(Clearwisdom.net) The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) continues committing crimes, even though its persecution of Falun Gong has been widely exposed and spurns widespread condemnation from the international community. Instead, the Party has resorted to more sinister and concealed methods. When physical torture and brainwashing fail to "transform" practitioners, CCP police and doctors use poisonous drugs and other treacherous methods to torture and kill Falun Gong practitioners. In an effort to evade justice, the Party uses lies and violence to keep a lid on an already sizzling pressure cooker. What is exposed in this article represents only a minute portion of history's most brutal persecution.

In the Hospitals, Innocent Lives Vanish Without a Trace

Qingyang District People's Hospital

The Party promises promotions and bonuses in exchange for the hospital staff's devotion to the gross abuse of Falun Gong practitioners who persist in their beliefs. During the process, the Party has turned hospitals into slaughterhouses where Falun Gong practitioners are systematically killed, step-by-step, unbeknownst to the outside world.

The Qingyang District People's Hospital in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province is directly affiliated with Chengdu Detention Center and receives orders from the Chengdu City 610 Office. Falun Gong practitioners there undergo brutal force-feeding and are injected with poisonous drugs. As of now, ten Falun Gong practitioners are known to have been killed at this hospital, including Zhao Zhongling, Deng Jianping, Chen Guijun, Duan Shiqiong, Huang Lisha, Hu Hongyue and Shen Lizhi.

Photos of those who were tortured and killed at Qingyang District People's Hospital:

Deng Jianping

Chen Guijun

Duan Shiqiong

Hu Hongyue

Falun Gong practitioners are detained in a heavily guarded zone located in the left wing on the fourth floor. Fully armed military police work in three shifts. Each shift has three officers standing outside the entrance, around the clock, to make sure that no one escapes the wards without permission. To cover up their crimes, the hospital fabricates names, ages and medical records for the practitioners. The bodies of practitioners who are killed are transported to a morgue at the No. 2 Railroad Bureau Central Hospital in Chengdu City and are subsequently cremated at the designated Wenjiang Funeral Home, without any records of the deceased being kept.

One practitioner in her sixties who narrowly escaped death recounted the horrors she witnessed at this hospital:

"Huang Lisha, a woman in her thirties from Emei, Sichuan Province was transferred there from a detention center because she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and refused to renounce her belief. Her bed was next to mine. She was given an unknown drug, non-stop, via an IV infusion until she vomited and defecated blood. The day after I was taken to the hospital I heard her screaming in pain all night long. She passed away on the morning of October 17, 2002. Her body was removed for cremation minutes after her passing."

Huang Lisha before the persecution. Falun Gong practice cured a terminal illness that was tormenting her. She also developed a rosy complexion and was often mistaken for a teenager.

"Two more practitioners, Hu Hongyue and Zhang Yalin were brought in on the sixth day of my stay there, which was October 21, 2002. They had been on a hunger strike for more than 30 days. Each day the police verbally abused them with terrible insults as well as beating and kicking them. They kept the two practitioners shackled in bed. They had no choice but to relieve themselves in bed and sleep in their own excrement. In November 2002, the doctors started injecting them with nerve-damaging drugs, which caused delirium and memory loss. Hu Hongyue struggled for her life through an entire night on November 11, 2002, and died the following morning. Zhang Yalin suffered a mental collapse and was also incontinent. I witnessed the hospital personnel destroy two people within one month!"

It was heard in early May 2007 that Zhao Zhongling, a worker from the Jinjiang Motor Factory in Chengdu City, was killed at the hospital. Zhao Zhongling was kind and well-liked. She had been illegally detained five times for persisting in her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Officials from the Jinniu District Procuratorate in Chengdu City repeatedly called Zhao Zhongling on March 22, 2007, and urged her to come to their office. She went there and never returned. Several days later her elderly parents, nearly hysterical from worry, finally learned that their daughter had been sent to the Pi County Detention Center where she held a hunger strike. The persecutors transferred her to the Qingyang Hospital where she was given drugs that made her lose her speech. She died early in the morning on May 5, 2007.

The officials refused to let her family see her body. Her mother angrily asked, "You charged her with 'disrupting social order.' What exactly did she do? Which law did she violate?" The officials yelled, "We can arrest a Falun Gong practitioner whenever we want!"

Several other practitioners are currently held at the hospital including Huang Min, the former deputy head of the Chengdu City Township Enterprise Bureau, who has been on hunger strike for 80 days. Another practitioner who refused to give his name to the police is now near death.

Harbin City Police Hospital

The Harbin City Police Hospital has a secret building in the back where Falun Gong practitioners are brutally murdered. Practitioner Zhang Zhong from Daqing City was killed there in October 2006, as was another practitioner from the countryside.

After entering through the front entrance, the second door from the left leads directly to the secret backyard where a four-story building stands. All of the windows are completely covered with white shades. The building is surrounded by a three-meter tall (9.8 ft.) metal fence. Two brawny men guard the front office. After Zhang Zhong's death, this building was named Hospital for Sick Inmates, but there is no sign.

Secret backyard building at the Harbin City Police Hospital

Mr. Zhang Zhong worked at the Lahua Factory in Daqing. Falun Gong practice transformed Zhang Zhong into a very considerate person. However, he was ruthlessly persecuted for persisting in his belief and for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. After Falun Gong practitioners in Changchun broadcast truth clarification videos in 2002, Zhang Zhong was sentenced to 12 years in prison and held at the Daqing Prison. He suffered from torture-induced multiple organ failure and fell into a coma, and his blood pressure dropped to 40 mmHg (systolic). He was very emaciated. The authorities finally approved his release on medical parole when he was hovering at death's door.

Mr. Zhang Zhong before the persecution

Mr. Zhang Zhong, emaciated and in a critical condition as a result of persecution (picture taken in July 2004)

While at home, Zhang Zhong listened to Master Li Hongzhi's lectures with the help of fellow practitioners. He started doing the exercises when he was able to move. Miraculously, he recovered within a month and subsequently left town to avoid the police.

He was arrested again in August 2006 while meeting with friends at the Honglang Garden in Harbin City. The persecutors took him to the Nangang Police Department Detention Center where he was savagely tortured. Two weeks later he was taken to the Harbin City Police Hospital to be further persecuted. After one month his friend(s) visited the hospital but were prohibited from seeing him. Official Xin, who received his friends, said that Mr. Zhang was examined at the hospital and no illness was found. On October 16, 2006 the hospital suddenly announced Zhang Zhong's death, but refused to let his family and friends view his body.

Recent Incidents of Killing with Unknown Drugs

Many recent incidents of Falun Gong practitioners' deaths from persecution reveal that widespread forced drug intake still exists in prisons, labor camps, brainwashing classes, mental hospitals, police hospitals and even civil hospitals. After the Party fails to "reform" Falun Gong practitioners, the officials insidiously destroy their nerves and physically annihilate them. Such Communist-sanctioned horror is taking place throughout China on a daily basis.

Mr. Zhao Wenpeng, in his forties, worked at the Guiyang Telecommunication Equipment Factory in Guizhou City. He explained to people how he benefited from Falun Gong practice and exposed the brutal facts of the persecution in August 2006. He was arrested at home and taken to the Yunyan Detention Center in Guiyang City where he was savagely tortured. He experienced whole body edema. The flesh on his left leg ulcerated into a large hole that constantly seeped pus and fluid. He was transferred to the Guiyang Police Hospital for "treatment" consisting of injections, pills and IV infusions. His condition deteriorated drastically as a result of the drug combinations, and he lost the feeling in his limbs and became incontinent. He died at the Guiyang Police Hospital on March 7, 2007.

Mr. Zhou Zuofu, 57, worked at the Ruichang City Linen Factory in Jiangxi Province. Agents from the Ruichang City 610 Office and the police had arrested and sent him to brainwashing classes and labor camp(s) eight times. His weight dropped from 65 kg. (143 lbs.) to 40 kg. (88 lbs.) as a result of torture. Authorities at the Majialong Labor Camp subjected him to various types of torture, but they could not bend his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. They eventually mixed drugs into his food that led to a mental collapse. He passed away on March 6, 2007.

Ms. Xu Hongmei and Ms. Xu Zili from Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province were arrested on January 13, 2007. Participating in the arrest were officers from the Qingyun Street Police Station. The police coerced the two women into betraying other practitioners. After five days of around-the-clock torture, both practitioners developed organ failure. They vomited blood and went into convulsions. They were carried into a ward at the Department of Internal Medicine at the No. 2 Hospital on February 17, 2007 while wearing shackles. Their families could not afford the 20,000-yuan "release fee" the 610 Office agents demanded. The officials vowed they would not let the practitioners go, even if they died. On February 27, 2007, each practitioner was given an injection of albumin (blood plasma). Afterwards their eyes became blank and they lost consciousness. They passed away several hours later, in terrible agony. Xu Hongmei was 37 years old, and Shen Zili was 49 years old.

Ms. Xu Hongmei

Ms. Shen Zili

Mr. Chang Yongfu lived in Mulan County, Heilongjiang Province. He was arrested at his home on July 26, 2004 for posting truth clarification materials. The persecutors took him to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, where the guards and inmates savagely beat him. Labor camp authorities and 610 Office agents secretly took him to the Puning Mental Hospital in Harbin City. Two years later the hospital officials told his sister to take him home. That was in October 2006. His face was deformed and his body was swollen. He could not sleep due to pain and suffered a nervous breakdown. During the moments when he regained mental clarity he told his family that he had been injected with unknown drugs at the hospital. His condition worsened, and he gradually lost sight in both eyes. In the meantime, his nose swelled grossly out of proportion and bled nonstop. Early in the morning on January 18, 2007, 44-year-old Chang Yongfu stopped breathing. He was bleeding from his eyes and ears, and dried blood filled his nose and mouth at the time of death.

Mr. Chang Yongfu at the time of death

Mr. Shi Baoqi, 40 years old, and lived in Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province. He was arrested in November 2006 and taken to the Taiyuan City Detention Center where he was cruelly tortured. He was transferred to the No. 109 Police Hospital on December 5, 2006. The doctor gave him drugs via an IV infusion. He then sweat profusely and died suddenly after he was taken back to his room. The police offered his family 50,000 yuan in exchange for silence. His family refused the offer.

Many Falun Gong practitioners had been killed at the No. 109 Police Hospital prior to the murder of Shi Baoqi.

Mr. Shi Baoqi

Ms. Bo Shufen, 59 years old, lived in Fuxin County, Liaoning Province. She suffered from liver cirrhosis that resulted in whole body edema (swelling) before she practiced Falun Gong. After she began the practice however, all of her illnesses disappeared. She was able to do housework and work in the field. Her family was extremely grateful to Dafa for saving her. After the Party started persecuting Falun Gong, she appealed for justice for Falun Gong with her firsthand experience and was sent to the Fuqin Detention Center. She was forced to sit on a wood board. She also was subjected at different times to solitary confinement, the tiger bench and being handcuffed behind her back. She was later transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp where she was frequently shocked with electric batons and tortured with a method called the big hang-up. (1) After one year she was injected with nerve-damaging drugs, which caused a mental collapse. She passed away on November 15, 2006.


Nearly 1,000 similar reports have been published on the Minghui/Clearwisdom website. Numerous Falun Gong practitioners have suffered mental collapses and disabilities, and were even killed by the Party's orders to inject them with toxic drugs. According to joint investigations by the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (WOIPFG) and China Mental Health Watch (CMHW), psychiatric abuse of Falun Gong practitioners is commonplace in 23 provinces, cities and autonomous regions. Most mental hospitals and psychiatry departments were coerced into participating in the persecution by being ordered to ignore medical ethics. Most doctors told investigators that they clearly knew Falun Gong practitioners were good and healthy people, yet they went against their own conscience and administered large doses of extremely toxic drugs, "because it was a political assignment, and they would be fired if they did not follow orders." During the systematic persecution, arranged and implemented from the top down, countless people's minds were poisoned by lies and forced into complicity. These people are also victims of the persecution.

Strangleholds and Slamming the Victim's Head Against a Hard Object--Vicious Scheme at Labor Camps

Officials at some labor camps order inmates to tighten a rope around the practitioner's neck and then whack their head against a hard object to cause an intra-cranial hemorrhage, while avoiding leaving external signs of injury. One might think this method is only seen in movies and novels, but it is actually being used on Falun Gong practitioners who refuse to renounce their belief at the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp.

How much unspeakable crime does the luxurious outside appearance at the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp conceal?

The guards ordered inmates to tighten a rope around Zhang Lianying's neck and punch her head when she has nearly suffocated, all in an attempt to make her give up Falun Gong, although Falun Gong had given her a new life. They tightened the rope further while whacking her head until Zhang Lianying suffered a widespread intra-cranial hemorrhage and fell into a coma. She was taken to the Renhe Hospital in Daxing District of Beijing for emergency treatment and was in critical condition for more than ten days. This was the ninth time the guards at this labor camp had subjected her to this torture. Twice before she was nearly suffocated and beaten until she became incontinent.

Forty-six year-old Ms. Zhang Lianying was a division head and a registered accountant at the China Everbright Group in Beijing. She never asked for a single day of sick leave after she started practicing Falun Gong, a sharp contrast to her former self, afflicted with numerous illnesses. She worked hard and never took bribes. She voluntarily gave to a colleague a new, 120 square-meter [1,291 sq. ft] apartment the company had assigned to her. Her family stayed at their old 40 square-meter [430 sq. ft] apartment. One colleague said, "I wish all officials would practice Falun Dafa." She was arrested seven times within the past eight years. She and her family endured brutal persecution simply because of her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Ms. Zhang Lianying before the persecution

Ms. Zhang Lianying and her daughter

Ms. Zhang Lianying after surgery at the Renhe Hospital in Beijing

Ms. Zhang was arrested again at her home on June 14, 2005, while taking care of her infant daughter who was still nursing. She was sentenced to two-and-a-half years of forced labor. During ten months of detention at the Beijing Forced Labor Re-education Dispatch Division, guard Zhang Dongmei ordered eight inmates to whip her with flyswatters for more than ten hours a day. She was not allowed to wash herself or use the restroom. She had to relieve herself in her clothing, even during menstruation. She was deprived of sleep for extended periods of time, and she was hung up with her feet barely touching the ground. She was also tied to a wooden bench, with her torso twisted in a painful position. She was beaten all day long until her body was covered with wounds, she bled from her eyes, she lost her hearing, and she was near a mental collapse. She could barely move. The abuse again escalated after she was transferred to the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp. She was locked in a two-square-meter (22 sq. ft.) solitary confinement room at the Group Drill Division where she ate, slept and relieved herself all in this tiny place.

Zhang Lianying's husband, Falun Gong practitioner Niu Jinping, overcame extreme difficulties and met with Mr. Edward McMillan-Scott, vice-president of the European Parliament, on May 21, 2006, to expose the Party's persecution of Falun Gong and especially the harvesting of living Falun Gong practitioners' organs. Despite intense focus from the international community, a division head at the labor camp ordered inmates to strangle Zhang Lianying and strike her head. Ms. Zhang Lianying was on a hunger strike at the time.

After the camp authorities' violent treatment of Zhang Lianying was exposed, the officials tried to cut off her connection with the outside world and secretly transported her to the Tiantanghe Hospital affiliated with the labor camp while she was still in a critical condition.


Falun Gong practitioners came to great insights as to the true meaning of life through cultivating Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in their hearts. They experienced physical and spiritual improvement. They and their families all benefited from Dafa more than words can describe. The wicked Party carried out an inhuman persecution of these innocent, kind people that has lasted eight years.

Why is it that Falun Gong practitioners persevere in the face of terror, danger and tribulations? Why do they clarify the truth and oppose the persecution against all odds?

People who have learned the facts say that Falun Gong practitioners are validating and safeguarding Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance with their lives, and they are dispelling the Party's poisonous lies and awakening their conscience, so every precious person can have the opportunity to see the Party's evil nature, sever any contact with the Party and choose a bright future for themselves. Commentators have pointed out that Falun Gong practitioners' exposing this persecution is resisting the Party's contamination and destruction of humanity. The Falun Gong practitioners' endurance and sacrifice has successfully prevented justice from collapsing during the most wicked persecution in history. Their acts of compassion point out and direct people's attention to reflect on the Party's corruption and vicious nature. In a society where moral corruption is common, the practitioners' feats illuminate the magnificence and preciousness of their belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, and they are bringing great hope to mankind.


(1) Big hang up - There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames; (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in opposite directions.