(Clearwisdom.net) On May 29, 2007, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Yanqun from Foshan City, along with practitioner Xia Wencong, went to the Gaoming District to distribute truth-clarification materials. She was illegally arrested by officers from the Gaoming District Police Department and imprisoned in the Gaoming Detention Center. Moreover, she is not allowed to have family members visit her. Her 17-year-old daughter has no one to take care of her.

Around 3:00 p.m. on the same day that Li Yanqun was imprisoned, the police confiscated her family's property. On the "detailed list" of what was confiscated, there was no seal by the police department, nor was there a signature by the responding officer. A family member went to the police department to ask for her release. Peng, who declared herself as the person in charge, treated Li Yanqun's family member rudely. Peng walked away after saying a few careless words. In addition, when the family member requested Peng's telephone number, Peng gave only a general office number. When Peng was asked her full name, she dared not give it.

Li Yanqun began practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Before then, she had pain all over her body and was dependent upon many medicines. After practicing Falun Gong for three months, she magically recovered. It was Falun Gong that gave her a second life.

Falun Gong has been persecuted by Jiang's group since July 20, 1999. Ms. Li maintained her firm belief and clarified the truth about Falun Gong. In August 1999, she walked down the street with her daughter. They were arrested by agents of the 610 Office of the Urban District Police Department in Fushan. At that time her daughter was only nine years old. The head of the 610 Office, Zheng Biao, even threatened the nine-year-old girl, who was so traumatized that she fell seriously ill. In 2001, the police arrested Ms. Li again and took her to the so-called "study center" and forced her to undergo brainwashing for three months. Her family was disturbed day and night and never had any peace. Her husband (who did not practice Falun Gong) also became ill.

In July 2003, a group of police officers lead by Zheng Biao kept harassing and threatening her family. Her husband's health worsened, and he died in November 2003. Losing her husband and with no income, Li Yanqun had difficulty making a living. The street committee did not console her; instead, they told Li Yanqun to give up practicing Falun Gong. They told her, "If you practice Falun Gong, you are not entitled to any relief funds." So Li Yanqun's relief funds were withheld by the street committee, and life became even more difficult for her.

In June 2005, Zheng Biao, head of the 610 Office; police officer Peng Xiaohong; and others went to Li Yanqun's home. When they tried to force their way in, she called out the window and let the neighbors know what was going on. This deterred the police for a while, but they eventually took her away.

Li Yanqun is now imprisoned in the Gaoming Detention Center after her most recent arrest. Her 17-year-old daughter is at home alone. Her daughter worries about her mother very much and is very lonely.