(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Xiang Yong, around 30 years old, was an employee of the Xiangtan City Coal Machinery Factory in Hunan Province. He and his mother started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. At that time his life was idle and aimless, but after practicing, he became a new person--a wonderful young man, recognized as such by society.

In January 2000, Mr. Xiang went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa practitioners. The police illegally arrested him and handed him over to the Xiangtan City Liaison Office in Beijing. He was beaten and handcuffed by the police officers from Xiangtan City. The local police transferred him to his employer, Xiangtan City Coal Machinery Factory. The security office at the factory delivered him to a detention center, and he was imprisoned for forty days. He was detained for another 10 days after he practiced the Falun Dafa exercises.

In June 2006, Mr. Xiang again went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong practitioners. He was arrested in Tiananmen Square and was beaten by the police. He was then delivered to the detention center by the factory security office. After ten days of detention, Mr. Xiang was dismissed by the factory and sentenced to two years of forced labor. He was imprisoned at the Moshipu Forced Labor Camp in Xinkaipu Industrial Zone, Tianxin District, Changsha City, Hunan Province.

After his release, Mr. Xiang Yong continued "clarifying the facts" of Falun Dafa to the public. He was arrested while distributing Falun Dafa flyers and was sentenced to two years of forced labor for the second time. During his detention Mr. Xiang was mentally and physically abused, and subsequently developed tuberculosis and other ailments.

After he was released, Mr. Xiang lived on his low income of 160 yuan per month. That amount did not cover daily living expenses. He applied for community help repeatedly, but received nothing. He continued to become thinner and thinner, until he looked like a skeleton. He died on October 25, 2007.

Ms. Wang Xiuyun, 68, a retiree from the Qingdao City Sixth Rubber Factory, lived in Nanzhuang, Li Village, Licang District, Qingdao City, Shandong Province. She began the practice of Falun Dafa in 1996. Ms. Wang cultivated her xinxing following the principles of Falun Dafa, and worked to clarify the truth about the persecution. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Wang continued speaking out about her beliefs. During the winter she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa practitioners. She was arrested and taken back to the local prison by the police. After she was released, the local police harassed her and ransacked her home on several different occasions. After those incidents, she moved to Fo'eryacun, Li Village.

Around 2001, staff members of the Fo'eryacun Committee led the police to arrest Ms. Wang while she and two other senior practitioners were studying the Fa at home. She was taken to the Mingxia Road Brainwashing Camp in Qingdao City, Shandong Province. Ms. Wang persevered in her beliefs. During her internment she developed symptoms of illness. After she was released, she was subjected to constant harassment by local police officers. She was mentally and physically abused, and as a result, Ms. Wang died in 2003.