(Clearwisdom.net) After an investigation was conducted, inaccuracies were found in the previously published article detailing the deaths of Mr. Meng Jixiang and his son-in-law. It was reported that Mr. Meng Jixiang, 56, was a Tianjin City Communist Party standing committee member as well as the principal of the Tianjin City Communist Party School. Meng Jixiang was secretly arrested in early 2002 and sent to the Qingbowa Forced Labor Camp. His daughter and son-in-law, both graduate students at Tianjin University, went to the Tianjin City Communist Party Administrative Office requesting information about Mr. Meng. His son-in-law was arrested on the spot and sent to the Banqiao Forced Labor Camp. There, he was brutally beaten by criminal inmates under orders from the camp guards. He died from a broken skull caused by strikes with a wooden baton. Meng Jixiang passed away three days later. Flyers that were distributed locally regarding Mr. Meng's death contained these inaccurate items. Below is a summary of Mr. Meng's experiences that will clarify the facts.

Mr. Meng Jixiang was actually the director of the Administration Division of Tianjin City Communist Party School. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Meng continued practicing Falun Gong and was arrested twice for his beliefs. After his first arrest he was detained for one month during the winter of 2000. The second arrest took place in spring 2001. He was arrested at the school and detained at the local detention center. Later, he was transferred to Qingbowa Forced Labor Camp and then to Shuangkou Forced Labor Camp. He resisted the "transformation" process and refused to give up practicing Falun Gong. He was transferred back to Qingbowa Forced Labor Camp in November 2001. There, he was isolated, deprived of sleep for long periods of time, cursed at and beaten by the camp guards. He remained steadfast and went on a hunger strike in the spring of 2003. He received brutal force-feedings and subjected to mental torment. He became extremely weak and his health deteriorated until he resembled a bunch of bones wrapped in skin. The family was not allowed to visit during this time, as the authorities were trying conceal Mr. Meng's condition. Only when Meng Jixiang was tortured to the verge of death did the authorities release him on September 22, 2003. His family realized he could not move at all and they sent him to the hospital immediately. However, it was too late for any medical treatment to save him. Mr. Meng passed away on September 25, 2003, without justice being served.

Mr. Meng's son-in-law was sentenced to forced labor for practicing Falun Gong. He was released and is back home.

Practitioners are requested to remove previously published articles about Meng Jixiang from websites and destroy any paper copies. This is to prevent those with mal-intent from taking advantage of inconsistencies to discredit Falun Gong websites, causing unnecessary losses.

September 28, 2007