Song Heizi Awakens

In the winter of 2006, agents from the 610 Office in Dalianhe Town, Heilongjiang Province, hired a villager, Song Heizi, from North Dalianhe to tear down flyers that were posted on the telephone poles and walls by local Falun Dafa practitioners. Song Heizi received 30 yuan per day for the removal of the flyers and thought that this assignment was easy money. He urged the local practitioners to continue posting the Dafa literature and flyers, stating that he needed the job.

Practitioners pleaded with him not to tear down the Dafa literature and warned him that he would certainly receive retribution for what he was doing. They told him that he shouldn't make money in such a dishonorable way! Song Heizi disregarded their warnings and continued tearing down the Dafa literature every day.

Song Heizi's wife unexpectedly suffered a stroke and was paralyzed. Song Heizi considered that his wife's condition was due to his ripping down the flyers but rationalized that he should have received the retribution for his evildoing, not his wife. Because he was not convinced that his wife's misfortune was retribution, he continued removing the flyers.

One day as he was chopping firewood at his courtyard, a wood chip hit him in the eye. The pain was so intense that he fell to the ground. He then realized that what the practitioners had told him was the truth and was for his own sake. He decided that he would stop making this ill-gotten money by tearing down Dafa materials and went in search of honorable employment.

Regret for Persecuting Falun Gong

On June 8, 2007, at 2:00 a.m., a villager from Gaotaizi Village, Daotaiqiao Town, Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province, mistook practitioner Mr. Xu Yanchun for a thief and took him to the local police station. Mr. Yanchun had come to the village to distribute Dafa literature. He told the villager that he was a Falun Dafa practitioner and had come to distribute Dafa literature for the purpose of saving people. But this villager not only did not listen, he physically assaulted Mr. Xu. Mr. Xu Yanchun was arrested and detained for 15 days and was released only after paying several thousand yuan in so-called "fines."

After the other villagers read the Falun Dafa literature, they realized that the practitioner had come to distribute the Dafa literature for the purpose of saving them. They accused the villager who had reported the practitioner, and the villager was detained at the local police station, as it was "biting the hand that fed him" and mistreating a good person. They warned him that it was clearly written in the material that whoever participated in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners would certainly suffer retribution for evildoing.

After listening to his peers, this villager agreed that he had gone too far. He said, "The Falun Dafa practitioner came such a long way to distribute the material to save us. I hit him and threatened him, but he holds no resentment against me. Apparently, this practitioner is a good person!" He asked another villager to find the practitioner and offer his apology, and to tell him that he understood the truth after reading the literature. He promised that he would no longer participate in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners and would tell fellow villagers to treat practitioners kindly.

When he heard this, the practitioner not only held no resentment but he was also sincerely happy about the villager's decision.