Additional Persecution News from China - July 7, 2007 (52 Reports)
1. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Cui Lixin on Hunger Strike for Days - His Life is in Imminent Danger
Practitioner Ms. Cui Lixin from Shijiazhuang City was illegally arrested on June 21, 2007. She was taken to the Zanhuang Detention Center. She has been on a hunger strike, abstaining from both food and water, and has been vomiting and urinating blood. Her life is in danger.
In 2001, Ms. Cui Lixin was illegally sentenced to four years in prison.
2. [Ziyang City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Ms. Wu Suying Forcibly Taken to Brainwashing Center
On July 4, 2007, practitioner Ms. Wu Suying from Ziyang City was forcibly taken to the Er'ehu Brainwashing Center in Yingjie Town, Ziyang City by members of the residential committee and officers from the Chengbei Police Station.
3. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Authorities from Olympics Center Use Women's Soccer Event as an Opportunity to Persecute Falun Gong
In late June 2007, the Qinhuangdao City Sports Administration and the city's Olympics Center dismissed any staff members who had close family members that are Falun Gong practitioners. The authorities used the excuse of preparing for the International Women's Soccer Invitational Event, which started on July 1 as preparation for the 2008 Olympics.
4. [Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Lihua Unlawfully Detained
Practitioner Ms. Liu Lihua, approximately 30 years old, is from Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province. On February 8, 2007, Ms. Liu was illegally arrested in Shanghai by the Yancheng City Police on the grounds of visiting prohibited Internet sites. She was taken to a hotel in the development zone in Yancheng City. Xu Zhiliang (male), deputy director of the 610 Office, along with other police officers, tortured Ms. Liu Lihua while interrogating her. Ms. Liu has been transferred to the Yancheng Detention Center.
Xu Zhiliang (male), deputy director of Yandu District 610 Office in Yancheng City: 86-13365181072, 86-5158420331, 86-5158426252
5. [Yongji County, Jilin Province] Practitioner Ms. Hao Shuping Taken into Custody
In the early evening of July 2, 2007, officials from the Xiyang Town government in Yongji County, Jilin Province, along with local police officers, arrived at practitioner Ms. Hao Shuping's home. They tried to coerce her into signing some statements, but Ms. Hao refused. As a result, she was taken away by the officials and police.
6. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Wu Guimei Arrested
In June 2007, practitioner Ms. Wu Guimei from the Hankou area in Wuhan City was arrested at a fellow practitioner's home by members of the community 610 Office. Ms. Wu is being held at the Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center.
7. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Fengxian Taken to Brainwashing Center
On June 20, 2007, Ms. Liu Fengxian, 46, a practitioner from Xiaozhuliu Village in Canzhuang Town, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province, was taken away from her home by officers from the city's 610 Office. Ms. Liu is being held at the Linglong Brainwashing Center.
8. [Beijing] Five Practitioners, Including Mr. Xiao Jinlong, Taken into Custody
On July 2, 2007, officers from the Mentougou Police Department in Beijing took into custody five practitioners, including Mr. Xiao Jinlong, Mr. Zhang Lijun, and Ms. Zhang Lihua. The five practitioners are being held at the Mentougou Police Department.
9. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] On June 29, Police Arrested Practitioner Ms. Han, about 40 Years Old, from the Huangqitun Area in Jilin City
10. [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Supplementary Information on Illegal Detention of Ms. Zhang Shuxiang
On the afternoon of June 26, 2007, Ms. Zhang Shuxiang, a practitioner from Wendeng City, went to the family quarters of the police department to distribute truth-clarifying materials. The police unlawfully took her into custody at the scene.
11. [Chongqing] Practitioner Mr. Ren Dongchuan Unlawfully Detained
At 8:00 p.m. on June 1, 2007, six police officers from the Jiulongpo District Police Department in Chongqing and the Xipeng Police Station broke into Mr. Ren Dongchuan's home. The officers confiscated a personal computer, a printer, printer paper, a cell phone, four MP3 players, a portable stereo system, recorders, and other personal items. The police took into custody Mr. Ren Dongchuan and his 74-year-old mother. On the morning of June 2, his mother was sent home. Mr. Ren, however, was taken to the Jiulongpo District Detention Center.
12. [Manzhouli City, Inner Mongolia] Practitioner Mr. Yang Wentong Taken to Brainwashing Center
On the afternoon of June 29, 2007, practitioner Mr. Yang Wentong was taking a nap at his home in Manzhouli City, Inner Mongolia. Six police officers from the Hulunbeir City 610 Office broke in and took him away. Mr. Yang was taken to a brainwashing center in Ewenke Banner.
13. [Chongqing] Practitioner Ms. Cao Peisu, 63, Illegally Arrested Numerous Times
14. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Ju Yanyan Arrested
On March 20, 2007, practitioner Ms. Ju Yanyan from Daqing City was unlawfully arrested by the Shanghai state security police when she was in Shanghai visiting her brother Mr. Ju Yanlai. Ms. Ju is being unlawfully held at the Putuo District Detention Center, facing a possible prison term.
Putuo District Detention Center in Shanghai: 86-21-62241220
15. [Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioners Ms. Ren Aixiang and Mr. Yu Dianchen Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of July 5, 2007, Hulin City practitioners Ms. Ren Aixiang and Mr. Yu Dianchen were taken into custody. The police conducted unlawful searches and confiscated printers, personal computers, books, photos, and other items.
16. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners, Including Ms. Zhang Yuemei, Arrested
On July 5, 2007, practitioners Ms. Zhang Yuemei, Ms. Li Jihua, and Ms. Sui Guanghua from Zhugou Town went to Yunshan Town to clarify the truth. They were arrested by officers from the Yunshan Town Police Station and are being held at the Yunshan Police Station. The police also went to Zhugou Town to unlawfully search Ms. Zhang Yuemei's home.
17. [Huaiyang County, Henan Province] Mr. Jian Yongzhen and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
On their way home, practitioners Mr. Jian Yongzhen, Ms. Zhi Meiying, Ms. Zhu Zhenying, Ms. Zhang Fengmei, and Ms. Liangmei from Lutai Township in Huaiyang County were taken into custody by officers from the Zhuji Township Police Station in Huaiyang County. They were taken to the police station. One was released, and the other four were transferred to the county detention center the next day.
Li Yumin (male), township commissioner: 86-13938047698 (cell)
Li Yan (male), director of the police station: 86-13839450596 (cell)
18. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Practitioner Ms. Liu Yuqin Arrested and Money Extorted from Her Family
On the evening of June 28, 2007, Ms. Liu Yuqin was unlawfully taken into custody at Songshan Square by two plainclothes police officers. Officers from the Zhenxing Police Station searched Ms. Liu's office and home. Ms. Liu Yuqin is now being held at the Chifeng City Brainwashing Center. Her family has been forced to pay 4,000 yuan to cover the so-called tuition and 3,000 yuan as a deposit.
Zhengxing Police Station in Songshan District: 86-476-8441381
19. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] On the Morning of July 5, 2007, Practitioner Mr. Wang Zhonggui Arrested by Officers from Xinzhuang Town, Zhaoyuan City
20. [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] In July 2007, Practitioners Ms. Chang Jinghua and Ms. Jia Yihong Taken into Custody by 610 Office
21. [Kuancheng County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Xu Guixia Forced to Leave Home
On May 24, 2007, Wang Yinbai (male), director of the Tangdaohe Town Police Station in Kuancheng County, along with Liu Wenxue (male), deputy director of the police station, and another officer broke into practitioner Ms. Xu Guixia's home. The three police officers tried to coerce Ms. Xu to write a statement promising not to practice Falun Gong. Ms. Xu refused to comply. She has had to leave town to avoid further persecution.
Since 1999, Ms. Xu Guixia has been taken into custody three times. Money was extorted from her on two of the three occasions, totaling over 4,000 yuan.
Tangdaohe Town Police Station in Kuancheng County, Hebei Province: 86-314-6941010
Wang Yinbai (male), director of the Tangdaohe Town Police Station: 86-13932402088 (Cell)
Liu Wenxue (male), deputy director of the Tangdaohe Town Police Station: 86-13831498503 (Cell)
22. [Chongqing] In July 2007, Practitioner Mr. Xia Jiazuo from Yongchuan Area Taken into Custody
23. [Chongqing] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Shaowei Transferred to Yongchuan Prison
Mr. Zhang Shaowei, a practitioner from the Qijiang area in Chongqing, was unlawfully arrested in October 2006. He was held in the Huayan Detention Center. Later, Mr. Zhang was secretly given a four-year prison sentence. In April 2007, he was transferred to the Seventh Ward in the Yongchuan Prison.
24. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Police Illegally Searched Practitioner Ms. Zhan Zhiying's Home
On the morning of July 5, 2007, eight police officers in the Linghejie area in Chaoyang City broke into practitioner Ms. Zhan Zhiying's home. The officers confiscated a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong, Falun Dafa books, truth-clarifying DVDs, and other items.
25. [Cao County, Shandong Province] Practitioners Mr. Li Baomin and Mr. Hu Guangzhen Illegally Detained
On July 5, 2007, Wang Xia (male), Li Bing (male), and other officers from the 610 Office at the Cao County Police Department in Shandong Province climbed over the wall and broke into practitioner Mr. Li Baomin's home. The officers searched the place and confiscated a personal computer, a printer, and other items. Later, the police took Mr. Li Baomin and Mr. Hu Guangzhen into custody. The two practitioners are being held at the Cao County Detention Center.
26. [Qidong County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Mr. Kuang Sheng Unlawfully Arrested and His Home Searched
On July 1, 2007, officers from the Qidong County State Security Division in Hengyang City took Ms. Tan Luyun (who remained handcuffed) to her home to search the place. Ms. Tan was arrested on June 24, 2007. The officers confiscated two personal computers, a photocopier, a printer, and other personal property. Ms. Tan's husband Mr. Kuang Sheng was also arrested.
27. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Fang and Other Practitioners Held in Brainwashing Center
Ms. Li Fang, a practitioner from Fushun City, was taken into custody by the police in Dalian City, Liaoning Province. Ms. Li is being held at the Luotaishanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Fushun City. A total of fifteen practitioners are being unlawfully held in this brainwashing center.
28. [Yitulihe, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Min Daqing Held in Brainwashing Center After Being Taken Away from His Home at Around 6:00 a.m. on June 12, 2007
29. [Chongqing] Practitioners Ms. Li Zhengying and Daughter Ms. Zhao Fengxia Taken into Custody in Chongqing
On June 22, 2007, Ms. Li Zhengying and her daughter Ms. Zhao Fengxia from Tongliang County in Chongqing went to the urban district in Chongqing to visit their relatives. They were unlawfully arrested. They are being held at the Liudianzi Detention Center in the Daping area in Chongqing.
Liudianzi Detention Center in the Daping area: 86-23-63601210
30. [Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Ying Jianglin Remains in Custody in No. 4 Division at Shiliping Forced Labor Camp in Zhejiang Province After the End of His Term on July 5, 2007
Administration Section of the Shiliping Forced Labor Camp in Zhejiang Province: 86-570-7066076
31. [Wuning County, Jiangxi Province] Five Practitioners, Including Mr. Zhang Lingao, Taken into Custody
At around 9:00 a.m. on July 5, 2007 in Shidu Township, officers of the Wuning County State Security Division in Jiangxi Province took into custody Mr. Zhang Lingao, his wife, his nephew, his nephew's wife, and another practitioner.
32. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Li Shulan Arrested
In July 2007, Ms. Li Shulan, a practitioner from Donggang City, went to Kuandian County to distribute truth-clarifying materials. She was illegally arrested by officers from the Political Security Section of the Kuandian County Police Department.
Political Security Section in the Kuandian County Police Department: 86-415-5123582
33. [Xingcheng City, Liaoning Province] Police Harass Practitioners Using the Excuse of Revisits
At 10:00 a.m. on July 6, 2007, officials from the Dazhai Township in Xingcheng City, along with local police officers, used the excuse of "revisiting" practitioners after practitioners Ms. Zhang Chongyue and Mr. Yi Zhijie were released from unlawful custody. The police confiscated a personal computer, a printer, and some Falun Dafa books. The two practitioners managed to escape by maintaining righteous thoughts.
34. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Jinling and Her Husband Trapped in Their Home
On the evening of July 5, 2007, officers from the Luochengtou Police Station in Handan City unlawfully searched the home of practitioner Ms. Liu Jinling. They confiscated a personal computer and other items. Ms. Liu and her husband have been under siege with police staking out their home.
35. [Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Han Naijun and Other Practitioners Remain in Custody
On the afternoon of June 28, 2007, Ms. Zhang Yanmei, a practitioner from Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia, was unlawfully taken into custody. She was released the same night. Her husband and another practitioner, Mr. Yan Jialiang, remain in custody at the Hexi Detention Center.
36. [Longkou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Yin Hongxia Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of June 18, 2007, Ms. Yin Hongxi, a practitioner from Lutou Town in Longkou City, went to the Huangcheng Market to clarify the truth. She was reported to the police and taken away by officers from the Chengguan Police Department and the Chengguan Police Station. Ms. Yin is being held at the Zhangjiagou Police Station. The police pried open the door at Ms. Yin's home the same evening and confiscated Falun Dafa books and other items.
37. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Chen Man Transferred to Brainwashing Center
On June 24, 2007, Ms. Chen Man, a practitioner from Wuhan City, was transferred directly from the Women's Forced Labor Camp to the No. 2 Brainwashing Center in Jianghan District by the 610 Office.
38. [Nanyang City, Henan Province] Ms. Ping Dingrui, a Practitioner from Sheqi County, Taken into Custody in July 2007 for Clarifying the Truth
39. [Zhuolu County, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners, Including Ms. Liu Runlian, Tortured in Police Station
On July 5, 2007, three Falun Gong practitioners from Zhuolu County, including Ms. Liu Runlian, were clarifying the truth in Wubao Town. Officers from the Wubao Town Police Station arrested them and handcuffed them each to an iron chair. The officers confiscated truth-clarifying materials. The three practitioners were transferred to the county detention center before being released.
40. [Daxing'anling City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Yang Yunjie Unlawfully Arrested
Ms. Yang Yunjie, a practitioner from Tahe County in Daxing'anling City, was unlawfully arrested at home by the Tahe County Police Station. The police confiscated a notebook computer, a printer, a cell phone, computer supplies, and truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Yang Yunjie has been sentenced to two years of forced labor. She is being held at the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province.
41. [Shanghai] Practitioners Mr. Huang Jiayuan and Ms. Chen Chen Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
Practitioner Mr. Huang Jiayuan was unlawfully arrested in early May 2006 and sentenced to four years in prison. Practitioner Ms. Chen Chen, who was arrested with Mr. Huang, may possibly receive an even longer prison term. The two practitioners are still being held at the Jinshan Detention Center fourteen months after their arrest.
42. [Qing'an County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Tian Chunmei and Mr. Yu Liming, Teachers at Tongle Middle School, Unlawfully Arrested
Practitioners Ms. Tian Chenmei and Mr. Yu Liming are teachers at the Tongle Middle School in Qing'an County. They were turned in to the authorities for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong and telling students the principle of being a good person. On June 15, 2007, four state security police officers in Qing'an County broke into the homes of Ms. Tian and Mr. Yu to conduct a search. They then went to the school and took the two practitioners into custody. On the afternoon of June 16, the state security police released the two teachers after extorting 10,000 yuan from each of their families.
43. [Quyang County, Hebei Province] Practitioners Ms. Li Ronghui and Ms. Xia Jingmin Unlawfully Held at Police Department
At around 10:00 a.m. on July 5, 2007, practitioner Ms. Li Ronghui was taken away from her home by officers of the Quyang County State Security Division. Practitioner Ms. Xia Jingmin tried to clarify truth to the police, and she was too taken away. The two practitioners are being held at the police department.
44. [Wu'an City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Mifeng Taken into Custody
Ms. Liu Mifeng, a practitioner from Yangyi Town in Wu'an City, was posting truth-clarifying materials along the streets on the evening of July 1, 2007. She was taken into custody by officers of the Chengxi Police Station in Handan City. The police searched the practitioner's home the next day.
45. [Pingyuan County, Shandong Province] Police from 610 Office Escalate Harassment of Practitioners
Between late 2006 and early 2007, police from the Pingyuan County 610 Office launched a campaign to search practitioners' homes, take them into custody, and extort their families across the county. The police unlawfully sentenced practitioner Mr. Li Peihong to forced labor. Mr. Li had been forced to leave his hometown of Weifang City and was temporarily staying in Pingyuan County.
610 Office: 86-534-4256967
Zhang Zhenyi (male), director of the 610 Office: 86-13395447689
46. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Practitioners Ms. Liu Yushan and Her Sister Ms. Liu Yuzhu Arrested
On the evening of July 4, 2007, practitioners Ms. Liu Yushan and her sister Ms. Liu Yuzhu from Shinan District in Qingdao City were distributing truth-clarifying materials in a residential community. Two recyclers spotted them and alerted the police. The 110 (emergency) police response team arrived and arrested the two sisters, then took them to the Liaoyuan Road Police Station in Shibei District, Qingdao City.
47. [Beijing] Practitioner Ms. Liu Fengzhen Taken into Custody
Officers from the Tuanjiehu Police Station led other police officers from the 610 Office, the State Security Division, and the Chaoyang Police Department to practitioner Ms. Liu Fengzhen's home at 9:00 a.m. on May 31, 2007. They deceived Ms. Liu into opening the door, then unlawfully searched the place, and took Ms. Liu away.
48. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Wu Xiuying Illegally Taken into Custody
On the evening of July 4, 2007, Ms. Wu Xiuying, a practitioner from Shijiazhuang City, went to the Xinhua residential community to distribute truth-clarifying materials. She was followed by officers from the Shigangdajie Police Station and illegally taken into custody.
49. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] On the Evening of July 5, 2007, Practitioner Ms. Liu Yuanlan Arrested and Her Home and Store Front Illegally Searched
50. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Zhongshan District Court Holds Illegal Trial for Practitioner Mr. Zhang Chengjun at 9:30 a.m. on July 3, 2007
51. [Rongcheng City, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Lin Yinglian Unlawfully Taken into Custody
At 8:00 a.m. on July 4, 2007, practitioners Ms. Lin Yinglian and Ms. Yuan Guixiang from the Xiche area in Shidao Town, Shandong Province, went to Taoyuan Village in the Shidaowan Development Zone to distribute truth-clarifying materials. Later, they were taken into custody by officers from the Shidao Town 610 Office. The police illegally searched their homes. The two practitioners are being held at the Rongcheng City Detention Center.
At 6:00 p.m. on July 5, Ms. Jiang Yuli, a practitioner at the Shidao Glass Factory, returned home from work, and found officers from the Rongcheng City 610 Office, who were waiting at her home. The officers took her into custody and also took away a personal computer and other items.
52. [Tianjin] Practitioner Ms. Zhu Xinhong Unlawfully Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
On May 30, 2007, Ms. Zhu Xinhong, a practitioner from Tianjin, was posting truth-clarifying materials. She was taken into custody by officers from the Dahutong Police Station in Hongqiao District. She has already been sentenced to two years of forced labor.