy. They were all very thankful to Teacher. How can nice people like be tortured and treated unfairly just because they practice Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance!