(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Ou Xueyuan, approximately 60 years of age, was a resident in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. He was illegally arrested twice and sent to a labor camp, for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. He was inhumanely tortured in the notorious Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. Long term persecution severely damaged his health and spirit. When he came out of the labor camp the second time at the end of 2005, he was in extremely poor physical condition. He died in pain in October 2006.

Mr. Ou Xueyuan

Mr. Ou Xueyuan was an employee at Harbin City No. 2 Chemical Factory. In November 2000, he went to Beijing to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. As a result he was detained in Changlinzi Labor Camp for one year. He was tortured with his handscuffed behind his back to an iron bed for days, while he had to stand straight during that period of ​time with no sleep or movement allowed. When he was released his body was covered with scabies, pus and blood.

In March 2003, Mr. Ou was again illegally sent to the labor camp. During the total of nearly 4 years of brutal persecution in Changlinzi Labor Camp, he was steadfast in cultivation and never gave in. Zhao Shuang and other camp guards often shocked him with electric batons, beat him, and restrained him on iron chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. In addition, he was forced to do slave labor overtime with an excessive work load.

In the Fifth Division of Changlinzi Labor Camp, Mr. Ou suffered more severe persecution. In order to force him to renounce Falun Gong and to stop his appeals against the persecution, Zhao Shuang, the then Division Head, often tortured him--slapping him in the face, punching and kicking him, shocking him with electric batons, etc.

On the day Mr. Ou was to be released, Zhao Shuang wantonly vilified Mr. Ou and his family. He said the spot in the cell was still reserved for Mr. Ou's next arrest. Since the police stations at Mr. Ou's residence and at his registered home address shuffled back and forth and both wanted the other party to take back Mr. Ou, the labor camp used this as an excuse to keep Mr. Ou's past his release date. During that time Zhao Shuang unceasingly swore at Mr. Ou and forced him to do slave labor.

When Mr. Ou was finally released, his body was covered with wounds and he was extremely weak. The torture had severely damaged his internal organs. He died on October 17, 2006.

May 30, 2007