(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Bai Xiaojun, a professor at Northeast Normal University, began practicing Falun Dafa in 1993. In July 2000, he was illegally arrested and unlawfully sentenced to one year of forced labor because he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. He was transferred to a brainwashing center after he had served one and a half years--six months beyond his sentence--in the labor camp. In April 2002, Mr. Bai was again sentenced, this time to three years of forced labor due to his refusal to give up cultivation practice. He died in July 2003, at the age of 36, in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp.

We have reported on Mr. Bai's case previously, although details about his death were incomplete at the time because officials at Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp attempted a cover-up. In the meantime, more details have emerged and we recognize our responsibility to expose the crimes committed at the Chaoyanggou Camp and publish the truth about his death.

In June 2003, Mr. Bai's health was deteriorating due to the tortures he experienced at the labor camp. He became very weak and could no longer tolerate the solid foods like black buns and cabbage that were served in the camp. He requested soft foods, such as rice soup, but nobody paid attention to him. He became so weak that he could not walk to the dining area. During that time, there were only two guards on duty every day because of the SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) epidemic. The guards ordered two of the criminal inmates to force Mr. Bai to go to the dining area. After meals, they practically threw him onto his bed. Once, the guards slapped him because he couldn't swallow the solid food. He would have survived if they had given him more appropriate food.

On June 29, Mr. Bai's unit, the Fourth Unit, was disbanded and he was transferred to the First Unit. Two criminal inmates were assigned to watch him even though he was feeble from lack of nutrition. According to a person surnamed Yu, one of the camp monitors, Bai Xiaoju was found dead at 3:00 p.m. on July 5. To evade responsibility, the camp sent his body to a police hospital, where the time of death was declared to be the morning of the next day. They also claimed that they had spent over 5,000 yuan in medical expenses on him, which is a complete lie.

Chaoyangguo Forced Labor Camp cannot avoid responsibility for the crime they committed in murdering a college professor who was imprisoned in their facility.