Ms. Wei Hua, 57, lives in Apartment 2, Building 45, No. 2 Culture Village, Xiejiawan, Chongqing. She retired after working at a grocery store in Xiejiawan. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and benefited greatly in both body and mind. After the persecution started in 1999, she persisted in cultivating Falun Gong and was sentenced to a forced labor camp for two years. Between 2001 and 2003 she was illegally detained and tortured at the Chongqing Women's Forced Labor Camp in Maojiashan. On October 18, 2005, Ms. Wei was healthy both in body and mind. Claiming that Ms. Wei was suffering from a "cultural mental disease," the Xiejiawan Street Resident's Committee Secretary Yu Fulin and Yang Zhixue from the brainwashing center forced her husband, Liao Linfu, to sign and agree to send her to a mental hospital. Those who played a role in this persecution were Yu Fulin, Director Yang, Director of a Residence Management Committee Du Chaojun, workers in Xiejiawan Grocery Store, and two health workers. When she was sent to Shipingqiao Branch--the former Mine Machine Factory Employee Hospital of the Jiulongpo District Mental Hospital--Yu Fulin told the doctor, "She is a Falun Gong practitioner and has been in forced labor camps for one and a half years."

Afterwards Liao Linfu went to see his wife many times and saw that she was very normal. He asked for her release many times, but his requests were denied. On November 22, Mr. Liao went to the hospital again and saw that she was healthy and in a normal state of mind. He then left and went back to work in his business.

Only three days later, on November 25, the hospital suddenly sent a "dying notice," urging her family to come and take her home. Wei Hua's fourth youngest sister went to the hospital during the night and saw a sad scene. Wei Hua was paralyzed and on the verge of death. She wasn't recognizable, couldn't speak, and was mentally traumatized. She was vomiting, and had diarrhea and a high fever. There was an oxygen tube in place and she was catheterized. The 120 ward of Chongqing Hospital would not accept her. They had to bring her home.

The following year, Wei Hua's family went to the organizations that were directly responsible for persecuting her, to appeal, including the Shipingqiao Branch of the Jiulongpo District Mental Hospital, the Xiejiawan Police Station, and the Xiejiawan Trade Company. But they all claimed that her condition was caused by her "disease" and denied it was due to any form of persecution. For example, when the doctors in the Shipingqiao Branch of the Jiulongpo District Mental Hospital sent her back to her family, she was paralyzed and could not speak, but on the following day, when her family went back to question them, the doctors denied that Ms. Wei had been paralyzed and unable to speak. When her family found the responsible person with the street residents' committee to discuss the fees they should pay to treat Ms. Wei, the person replied that they did not have any responsibility or obligation to pay and told them to go to Wei Hua's work unit. When her family went to her former work unit--the Xiejiawan Trade Company--they found it was already bankrupt. People in her work unit said they were bankrupt and did not have any money to pay for her care, and that Wei Hua's situation was caused by her own illness. Her family had to resort to legal means to hold people responsible. They went to the Jiulongpo District Court and the Procuratorate to explain the situation, but the two departments both said that the family did not have enough evidence and could not hold the relevant people responsible.

Not long ago, in Jialing Plant, Chongqing City, a healthy man was sent to a mental hospital on the strength of a story his wife made up and subjected to treatment to be "cured." After this event was exposed, citizens in Chongqing and those in the legal field denounced his wife severely and held her responsible. But when this kind of thing happens to Falun Dafa practitioners and causes serious results, no one is held responsible. They even claimed that Wei Hua was actually unwell. The persecution of Falun Gong is very severe.

Departments and individuals participating in the persecution of Wei Hua:

Street Residents' Committee in Xiejiawan, Jiulongpo District, Chongqing City:
Chief Zhu Ling: 86-23-68481691 (Office)
Secretary Yu (female): 86-23-68481686
Director of Residents' Management Committee in Xiejiawan, Jiulongpo District, Chongqing City, Du Chaojun: 86-23-68717189 (Office)
Person responsible in Nanshan Brainwashing Center in Nan'an District, Chongqing City: Yang Zhixue
Jiulongpo District General Mental Hospital in Chongqing: 86-23-65264425
Shipingqiao Branch of the Jiulongpo District Mental Hospital, the former Mine Machine Factory Employee Hospital
Chief Yang Changrong: 86-13098669021 (Cell), 86-23-68961034
Doctor Liu: 86-13098669021 (Cell), 86-23-68961034
Xiejiawan Police Department in Jiulongpo District, Chongqing
Head of police department Guo Xiaochun
Political head Wang Ke