(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wang Yanxiu from Zhangjia Village, Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province, went to Beijing to clarify the truth four times, for which she was illegally detained twice in the Kuiwen District Detention Center, was sentenced to forced labor for three years, and suffered many kinds of tortures such as electric baton shocks, being hung by handcuffs, and so on. She died on January 25, 2007.

Ms. Wang Yanxiu, 53, was a villager who started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After practicing, she benefited infinitely, as her sickly body was restored to good health. Her body and mind changed beyond recognition. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Wang Yanxiu went to Beijing to explain the truth four times.

One time Ms. Wang Yanxiu went to Beijing to appeal and was intercepted halfway by the CCP authorities. She was sent to the Liyuan Neighborhood Administration of the Kuiwen District for "detention," but because Ms. Wang did not give up the belief in "Zhen-Shan-Ren," she was tied to a tree, beaten, and kicked by Wang Zhiyou (male) and others. Her face became swollen from the beatings. The wind is chilling to the bone in wintertime, but they forced Ms. Wang to sit on the cement ground that had been covered with water. On one occasion Ms. Wang fainted from the beatings. The officials feared being held responsible and took Ms. Wang to the hospital. When they learned that she was not dead, they shouted abuses claiming she was faking her death.

Another time Ms. Wang Yanxiu walked to Beijing to appeal and was intercepted halfway by the Party Secretary of her village, Zhang Jusheng (male), together with police from the Liyuan local police station. They did not immediately bring Ms. Wang back but rather handcuffed her and then toured Beijing, taking her with them. In the end, the CCP officials charged all their expenses against Ms. Wang Yanxiu's account. The fine receipt was labeled: "Old debt owed in past years, total 5000 yuan."

When Ms. Wang Yanxiu was in the forced labor camp, she was forcibly "reformed" under the CCP's severe high pressure. After she went home, her husband and son were extremely afraid of the CCP persecution and feared that she would be arrested once more by the CCP authorities. They vigorously opposed her contact with the outside world and other Falun Gong practitioners and controlled her personal freedom. They locked her up at home every day—except for going to work and doing necessary housework—for three years. Ms. Wang Yanxiu's health condition became worse and worse and she died on January 25, 2007.