(Clearwisdom.net) Jiangbin Machine Factory 610 Office Agents' Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners Resulted in Two Deaths

1. Falun Gong practitioner Zhao Yaping worked at the Jiangbin Machine Factory. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, and all of his illnesses were cured. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, officers Dai Qunxing, Ning Jun, He Wenxin and Liu Weiyue from the factory 610 Office and from the Security Division at the Dahualing Police Station (factory security section) started harassing him. Zhao Yaping traveled by train to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on April 19, 2000 and was illegally arrested. Officers at Dahualing Police Station stole 300

yuan cash from him, detained him for 15 days and withheld his salary for nine months. He appealed for Falun Gong again in Beijing in January 2001, and he was again arrested and held in Yueyang for several days. Mr. Zhao immediately returned to Beijing after his release and was arrested and struck on the head.

Officers from Dahuacen Police Station had arrested him twice, on May 10, 2000 and January 18, 2001. The police often harassed and threatened him. He vomited large amounts of blood and passed away in April 2003.

2. Practitioner Li Wenming was a retired worker from the machine factory. He was a kind and simple man and started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Several officers from Dahualing Police Station went to Li Wenming's home on the morning of February 7, 2002 and told Li Wenming's family to take him to a hospital. Li Wenming's daughter said, "My father is in good health. He doesn't need to go to the hospital." Police chief Li Sheng lied to the daughter and said they wanted to talk to the family at the police station for about 30 minutes, after which they would be able to return home. When the family arrived there, they arrested Li Wenming's wife Quan Huiping and sent her to a detention center. They also ransacked Li Wenming's home. Three officers from Yuetang Police Station interrogated Quan Huiping on February 8, 2002. Quan Huiping refused to cooperate with them. One tall police officer commanded Quan Huiping to commit suicide and rammed her head against the wall so he could make a video to slander Falun Gong.

Police chief Li Sheng and two officers interrogated Quan Huiping again the next morning. They force-fed her and pried two of her teeth loose.

Quan Huiping's husband Li Wenming was worried about her the whole time. He had been under long-term stress and suffered a relapse of old illnesses. He cooked dinner but passed away before he could eat it, at 5:00 p.m. on February 9, 2002. The police were aware of his death but never told Quan Huiping about it, nor did they let her see her husband's body.

Quan Huiping's daughter went to the 610 Office on February 23, 2002 to sign a document. Officers from the Dahualing Police Station took her to the Jiangbin Factory Hospital. They also tried to take Quan Huiping to the hospital, but she firmly refused. Several people were assigned to monitor her. They took her to the fourth floor at the Dahualing Police Station on February 24, 2002. They isolated her and did not let her leave the room or talk to anyone and forced her to watch TV programs slandering Falun Gong. The perpetrators used corporal punishment when she refused to answer questions. They kept her under constant surveillance and did not let her go home until the end of March, when she finally learned about her husband's death.

Brainwashing Classes; Home Ransacking; Detention and Forced Labor

The Communist regime locks up Falun Gong practitioners on holidays and so-called "sensitive days," so they sent the practitioners to brainwashing classes, detention centers, custody centers and ransacked their homes. Jiangbin 610 Office agents were often behind all of these human rights violations.

1. Persecution of Falun Gong practitioner Shen Qiaoxiu

Practitioner Ms. Shen Qiaoxiu, 61, is retired from the Jiangbin Machine Factory. She suffered from gallstones, anorexia, uterine prolapse and many other conditions, all of which were cured through Falun Gong practice after March 1997. She regained energy and also improved relationships with her family.

Shen Qiaoxiu went to Beijing in mid April 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested and detained for 15 days. Factory security officials took all of her money and squandered it on a tour in Beijing. When they returned, they took nine months of Shen Qiaoxiu's pension. Factory officials tricked Shen Qiaoxiu into coming to the security section on May 10, 2001 and forced her and some other practitioners to watch defamatory TV programs. Shen Qiaoxiu was monitored one-on-one by officials and held for three days.

Shen Qiaoxiu went out to explain the facts about Falun Gong on January 22, 2006. Officers from the Hetang Police Station arrested her on her way home and handcuffed her behind her back for an entire night. They did not let her sleep. Following that, officers from Dahualing Police Station held her in a detention center for one month. They planned to detain her in a forced labor camp for one year, but the camp authorities refused to accept her because her blood pressure was 210 mmHg over 100 mmHg on arrival at the camp. Officer Dai Qunxing threatened the forced labor camp, saying, "You must take this person. I have reached an agreement with your superiors."

2. Persecution of practitioner Ran Taizhen

Practitioner Ran Taizhen rode the train to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong on April 19, 2000. She was arrested on the train. Security officers from the factory took 300 yuan cash from her and detained her for 15 days. Soon after her release, on May 10, 2000, officers from the Security Division of Dahualing Police Station took her to a brainwashing class. She was taken to another brainwashing class at the factory security division (affiliated with Dahualing Police Station) on January 18, 2001. The perpetrators withheld nine months of pension from her. The 610 Office ordered the factory security officers to ransack her home on February 24, 2005 and detain her for 15 days.

3. Persecution of Cao Lijiao

Cao Lijiao distributed Falun Gong flyers on January 22, 2006. Officers Wang Dan and Liu Ziqian from Hetang Police Station arrested her on her way home. Officials from Xiangtan City 610 Office, from the Yuetang Police Station and Li Sheng and Dai Qunxing from the Security Division at the Dahualing Police Station were involved in the persecution. Officers from the Hetang Police Station handcuffed Cao Lijiao on her back overnight and did not let her sleep or use the restroom. They said it was "an order from above." They eventually let her use the restroom only when they were about to take her to Xiangtan Detention Center at noon on February 23, 2006.

The factory's 610 Office agents and officers from Dahualing Police Station Security Division sent her to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp on February 22, 2006, to be held for one year.

Five officials - Wang Changwen, the factory's "610 Office" head, Party official Dai and three officers from the Yuetang Police Station went to Cao Lijiao's home at 6:30 p.m. on April 27, 2007 in an attempt to arrest her, but she was not home. They went to the home of Cao Lijiao's father and pounded on the door. Cao's father did not know what was happening, so he opened the door a crack. The officials immediately forced their way inside and ransacked the home. They took 18 Falun Gong books, 45 Falun Gong articles and 65 miscellaneous materials that explain the facts about Falun Gong. They arrested Cao Lijiao who was visiting her father, handcuffed her and took her to a detention center. They sent her to a forced labor camp on May 21, 2007, to be held for one year.

4. Persecution of Quan Huiping

Practitioner Quan Huiping is a 65-year-old retiree. She was once known in the factory for her sicknesses. Fortunately, she started practicing Falun Gong on December 20, 1996. She conducted herself according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance and enjoyed a better, illness-free life.

She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in mid December 1999 and was arrested. She was transferred from a custody center to the factory Security Division on January 1, 2000. The factory's 610 Office head Wang Changwen pounded his fists on the table and cursed Quan Huiping in front of her family. He accused Quan Huiping of staining the factory's image. He threatened her family and coerced her to write guarantee statements, saying she could not go home unless she complied with his demands. Her family lived in fear. Quan Huiping was released on October 9, 2001, but officers from Dahualing Police Station often harassed her and tricked her to report to the police. They said, "The Communist Party is still the boss; if you guys keep doing it [spreading the truth], we'll run you down with tanks and machine guns, like back on June 4, 1989." (Referring to the Tiananmen Square Massacre)

Quan Huiping was arrested in April 2000 when doing the Falun Gong exercises on the lawn inside the residential compound. Officers from the Dahualing Police Station ransacked her home and sent her to a drug rehabilitation center where she was stripped naked for a body search. The police also extorted 168 yuan from her.

Quan Huiping was reported to the police on May 10, 2000 when making copies of a letter of appeal. Officers from the factory security division arrested her on the spot. In the evening, the officers arrested practitioners Zhao Yaping, Xiang Hairong, Ran Taizhen and Shen Qiaoxiu and detained them in a brainwashing class for 15 days. They also extorted 170 yuan from the practitioners.

Quan Huiping and her husband Li Wenming went to Beijing on December 28, 2000 and they were both arrested. Officers from the Dahualing Police Station extorted money from them. Liu Guoxiong, the police station head, and his wife flew to Beijing and enjoyed luxury hotels, meals and trips using money extorted from Falun Gong practitioners. Liu Guoxiong took 500 yuan cash from Quan Huiping in Beijing and later took 3,000 yuan of her pension. He also took 3,000 yuan pension from practitioner Xia Yigui. He detained her for 15 days and extorted 170 yuan and eventually cut off her pension permanently.

Quan Huiping and four other practitioners unfurled banners that read, "Falun Dafa is good;" and "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa" and shouted "Falun Dafa is good" in Tiananmen Square. Beijing police arrested Quan Huiping. When officers from the Dahualing Police Station went to Beijing to take Quan Huiling back to Xiangtan City, Beijing police demanded 360 yuan, but Quan Huiling had only 300 yuan on her. She broke free on the morning of January 3, 2000 and went into exile for the next three months. The police issued an unlawful arrest warrant, pursued her and ransacked her home. She was arrested by officers from the factory security division on February 25, 2001 and was taken to a detention center. She was transferred to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp on March 28, 2001 to be held there for 18 months. This was done without following due process of law.

Quan Huiping posted stickers with the words reading "Falun Dafa is good" on October 1, 2003 and officers from Yijiawan Police Station arrested her. A tall policeman kicked Quan Huiping's lower back, legs and arms. Another officer, around 40 years old, poured cold water on Quan Huiping's head and tried to burn her hair with a cigarette lighter. He said, "I wish this was gasoline so you could self-immolate." They turned a fan on her for a whole night while she was forced to sit on the cold concrete floor. Her left leg bled from repeated kicking, and her right leg started cramping. She could not stand still, and her whole body twitched. Officers from the Dahualing Police Station and from the Yijiawan Police Station took Quan Huiping, who was incontinent by this time, to a detention center the following day. Officers from Xiangtan City's 610 Office, from the Dahualing Police Station and from the Yijiawan Police Station jointly interrogated her. [After interrogation], they did not give her a quilt, and Quan Huiping lay on the bare wooden bed and vomited. Her body exhibited signs of frostbite by turning black, and her hair turned white within only a few days. The detention center guards said, "Quan Huiping, we are not responsible if you die here."

The factory 610 Office agents and those from the Dahualing Police Station sent Quan Huiping to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp on December 12, 2003 and continued to torture her.

Quan Huiping shouted by the gate, "Falun Dafa is good!" The labor camp officials hung her from a metal window frame and taped her mouth shut, and then they refused to accept her. The factory officials then took her to the Zhuzhou No. 2 Hospital for a physical examination, but the labor camp still did not want to admit her. The officials argued among themselves and brought her back to the detention center. Surprisingly, the detention center also refused to accept her. They took her back to the Dahualing Police Station. They forced her daughter to sign a document, and her son-in-law carried her home. The factory 610 Office did not give up and often sent people to harass and threaten her, saying, "Quan Huiping, we can send you to the labor camp anytime."

Quan Huiping delivered some salty vegetables to a friend on February 17, 2004. Chen Liwen, chairman of the worker's union and head of the 610 Office saw her in the street, and she greeted him. He immediately called the Dahualing Police Station and told officer Dai Qunxing to follow Quan Huiping. Dai Qunxing arrived and took the salty vegetables. He shoved Quan Huiping into a taxi and took her to the Police Station. Dai Qunxing threatened, "Tomorrow we'll send you to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp where you can celebrate the Chinese New Year!" He also said, "Any police station can arrest and beat a Falun Gong like you! If we break your leg, you asked for it! It has nothing to do with us." He told her not to leave the community and said she was a labor camp detainee who was serving her sentence at home.

Several police officers went to Quan Huiping's home on March 11, 2004 and tried to take her to a brainwashing class. Quan Huiping refused to open the door. Police officer Dai Qunxing called her daughter, who was living with her, on his cell phone. He made her come home from work and coerced her to open the door. The girl cried and said, "Only you are capable of such a thing. My mother is of advanced age; she doesn't have to open the door for you [respect for elders is important in traditional Chinese culture]. My father died from persecution last year and he didn't know where mother was at the time of death. If you must go inside, only one official can enter." Police officer Li Sheng said they would take Quan Huiping to a brainwashing class, even if they have to carry her there. Quan Huiping explained to them, "Goodness is rewarded and evildoing is punished. You are responsible for my husband's death, and if you kill me, Falun Gong practitioners all over the world would appeal for me. If you don't change your behavior, you will receive retribution and will endlessly have to pay for your crimes." The officials withheld one month of Quan Huiping's daughter and son-in-law's salary and forced them to stay home and watch her in order to stir up Quan Huiping's family members' resentment against her.

A group of police broke into Quan Huiping's home at 7:00 p.m. on February 24, 2005. They took picture(s) of the Falun Gong founder and some Falun Gong books. They returned at around 10:00 p.m. and waited by the door, trying to capture her. Among the officers were He Wenxin from the Dahualing Police Station Security Division, and Zhang, deputy head of the factory Security Division. The police returned the next morning and knocked on the door. They stayed outside for a long time, but Quan Huiping did not open the door.

5. Persecution of Xiang Hairong

Practitioner Xiang Hairong was a nurse at the factory hospital. Officers from the factory Security Division monitored, followed, threatened and intimidated her because of her belief. They fabricated slanderous accusations against her and said they would arrest her and take her to a forced labor camp if she ever leaves Jiangbin. The factory 610 Office agents twice sent her to a forced labor camp. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong on April 19, 2000 and was detained for 15 days. She was fired from her job four years ago.

Dai Qunxing from the Dahualing Police Station and Li Zhenhong from the Jiangbin Party Committee tried to persuade Xiang Hairong to go to the police station, but Xiang Hairong did not cooperate with them. Dai Qunxing threatened Xiang Hairong at her home in late November 2003 that she would be sent to a forced labor camp if she ever leaves Jiangbin.

Li Sheng, Dai Qunxing, He Wenxin and Zhang Xiangyang from the Dahualing Police Station broke into the home of Xiang Hairong's mother Shen Qiaoxiu at 5:00 p.m. on January 2, 2004 [Chinese lunar calendar, equals January 15, 2004 in solar calendar]. They ransacked the home but found nothing they wanted. Three days later, the same group of police waited outside Xiang Hairong's home. Factory Party Committee head Li Zhenjiang bribed Xiang Hairong's neighbors to monitor her.

Xiang Hairong made a purchase from a street vendor in late May 2004 when a police car suddenly pulled up. Officer Zhou Jian jumped out, forced Xiang Hairong's arms behind her back, maneuvered her into the vehicle and drove her to a detention center. The police fabricated information in an attempt to send her to a labor camp. One of the three pieces of "incriminating evidence" they came up with was "Xiang Hairong taught Falun Gong to her three-year-old son." They took her to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp on May 26, 2004, to be held for two years.

Xiang Hairong's mother was never informed of her daughter's transfer to the forced labor camp as she discovered when she went to the detention center. She went to the Police Station and demanded her daughter's release. The authorities tossed a piece of white paper at her with the words "Xiang Hairong--labor reeducation" on it. Xiang Hairong's father held the paper and said he would sue the police. The police became flustered and told a Falun Gong practitioner to get the paper back. They deceived the practitioner that they would release Xiang Hairong if she would get the paper back, while in fact they had no such intention of releasing Xiang. In reality they were afraid of leaving any evidence against them.

6. Persecution of Shen Guilian and Li Tiejun

Practitioners Ms. Shen Guilian in her 50s, and Ms. Li Tiejun in her 60s, both of whom work(ed) for the factory, were arrested on April 26, 2007 when distributing Falun Gong flyers [that dispel state-run TV broadcast lies] at the Jindu Market in Zhuzhou City. Officials from the market security section sent them to the National Security Division at the Lusong Police Station in Zhuzhou City. Shen Guilian was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor.

Qu Guohua, an employee of the Jiangbin Machine Factory School, was extremely frightened during the persecution. She would not open the door when the factory 610 Office agents knocked. She had practiced Falun Gong in secret and passed away on March 8, 2007.

Wang Changwen, head of the Jiangbin Machine Factory 610 Office: 86-732-5576540 (home)