(Clearwisdom.net) On March 10, 2007, Mr. Yu Chunhai, who was only 32 years old, left this world. The people of the Changde Village, Tuqiao Town, Yushu City, Jilin Province have many different opinions about his death. Who tortured Yu Chunhai to death? Actually, the real criminal who murdered Yu Chunhai is still at large.

Yu Chunhai's photo right before his death as a result of persecution

Yu Chunhai's photo before he was arrested

Mr. Yu Chunhai started practicing Falun Gong in early 1998. He followed the requirements of "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance" diligently and was recognized as a good person by the people of the Changde Village. At that time, he was the main income earner for his family. He was young, vigorous and healthy.

However in July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party's chieftain Jiang Zemin used his power to deprive the right of the Chinese people to practice Falun Gong. Thousands of people were illegally sent to forced labor camps and imprisoned, and more than 3,000 people have died as a result of the persecution.

Falun Gong practitioner Yu Chunhai of Yushu City was one of these people.

In July 2000, some people thought that Yu Chunhai went to Zhoujiatun Village, Shuiquliu Town, Shulan City to distribute Falun Gong fliers, but he did not actually do it. Zhang Zhongchen, Wu Fengquan, as well as other people from the village acted as witnesses, and together with public security guard Duan Aimin, who led the way, arrested Yu Chunhai and took him to the Shulan City Detention Center. Yu Chunhai was illegally detained for seven days. His family spent a lot of money, asked for help from influential bankers, and finally was able to get him back home.

In November 2000, new public security guard Jiang Junyi and some people from the village who did not know the truth reported him to the authorities. Ma Baolong from the Guangming Township Police Station, Chang Yuchun, the head of the police station, together with some other people went to Yu Chunhai's home in the middle of the night, awoke him from sleep, and arrested him again. In order to persecute him, they used the case which framed him in July, accusing him of distributing fliers. Yu Chunhai was then sentenced to two years of forced labor.

Yu Chunhai was fist detained at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. As soon as he entered the room, several criminal detainees brutally beat and kicked him. Later the criminals tortured him with methods called "flying an airplane, sticking to the wall and looking for stars." These methods were very vicious. For example, the method "looking for stars" was performed as follows. One criminal pulled the practitioner's head downward so that he had to bend his back, with his head about 2-3 feet away from the wall. Another criminal stood behind him and suddenly kicked his buttocks so that he stumbled forward and hit his head against the wall so hard that he lost consciousness. When he woke up the criminals laughed at him.

In early 2001, Yu Chunhai was transferred to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Again he was subjected to various tortures, including starvation, forced slave labor work for long hours, brutal beatings, sleep deprivation, brainwashing, threats, and more. The labor camp authorities controlled the inmates using distorted reasoning. If someone smiled, they beat that person out of jealousy. If someone cried, they screamed at that person, blaming him for not obeying the administrators. In the labor camp, people were treated like they were only machines and not allowed to have any feelings or emotions. Nobody cared whether others could endure all the suffering any longer and nobody was concerned whether or not someone was dieing. Yu Chunhai felt that a day seemed as long as a year in the labor camp and all he wanted was to go home. A healthy and vigorous young man started to become emaciated. The labor camp authorities intensified their efforts periodically to "transform" practitioners. Every time, during the period of intensified "transformation," the criminal inmates used all kinds of brutal means to beat practitioners, trying to force them to give up their belief and to admit some kind of guilt.

On one occasion, drug addict Xu Hui violently beat Yu Chunhai more than twenty times with a bed board that was more than one yard long and about eight inches wide. Yu Chunhai's buttocks were wounded, with strips of flesh ripped off of them. These wounds took more than a year to heal. At that moment, Yu's cries were heard on the floors above and below, and the people in the offices also heard them. But the criminals who beat Yu Chunhai said without hesitation, "The guards wanted us to beat him, and the head of the camp wanted us to do this, and the people of the Judicial Department wanted us to beat him."

Yu Chunhai was tortured so badly that he could neither walk nor take care of himself, and he was forced to give up his belief in Falun Gong. He was getting more and more depressed, and more and more emaciated day by day. He coughed during the night and experienced abnormal night sweating due to his general debility. Later, he did not even have the strength to walk up or down stairs. He panted even when he was crawling up one staircase and his back was bent due to constant coughing. He was diagnosed with tuberculosis and was only skin and bones. He was on the brink of death.

According to the Chinese law regarding forced labor, Yu Chunhai's condition met the legal requirements for a release, which is called "on-bail for medical treatment." However, the labor camp authorities refused to release him and the criminal inmates still forced him to sit on a board. Finally, his family spent lots of money in order to get him released.

He finally returned home in early May 2001. Because of his serious illness he was bedridden for one year and they had to spend more than 5,000 yuan on medicine before his condition started to improve. During the period between 2000 and 2002, he was forced to give up his belief. This was because he was threatened so much that he did not dare to practice Falun Gong. During these two years, he turned into a dispirited person with gray hair, from a previously young and healthy person when he practiced Falun Gong.

In order to alleviate the financial losses during these two years, soon after his health started to improve, he had to go to work in Dalian. The work was physically demanding. Soon his illness recurred, and in addition he contracted a new illness--throat tuberculosis, and he had difficulty speaking. He went to a hospital that specialized in treating tuberculosis to obtain treatment and spent 3000 yuan. Later, he went to many other places seeking treatment and had to spend a lot of money, yet the treatments were sometimes effective and sometimes not, and he continued having relapses of his illness. During this period, he had thought about practicing Falun Gong again but he was afraid of being reported to the authorities. He had practiced Falun Gong exercises several times but was nervous and could not calm his mind, therefore the effect naturally was not good.

After being brutally tortured by the wicked Communist Party, suffering from an illness for three to four years, and spending more than 10,000 yuan for medicine, Yu Chunhai died on March 10, 2007. He left behind his wife and two young children.

It is pitiful that Yu Chunhai died at such a young age. However, it is the wicked Communist Party who deprived him of his right to practice Falun Gong, arrested him and brutally tortured him to death.

Related article:http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/4/14/84550.html

September 17, 2007