At noon on August 16, 2007, a group of policemen from the Kuiying Police Station in Zhongshan District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province broke into Dafa practitioner Ms. Ding Zhenfang's mother's house, illegally arrested the nearly 60-year-old Dafa practitioner Ding Zhenfang, took away the machine that she used for making truth-clarifying materials and the truth-clarifying materials, and illegally detained her at the Yaojia Detention Center that night. This was the fourth time that Ms. Ding has been arrested since July 20, 1999.

Arrested in 1999 and Sentenced to Three Years

In November 1999, Ding Zhenfang and her husband were arrested by policeman Gao Yingzhong from the Xigang District Police Department in Dalian City and a policeman from the Shidao Street Police Station. The police ransacked their house and another temporary residence, taking away Dafa books, audiotapes, videotapes, a cell phone, a pager, and 1,800 yuan from the house. Ms. Ding and her husband were detained in the Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City for 21 months and subjected to various forms of physical and mental abuse. For example, Ms. Ding was handcuffed to an iron ring set in the ground for long periods of time. In September 2001, Ms. Ding was sentenced to three years at the Shenyang Women's Prison for 15 months. Her husband was sentenced to three years with four years' probation.

Arrested and Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in 2003

Between May and June of 2003, police from the Shidao Street Police Station in Xigang District arrested Ms. Ding and searched her house. Her father fell ill from the shock and never recovered. He passed away less than two years later.

Ms. Ding went on hunger strike to protest her illegal detention at the Yaojia Detention Center. Prison guard Su Ying, prison doctors Wang Ying and Jia Ling and others beat and force fed her. They tortured her until she was on the verge of death. The police then notified her family to come to the detention center and take her home.

Held in Yaojia Detention Center in 2004

On August 19, 2004, Ms. Ding was reported while clarifying the truth to passengers on a bus, and she was held at the Yaojia Detention Center for four days. She was tortured day and night by eight police officers and prison doctors Su Ying, Wang Ying, and Jia Ling. Later, Ms. Ding was sent to the Dalian Forced Labor Camp.

Under orders from police officers Wan Yalin, Han Jianwen, and Yuan Lingyue, inmates took turns torturing Ms. Ding. They used the death bed and tiger bench, and wrapped her up with tape until she could hardly breathe. The prisoners beat her with sticks, force-fed her with water laced with hot spices, hung her up, put her into solitary detention, and shocked her with electric batons. Due to the torture, Ms. Ding had a deformed appearance, was swollen all over, and her ankle festered to the point where the bone was clearly visible. The scars are visible even now.

Even under these circumstances, Ms. Ding was forced to work during the day and then remain standing until midnight. In the end, Ms. Ding was transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and tortured until she could not speak. There were small growths all over her tongue. The prison doctor diagnosed her with cerebral infarction and urinary blockage, among other severe problems. Having seen that Ms. Ding was on the verge of death, Masanjia personnel notified her family that night to come and take her home. At that time, her sisters could not even recognize her at first.

After going home, under Master's protection, Ms. Ding kept studying the Fa and doing the exercises. Gradually her health was restored, but not to the level it was before.

Arrested for the Fourth Time

On August 16, 2007, at about noon, Ms. Ding was arrested and sent to the Yaojia Detention Center. Her mother went to the detention center several times and asked to take her back. The police said that they could not do that since the arrest was ordered by their superiors.

We hope that fellow practitioners will write letters and make phone calls to the Kuiying Police Station to get them to stop the persecution and help free the detained practitioners.