Additional Persecution News from China – March 25, 2007 (31 Reports)
1. [Shandong Province] Additional Information on Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Li Gang's Arrest
Mr. Li Gang was taken into custody by Kuiwen Police Bureau of Weifang City on March 13. He is still being detained at Weifang Detention Center. His mother and wife have been going to the police asking for his release everyday. Police Ji Gang, Gu Zhiyong, and others boasted that the family needs to pay 10,000 “yuan” for bail, otherwise, Li will be sent to a forced labor camp for three years.
Gu Zhiyong: 86-13905366626
2. [Daqing, Helongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Yanqin and Family Being Persecuted
Ms. Liu Yanqin lives in the Xibin District, Daqing City. She was “illegally arrested” in April 2006. During her detention at Daqing Detention Center, she was subjected to inhumane tortures. After 22 days, she showed severe physical discomfort. After paying 15,000 yuan, she was released for medical treatment.
Around 7 p.m. on March 22, 2007, a female police officer from Tieren Police Sub-Bureau entered Ms. Liu's home asking for the local resident's name of the person in the photo. Later, a male police officer was called in. Without any recourse, Ms. Liu escaped out the window using a bedsheet. She cannot return home.
3. [Mudanjiang, Helongjiang Province] Prison Guards Violently Beat Practitioner Mr. Wang Mingzhu
Mr. Wang Mingzhu was arrested and is currently incarcerated in Mudanjiang Prison. Recently, he wrote words about Falun Dafa on his arms and the guards discovered it. They violently beat Mr. Wang and used electric batons to shock him for over an hour. As the result, Mr. Wang had bruises all over his body and his mouth bled. He is detained in Prison Area #8.
4. [Zhengzhou, Henan Province] Ms. Zhang Xiuhua Taken into Police Custody
Practitioner Ms. Zhang Xiuhua is from Zhengzhou City. She was arrested around March 19, 2007, while advising people to withdraw from the CCP. She is currently being detained at Guancheng District Detention Center.
5. [Zhuanghe City, Liaoning Province] Pracititioner Mr. Ren Yancheng Sent to Forced Labor Camp; Practitioner Song Pingyi Still Illegally Detained
6. [Yilong County, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Xiuzheng and Others Arrested
Ms. Zhang Xiuzheng was taken into police custody for distributing truth-clarfying materials while traveling in Guang'an. After having 10,000 yuan extorted for her, she was released. Two practitioners, Ms. Lin Shoujin and Ms. Xian Yuzheng, may have been sent to a forced labor camp because police found Dafa materials while searching their homes.
7. [Hengshui, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Guoen Taken into Police Custody
Mr. Wang Guoen is from Hengshui. He was reported to police when distributing truth-clarifying materials in the neighborhood of the Hengshui Police Bureau. Police searched his home and confiscated Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials. Mr. Wang is currently being detained at Hengshui Detention Center.
8. [Zhijiang City, Hubei Province] Pracititoner Ms. Wu Cuiqin Taken into Police Custody Around Noon on March 13
Zhijiang Police Hotline: 86-717-4212284
Yang Daohong, captain of State Security Unit, responsible for Ms. Wu's arrest: 86-13872661108
9. [Huangshi, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Xiaolian and Two Others Taken into Police Custody
Head of Huangshi “610 Office” Li Ming, with police from Xizhai District Police Department, arrested three Falun Dafa practitioners on March 21 and 22. They were Ms. Liu Xiaolian, Ms. Luo Wen, and Ms. Fei Jinfang. Ms. Liu was sent to Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center. The condition of the other two practitioners is currently unknown. Police also took away two computers, several thousands CDs, four machines, and other material from Ms. Luo Wen's home.
10. [Baoding, Hebei Province] Pracititoner Mr. Song Guibin Taken into Police Custody
Around 4 p.m. on March 21, 2007, Mr. Song was taken into police custody by police from Nanshi District Police Bureau while working in his own fabric station in a shopping center. He was sentenced to one and a half years in a labor camp at 6 p.m. the same evening.
11. [Leizhou City, Guangdong Province] Pracititoner Ms. Fu Fulin Taken into Police Custody Again
Around noon on March 6, 2007, Leizhou 610 Office personnel went to Ms. Fu's home and took her into custody. She is being detained at a brainwashing center in Chikan of Zhengjiang.
Ms. Fu has been illegally arrested on many occasions. She was sentenced to two years in Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.
12. [Liaoning Province] Pracititoner Ms. Zhao Hua on a Hunger Strike Over Sixty Days
Ms. Zhao Hua went on hunger strike in prison to protest the perseucction starting January 18, 2007. It has been over 60 days. She was transfered from No. 2 Prison Hospital to the Central Prison Hosptial on March 13. Her current condition is unknown.
13. [Harbin, Helongjiang Province] Mr. Wang Shuojun Taken into Police Custody
On the afternoon of March 23, a group of police officers went to the home of Harbin Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Shoujun. They took away Mr. Wang and confiscated his computer, printer and other materials.
14. [Tielin City, Jilin Province] Over Ten Pracititoners Taken into Police Custody
Between March 20 and 21, police from the Qinghe District Police Station arrested 11 practitioners. Four other practitioners were able to leave their homes and avoid arrest when they heard the news. The police illegally searched their homes afterwards.
15. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Pracititoner Mr. Wang Xin and Others Taken into Police Custody
On the evening of March 22, officer Zhao Zhi from the Erdao District lead a group of people to break into the homes of practitioners Mr. Du Xuege, Mr. Wang Xin, and Mr. Du Xiukun in Weixin Village, Yingjun Township, the Erdao District. They arrested Mr. Du's wife; Mr. Wang Xin; and his wife, Ms. Du Xiufeng.
16. [Xiajin County, Shaodong Province] Pracititoner Mr. Li Jiayao Taken into Police Custody
Around the middle of March, Mr. Li was reported to police and was taken to Xiajin County Police Department. Mr. Li is from the town of Anji, Xiajin County.
17. [Qingdao, Shandong Province] Pracititoners Taken into Police Custody
Since March 15, many practitioners have been arrested, beaten, and their homes ransacked and properties confiscated. They are Mr. Wang Kangning, 38 years old, from Tianjin Road; Ms. Wang Shulan, almost 60, from Yunnan Road; Ms. Wang Taojin, 40, from Jiaonan; Ms. Yu Minghui, 25, from Damaidao; Mr. Xu Zhifeng, 29, who is working for the accounting department of China Petroleum, Shandong Sales Division; Ms. Jiang, almost 60; and others.
18. [Liaoning Province] Yinkou Prison Persecutes Practitioners
Over a dozen practitioners were detained in Yinkou Prison as of March 2007. Among them, the longest sentence was 10 years. The guards in the No. 2 Bridge have been trying to force practitioners to “transform” by making them sit on a small stool for long periods of time. The stools are only two inches wide. Practitioners are forced to sit 24 hours a day. They are not allowed to sleep. The guards take turns watching them.
19. [Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province] Pracititoner Mr. Xi Zhaojun Had a Court Hearing
On March 22, Kangbao County Court of Zhangjiakou City had a hearing for Mr. Xi Zhaojun. Mr. Xi is still illegally detained at Kangbao Detention Center.
The court: 86-313--5518613
20. [Taiyuan, Shanxi Province] Pracititoner Mr. Li Wei Taken into Police Custody and His Whereabouts Are Unknown
21. [Linquan County, Anhui Province] Ms. Li Ronghua Being Persecuted
Ms. Li Ronghua is from Linquan County, Anhui Province. She is about 46 years old. In 2000, Ms. Li was persecuted by the local 610 Office. Her buttocks was beaten so badly they eventually began to fester. She was sent to Hefei Women's Prison. She is still in prison to this day.
22. [Hefei, Anhui Province] Pracititoner Ms. Yuan Jiaqing Taken into Police Custody
In the afternoon of March 13, 2007, Ms. Yuan was arrested while clarifying the truth in the Caochong District of Dongmen, Hefei City. She has not returned home.
23. [Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province] Pracititoner Mr. Yin Jianglin Taken into Police Custody
On March 24 at noon, Mr. Yin was arrested and his home was searched. Mr. Yin is from the Yuhang District of Hangzhou City.
Mr. Yin was the director at Yuhang Police Sub-Bureau. He was sentenced to two years in prison for practicing Falun Gong but served his sentence outside prison.
24. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Pracititoner Ms. Tian Xi'er Taken into Police Custody
On March 19, Ms. Tian was arrested on her way home. Her whereabouts are unknown. Ms. Tian is from Shuiguohu, Wuhan City.
25. [Jingmen, Hubei Province] Pracititoner Ms. Li Baiping Taken into Police Custody in March 2007
26. [Chibi City, Hubei Province] Mr. Shi Kai Taken into Police Custody While Clarifying the Truth in Guangzhou
Mr. Shi Kai, 32 years old, is from Chibi City. On December 19, 2006, he was arrested in Guangzhou for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. On December 31, Chibi Police Bureau brought him back to Chibi. He was detained at Chibi Detention Center and sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. On March 30, 2007, he was sent to Shayang Forced Labor Camp.
27. [Shengzhou City, Guangdong Province] Pracititoner Ms. Liu Yanli's Home Illegally Searched and Ransacked by the 610 Office
On the afternoon of March 20, Ms. Liu was taken into police custody and her home searched. Around 4 p.m. the next day, the CCP secretary of Beijinming Village, Liu Tongyi, led about five officers to break into her home again. They took away two sets of satelliate receivers, computers, and printers, etc. That evening, Ms. Liu and Ms. Song Chunhong were able to escape with righteous thoughts. They cannot return home right now.
28. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Pracititoner Ms. Miao Heping and Ms. Qi Cuiping Detained
Ms. Miao Heping is from the Xinzhou District, Wuhan City. She was arrested on June 2, 2005, by the local 610 Office and State Security Unit of the police department. She was detained and perseucted at Xinzhou Detention Center for eight months. Later, she was sentenced to four years in a forced labor camp. She is detained at Shayang Prison in the No. 4 Prison District.
Ms. Qi Cuiping is from Danshuichi of Wuhan City. She is being forced to take unknown drugs at Wuhan Women's Prison. Ms. Qi's husband has been sentenced to three years of forced labor camp and is still in prison. Their daughter, who is not a practitioner, was also arrested and her whereabouts are unknown.
29. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Chen Ruming Taken into Police Custody
Ms. Chen Ruming lives at No. 43, Section 2, Erhuan Road. On the evening of March 7, her home was illegally searched. Around 9 a.m. on the morning of March 10, she was arrested.
30. [Anlu, Hubei Province] Pracititoners Mr. Li Hong and Mr. Huang Xuejun Taken into Police Custody
In March, Mr. Li Hong was arrested at work. His wife blamed his arrest on another practitioner, Mr. Huang Xuejun. She reported Mr. Huang to the police. As a result, Mr. Huang was arrested on his way to work on the morning of March 22. Mr. Huang is protesting his arrest.
31. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Police Illegally Searched Ms. Tian Zezheng's Home
Around 8 p.m. on March 20, police officer Huang Xiaoju from Shuangqiaolu Police Station and about seven other officers illegally searched the home of practitioner Ms. Tian Zezheng. They took a picture of the Falun Gong Teacher and Dafa books.