(Clearwisdom.net) In the book Recalling Master's Grace, many fellow practitioners mention that they have experienced Master's boundless mercy. I have also experienced Master's mercy in validating the Fa. The following is an incident I experienced.

On July 23, 1999 I was illegally arrested and detained. They released me just three days before the Chinese Lunar New Year. I was held in a solitary confinement cell during detention. So I took advantage of this opportunity to study the Fa and do the exercises. I became more familiar with the content of the book Zhuan Falun, and was able to memorize some of the lectures. I made up my mind that after my release I would go to the city authorities, to the provincial level and to the central authorities to explain the facts of the persecution.

After the 2000 New Year's Day, I began to appeal for Falun Gong level by level. I went to each department at the city level to clarify the facts. Following that I went to the Provincial United Front Work Department and the Provincial Political & Law Committee. Once I was back, the provincial authorities phoned the local authorities to deal with me. They had already designated some persons to monitor me in the reception room. One morning I asked my spouse to go to the market with me to buy vegetables. On the way to the market I got on a bus to go to the provincial capital, and then I succeeded in reaching Beijing by train. However, I was arrested the next day.

I had copies of the books Zhuan Falun and Essentials for Further Advancement in my handbag, as well as a small recorder and the exercise tape. The policemen wanted to take my belongings away. I held them in my hands and shouted, "You must not take away these books." They gave up their attempt. One hour later they took me to the local liaison office in Beijing where the policemen also intended to take my books away, but in vain. They handcuffed my left hand onto a metal pipe. I held Zhuan Falun with my right hand and read. I read Zhuan Falun from beginning to end that night.

After daybreak, Dongguan Police Station officers and those from the Security Section in my workplace arrived in Beijing and took me to the local detention center. While there I was held in a solitary confinement cell again. At the time, the inmates were all out of their cells for taking a break and stretching themselves. They surrounded me and asked me which high-ranking official I was and why I had the privilege to stay alone. Actually, I was surprised by this arrangement as well. This way, I was able to study the Fa and do the exercises freely.

The day of my release I sat in the yard and recited quietly, "Master, I must not let your mercy down and will cultivate Dafa steadfastly." After a while a motorcycle arrived. When the driver saw me standing alone, he asked me if there were some other persons to be released. I replied that I was the last one. After asking me my address, he let me get on the motorcycle and took me to the dormitory where I lived, and then left. To this day I still do not know who he was.

My experiences made me understand that as long as our thoughts and actions conform to Dafa, Master will protect us.