(Clearwisdom.net) Liu Peizhu is chief of the Jilin City Police Department, the director general of the Prison Administration Bureau, and the Jilin City deputy mayor.

Since July 20, 1999, when the Jiang regime started the ruthless persecution of Falun Gong, more than 80 practitioners in the Jilin area have died as a result of the persecution. Several thousand practitioners were "illegally sentenced," sent to forced labor camps, detained, or had their homes searched. Many practitioners suffered from different tortures while in detention. Countless families were broken up. All these tragedies were caused and instigated by the Jilin 610 Office, the Jilin National Security Office, and local police stations. Liu Peizhu, in his capacity as head of the above mentioned public offices, is responsible for this persecution of kind and innocent cultivators. He must bear the blame for the savage persecution of Falun Gong in Jilin City and in the whole Jilin area.

For the past couple of years, with Liu Peizhu being the "backstage plotter," many practitioners have been arrested. Some have been cruelly tortured to extort confessions or tortured to the point of disability or death. Here are some examples.

1. Mr. Wang Jianguo Died as a Result of Ruthless Torture in Jilin City Detention Center. The Person Responsible, Cong Maohua, Is Still At Large

Officials from the Nanjing Police Station in the Chuanying District arrested practitioner Wang Jianguo and his wife, Zhao Quimei, on March 2, 2006. Tan Xinqiang was the head perpetrator in the arrest. They tried to extort a confession from Mr. Wang by torturing him, causing severe injuries to his face and arms. While he was held in the Jilin City Detention Center, the guards tortured him ruthlessly and force-fed him, causing severe physical damage. Mr. Wang died a month later, on April 10, 2006. He was only 30 years old. The detention center did not notify his family.

It's been one year since Wang Jianguo died as a result of persecution. His wife, Zhao Qiumei, is still being held in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp and doesn't know her husband has died. The officer who killed Mr. Wang, deputy chief Cong Maohua, is still at large.

2. Ms. Yang Lijuan Was Brutally Tortured by Officer Di Shigang from the National Security Division

On August 24, 2005, National Security Division police officer Di Shigang, together with other officers, illegally arrested Ms. Yang Lijuan for practicing Falun Gong. They detained her in a two-story building of the Third Criminal Police Division near Guoyao in Jilin City. They interrogated Ms. Yang in a dark room on the second floor, using various torture methods, including hanging her by her handcuffed wrists, force-feeding her mustard water for more than five hours, tying her to a metal chair, handcuffing her behind her back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand below, slapping her face, pulling her hair, shocking her with electric batons, and placing sticks across her ankles and stepping on them. She immediately lost consciousness from the beating. Despite the torture, Ms. Yang never gave up her belief in Dafa.

Officer Di Shigang from the National Security Division pulled up his uniform, pointed to his name tag and shouted at Ms. Yang's 81-year-old mother, "You remember my name! I'm Di Shigang. I am the one who arrested her!"

3. Mr. Liu Hongwei Was Arrested Again and Barbarically Tortured

Dafa practitioner Liu Hongwei used to have a happy family life with his wife, Yu Lixin, and lovely daughter, Xinzhu. This family has suffered since the beginning of the persecution of Falun Gong. Those in charge at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province murdered his wife, Yu Lixin, on May 13, 2002. Their daughter was only eight years old that year. Mr. Liu Hongwei was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was sent to Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin City and also to Tonghua Forced Labor Camp and Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. While Mr. Liu was in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, guard Li Jun tortured him with various methods, including electric baton shocks inside the rectum, merciless beatings with the handle of a pickaxe, other physical abuse, and mental torment. Police officers from the 610 Office in Jilin City and agents from the National Security Team arrested Mr. Liu on September 16, 2003. He was tortured to within inches of his life and was sent to Jilin Hospital. Mr. Liu had to stay away from his own home following his successful escape from the hospital.

Officers from Jilin National Security again arrested Mr. Liu on October 24, 2006. He was later sent to the Jilin Detention Center, where officials interrogated him frequently. They tortured him to extort evidence and they also fabricated information to slander him. Mr. Liu can barely walk and has a severely injured back. He was subjected to an illegal trial. During his last court appearance he was brought in in a wheelchair.

4. Nineteen Practitioners Arrested, Many Tortured to Extort Confessions

Between February and March 2007, agents at the Jilin 610 Office and those from the National Security Bureau arrested 19 practitioners. Du Xingze and Di Shigang extorted confessions from most of them by using torture. Practitioner Ms. Zhao Yingjie was force-fed five bottles of mustard oil, which severely injured her face and mouth. A most shameful torture was poking practitioner Ms. Zhao's genital area with a clothes hanger. Practitioner Wang Liqiu was force-fed eight bottles of mustard oil and was abused so severely as to cause a heart attack. Practitioner Liu Yu from Huadian City could no longer walk due to the abuse. Practitioners Mu Chunhong and Zhao Guoxing were likewise brutally tortured.

5. Mr. Shao Hui Was Tortured to Death; His Wife, Ms. Mu Ping, Was Arrested Again

Practitioner Mr. Shao Hui was a doctor working for the Hongshi Forestry Bureau in Huadian City, Jilin Province. He was sentenced to one year of forced labor in November 2000. He was tortured at Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin City and was transferred to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City. He escaped from the forced labor camp on March 31, 2002. The police searched for him everywhere. Officers from the Jilin Police Station caused his death during the night of August 21, 2002. He was only 31 years old and left behind a five-year-old son.

Mr. Shao Hui's wife, Mu Ping, was being persecuted in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. The labor camp didn't release her until she was within inches of losing her life. She has been weak ever since. Ms. Mu was arrested again on October 24, 2006. Participating in the arrest were police from the National Security Team at the Jilin City Police Department. The arrest happened when she went to pay her taxes at the Chaoyang District Tax Bureau in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Police later ransacked her home and confiscated her computer, cash, a bank deposit card crediting her with 70 thousand yuan, Dafa books, and truth-clarification CDs.

6. Mr. Wang Xiaodong Put on Trial Five Times by Huandian Court Agents in Jilin Province

On March 11, 2006, agent Yu Jinji from the National Protection Brigade in Huadian City arrested practitioner Mr. Wang Xiaodong. The policemen tortured him by force-feeding him petroleum and using a "brain shaking machine." Policemen Yu Jinji and Yang Baolin from the 610 Office forged evidence in an attempt to bring Mr. Wang to an illegal trial. The Huadian City Court dismissed the case four times due to insufficient evidence. On August 14, 2006, he was put on trial for the fifth time by Huandian Court agents in Jilin Province.