(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Zhang Shengrong from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, has been persecuted by the local Communist Party members since July 20, 1999, for her belief in Falun Dafa. The following is a record of what she has endured over the last eight years.

From 1999 to 2001, Illegal Imprisonment on Several Occasions

Zhang Shengrong

Ms. Zhang Shengrong, in her 60s, is a retiree from the surveying and mapping team. She lives in Hong Yun Garden. On July 20, 1999, she went to the provincial party committee to validate Dafa and was forcibly taken by the police to Olympic Square.

On October 26, 1999, Ms. Zhang and several practitioners held a group Fa study at her home. The police illegally searched her house and took many Dafa books, lecture audiotapes, Teacher's photo, exercise tapes, and a tape player. Wuhou Public Security Sub-Bureau Assistant Chief Mr. Cao dragged Ms. Zhang from the table. Zhang Zhengcai, Wei Jiuli, Luo Yi, and Yin Zaihua from Jitou Township Police Station also participated in the raid. Practitioners Tao Yuan, Cao Suhua, Li Xiaoping, Huang, Zheng Youmei, Peng Liang, and Wang Fuying were all illegally taken to Jitou Township Police Station and detained for a day. On October 27, Zhang Shengrong was charged with "illegal assembly" by the Jitou Township Police and detained for 15 days. Tao Yuan, after being held at the police station for two days, was illegally detained for 15 more days. After their release on November 12, Zhang Zhengrong and Tao Yuan asked Jitou police station assistant chief Wang Zheng to return their Dafa books. He refused their request and asked them if they had more books at home. He told them that the tape player had been smashed, and their belongings had been sold or burned. Bureau chief Zeng Yongming was present at the time.

Earlier, Wang Zheng was in charge of the "detention class" illegally established by the Communist Party. The police officers from Jitou Township Police Station in Chengdu City thought that Liu Zhenhai, Tao Yuan, and Zhang Shengrong were going to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. Therefore, in December 1999, the police started taking the three practitioners to the "detention class." During police days off and public holidays, the three were transferred to Jiuru Village Detention Center in Chengdu and were taken back to the detention class after their detention was over. For six months, they were taken back and forth seven times and were not allowed to go home. Initially the detention class was at the police station. Later the police from Jitou Township Police Station sent the practitioners to a nearby abandoned power facility that was guarded by the police. The police verbally abused and beat the practitioners on a daily basis and did not allow them to sit cross-legged, since doing so was considered sitting in the lotus position. The worst part was that the men and the women were all locked up in one room, and they were forced to use their own wash basins (a basin used for holding water to wash one's face) as a toilet.

On December 24, 1999, officers from Jitou Police Station arrested Ms. Zhang Zhengrong and took her to the detention class in the office of the Banbianjie Village, held her for four days, and tried to force her to "transform." Practitioners Liu Zhenhai, Tao Yuan, Cao Suhua, Li Xiaoping, Huang, Huang Wenying, Xiao Liao, and Ling Fudong were also arrested. On December 28, Jitou Police Station officials charged them with "interfering with public order," and detained Ms. Zhang for 15 days. Liu Zhenhai and Tao Yuan were also detained. They were held in the detention class after being released from the detention center.

On February 28, 2000, officers from the Jitou Police Station once again fabricated a charge of "interfering with social and public order" and detained Zhang Shengrong for 15 days.

During February and March 2000, while Ms. Zhang was being held in the detention class, her 86-year-old mother became seriously ill. Ms. Zhang showed the telegram to the police and asked to be released so that she could go home to see her mother. The police not only denied her request but illegally transferred her to the detention center.

On April 16, 2000, Liu Zhenhai, Tao Yuan, and Zhang Shengrong left the detention class in Jitou Township with righteous thoughts and went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. From the 16th to the 19th, the police station dispatched five squads consisting of more than 60 people and spent approximately 100,000 yuan to intercept the three practitioners in front of the Beijing Office of Appeals. The practitioners were handcuffed and taken away. Liu, the deputy county mayor said, "Zhang Shengrong, I would have thrown you into the river if you were not so old."

On April 26, 2000, officers from Jitou Police Station fabricated a charge of "interfering with social and public order" and detained Zhang Shengrong, Liu Zhenhai, and Tao Yuan for 15 days.

On May 25, 2000, once again, officers from Jitou Police Station detained Ms. Zhang, Liu Zhenhai, and Tao Yuan for 15 days. They were transferred to the detention class after they were released from the detention center.

There was no personal freedom in the detention class as they were not allowed to study the "Fa" together, practice the exercises, or go home. It was not until August 2, 2000 that the three practitioners were released.

At around midnight on January 18, 2001, Jinyang Police Station dispatched seven police officers to break into Zhang Shengrong's home. Han Hongquan, the assistant chief, said, "As a government agency, we are just doing what we're supposed to do. If you were a young person, we would have taken you to the police station for questioning." Despite his declaration, Zhang Shengrong was detained once she was taken to the police station and imprisoned for 15 days. After she was released, the police said, "We detained you because we were afraid that you were going to set yourself on fire." Two days after her release, policeman Zhao demanded that she "attend" the detention class. Zhang Shengrong stayed in a temporary building with an asbestos tile roof. The roof leaked when it rained, and the door could not be closed properly. As a result, Zhang Shengrong came down with a cough, diarrhea, and vomiting. Afterwards, she was illegally detained for 15 days at the Jiuru Village detention center.

On March 3, 2001, officers from Jinyang Police Station detained Zhang Shengrong for another 15 days. In late March, they tried to transfer her to the police station in her hometown, Rongchang County, but the local police station refused to take her. On April 3, 2001, she was illegally sent to Yuanmou County, Yunnan Province.

At around noon on December 26, 2001, Li Bohua, former Secretary of the Jinyang Street Party Office, along with Zeng Fengming, an officer from the Jinyang Police Station, and four other policemen, broke into Zhang Shengrong's home. Zeng Fengming demanded that she attend the detention class. She tried to clarify the truth to them, but they would not listen and tried to force her to open the study room door. Ms. Zhang refused and Li Bohua yelled, "Pick her up!" Zeng Fengming and others forcibly dragged her from the third floor to the first floor, and into the car. Zeng Fengming snatched Ms. Zhangs key, tore the key chain into three pieces, and cut the little finger of her right hand. They also confiscated Dafa books, pictures, and exercise tapes. During the scuffle, her hands were bruised and her shoulders were almost dislocated. She was forcibly taken to Jinhua Brainwashing Center in the Wuhou District.

Zhang Shengrong Detained in Jinhua Brainwashing Center for Three Years and Three Months

Zhang Shengrong was detained without due process in Jinhuan Brainwashing Center, in Wuhou District, from December 26, 2001, to March 21, 2005.

On the morning of February 4, 2002, five practitioners, including Liu Zhenhai, Zheng Youmei, Zhang Shiqing, Wang Fuying, and Zhang Shengrong, were doing the fifth exercise and sending righteous thoughts in the brainwashing center's courtyard when a guard poured cold water on them. The next day, Zhang Shengrong was summoned to the office, and Wang Jinping berated her.

On one occasion, Wang Jinpping became intoxicated, went to the supervision room to threaten practitioners, and said, "From now on you are not permitted to recite the righteous thoughts formulas." Another time, he sat on Zhang Shengrong's bed and berated her.

Because Ms. Zhang insisted on practicing Falun Gong, Wang Jinping did not allow her to use the restroom or to buy necessities. In the summer, he forbade her from opening the door, which would cool the room down a little. In the winter, he purposely did not install glass in the windows and as a result, Zhang Shengrongs's hands became frostbitten and eventually excreted pus.

After lunch on the day after the Lantern Festival in 2002, a few practitioners wanted to rest, but guard Chen did not permit it. Wang Jinping and Liu Xiaokang asked the guard to take them back to the supervision room. Practitioner Liu Zhenhai was pushed to the ground. Wang Jinping, Liu Xiaokang, Li Hai, and another guard beat and kicked Liu Zhenhai. Then guard Jiang threw a brick and injured Liu Zhenhai's leg. Liu was beaten until his/her leg was disfigured. Consequently, Liu still walks with a bit of a limp. Guard Jiang beat Zhang Shiqing until Zhang lost control of his bowels. Liu Xiaokang beat Zhang Shengrong so violently that she had tinnitus for two weeks and three of her teeth were knocked loose and later fell out. As a result, she has a hard time chewing some foods. Before her teeth fell out she was in constant pain, which in turn caused indigestion. Zheng Youmei and Lu Xingping were also seriously beaten. From then on, they were individually locked up in small supervision rooms and were monitored even while they were eating.

Zhang Shengrong once visited a fellow practitioner, Zheng Youmei, who was on a hunger strike. For this, Ms. Zhang was locked up and had to use her wash basin for a toilet.

Another time, Wang Suhua, a female collaborator, reported Zhang Shengrong to the authorities. Liu Xiaokang and Wang Jinping then summoned Zhang Shengrong to the office. The three wicked women swarmed around her and tied her hands behind her back. One woman searched her and took away a partial copy of the book Zhuan Falun, several lectures, and numerous tables of contents. The three women were Physician Luo Siju (she often came up with nasty ways to torture practitioners) and two female collaborators, Long Kuanqiong and Liu Xiaolin.

Guard Liao Xi, behaving like a hoodlum, often inspected the rooms in his underwear.

Reports of Practitioners Being Followed and Persecuted

On December 16, 2005, Jinyang Street General Management Office director Gong Daoquan and Zheng Weifang entered Ms. Zhang Shengrong's home while she was out and confiscated five copies of "Minghui Weekly." The next day, Dongyuan District custodian Hu Weicai followed Ms. Zhang and reported her to Gong Daoquan. That same day, Gong Daoquan led three people to Ms. Zhang's home and harassed her. On December 18, Zheng Weifang led five people to her home and harassed her.

On October 1, 2006, Tao Yuan was forced to leave home. Afterwards, four to five people took turns questioning Zhang Shengrong to find out Tao Yuan's whereabouts. Afterwards they followed Ms. Zhang everywhere she went, and they restricted and monitored her movements. Up to four people followed and spied on her, two during the day, and two in the evening. Sometimes they hovered outside of the district, and other times outside of the unit. They often yelled at the front of her house, several times a day. Sometimes they called her to see if she was home. Once in a while, Huang Fang, Song Hongying, and Yuan Haiyan showed up at her doorstep.

On October 3, 2006, Minister Zhang, Huang Fang, and Song Hongying wanted to confiscate Zhang Shengrong's telephone. Huang Fang threatened to monitor the phone calls. Minister Zhang said, "If you do not comply then you'll have to pay for all the expenses." Zheng Weifang harassed Ms. Zhang Shengrong every day.

On October 4, 2006, Yang Xiaogang from the Wuhou District, Liu Jun from the Jinyang office, and seven other people went to harass Zhang Shengrong.

On October 9, 2006, Yang Xiaogang from the Wuhou District, Secretary Huang of the Jinyang office, and Minister Zhang of the Jinyang Department of Armed Forces went to harass Zhang Shengrong.

On October 10, 2006, Zheng Weifang went to Zhang Shengrong's home. Ms. Zhang sang Falun Dafa songs and Zheng Weifang became very upset. After that she stopped harassing Zhang Shengrong.

In January 2007, Zhou Yi and Zhou Qin began following and monitoring Zhang Shengrong.

On February 3, 2007, Ms. Zhang went to Jinyang Police Station to visit her son, Tao Yuan. Assistant police chief Deng Xingqiang refused to let her see him.

On February 17, 2007, Zhang Shengrong went to the Jinyang office. Gong Daoquan saw her coming and retreated into his office. He ordered Wang Beilan and Mr. Fan to fetch a rickshaw. Then Yuan (first name unknown) from the General Management Office, guard Chen (first name unknown), and Zhou Qin forcibly pushed Zhang Shengrong into the rickshaw. They were so rough with her that she lost control of her bladder. When Gong Daoquan was leaving the office, Yuan, Chen, and Zhou blocked Ms. Zhang and did not allow her to talk to Gong Daoquan. The rough handling left Zhang Shengrong bruised and stiff, and she began to feel pain in her chest and abdomen. She found it difficult to squat down, and once she was squatting she could not get up. She was unable to turn over when she was sleeping, and had a hard time walking up the stairs.

On May 11, 2007, Ms. Zhang Shengrong went to Jinyang Police Station, and asked for the unconditional release of Tao Yuan. Station chief Luo Gang claimed that they did not arrest Tao Yuan.

Wuhou District, Chengdu City, 610 Office: 86-28-85531041, 86-28-85558685 (transfer)
Assistant Director Luo Yixiang: 86-28-85531041 (Office), 86-28-85061298 (Home), 86-13008125252 (Cell), 86-28-88178528 (Cell)
Wuhou District, Chengdu City, General Management Office :85557410 (transfer)
Director: Gong Daoquan: 86-13981970353 (Cell)
Zheng Weifang: 86-28-89668916
Wuhou District, Chengdu City, Jinhua Brainwashing Center: 86-28-85034039, 86-28-85367039