(Clearwisdom.net) Beijing Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Yongwang, 34, is originally from Quyang County, Hebei Province. Because of his firm belief in Falun Gong, he was arrested in Shanghai on September 13, 2001. He was detained at a detention center in Shanghai and later at the Baoding City Detention Center in Hebei Province for 88 days. On December 11, 2001, Mr. Liu was taken to the Baoding Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Liu was subjected to inhuman torture at the hands of First Brigade Captain Li Dayong, guards Liu Yuesheng and Liu Qingyong, and camp physician Du Baochuan.

After Mr. Liu Yongwang's left leg became crippled from the severe torture, he was transferred to Tangshan Forced Labor Camp where he suffered further persecution. His left leg remained crippled after his transfer to Tangshan Forced Labor Camp. In the winter of 2003, part of his left leg gradually regained some functions, but still lacked strength. At that time, his left leg felt numb and painful. The numbness spread throughout the entire left leg and then to his right leg, calf, and the thigh. His anus had also become numb and he no longer could control his excretory functions. Both of his legs were so painful that he couldn't fall asleep at night. On April 30, 2004, he was taken to the Tangshan Worker's Hospital for an examination and was diagnosed with nerve damage in both legs.

Mr. Liu Yongwang went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. With the help from his family and morally upright people, he was released on medical leave in mid-June of 2004. But, he had to post bail.

After arriving home, his health improved from practicing Falun Dafa. The pain in his legs had also lessened. On August 24, 2005, Beijing National Security officers arrested Mr. Liu at his work place. He was first detained at the Beijing City Security Detention Center, then transferred to the Security Detention Center in Hebei Province, and then imprisoned at the Baoding City Detention Center. In late September, the pain in his legs returned. On October 25 he was taken to the 252nd Hospital for examination and was diagnosed to have displaced vertebra. Despite his medical condition, the "Special Investigation Team" tortured him in an attempt to extort a confession. From November 7 to 13, they tied his legs to a chair and used electric batons and high intensity light to torture him for seven consecutive days. Because his legs were fixed in place for a long time, they became swollen and his condition turned for the worse. Meanwhile, National Security agent Sun Lizhi broke into his home on the sly to install listening devices and also checked his work computer to find evidence so he could press charges against him.

In November 2006, the Baoding City Public Security Bureau, Xinshi District Procuratorate, and Xinshi District Court conspired to sentence him and three more practitioners. Mr. Liu went on a hunger strike on May 24, while on appeal, to protest the unlawful imprisonment and persecution.

On June 16, 2006, Baoding City Detention Center took the four practitioners to different prisons: Zhang Rongjie was taken to the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison, Zhi Zhanmin to the Baoding Prison, and Liu Yongwang and Wei Haiwu to the Tangshan Jidong Prison.

Mr. Liu had not been in good health since June 16, 2006, the day when he was taken to Tangshan Jidong Prison. His family was not informed, but found out about his imprisonment at the first Brigade after searching and inquiring about him. On July 7, his wife and seven year old daughter traveled a great distance from Baoding to visit Mr. Liu. The prison staff denied family visitations. After talking to Zhang Fuliang and Ma Changzheng from the Education Section for more than an hour, Ma Changzheng told them that given prison regulations, no matter how persuasive the reasons by the family or the weeping of a little daughter, they could not visit.

On December 16, 2006, Mr. Liu bit apart and swallowed the feeding tube to protest the savage force feeding. Once they could no longer force feed him, they allowed his family to come and visit him, because they were afraid of bearing responsibility for any consequences. He is now imprisoned in the First Brigade of the Tangshan Jidong Prison. He has been on a hunger strike for over seven months and has lost a lot of weight. Despite his health condition, prison guards forced him to sit on a bench from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Six people monitored him around the clock.

Prison guards used thin tubes for force feeding at the beginning, but now they use a tube as thick as a thumb. When prison guards force fed him, he threw up most of whatever they fed him. Besides his paralyzed lower limbs, he became emaciated and weak. He could neither walk nor stand. Several times he was in coma after force feedings. His life is in grave danger.

Yet, the guards at the prison claimed that he was fine. Education Section Chief Zhang Fuliang said disgustedly, "We won't release him even if he dies!" We hope all the kind people will extend a helping hand to stop this inhuman persecution.

Those responsible for the continued torture of Mr. Liu

Jidong Prison First Brigade:

The First Brigade, 2002 Box, Fengnab Section, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, 063305


Liu Yongwang's Recounting of His Suffering at the Baoding Forced Labor Camp

On December 11, 2001, I was taken to the First Brigade at the Baoding Forced Labor Camp, where I suffered cruel torture. As a result, my left leg is crippled now. I want to tell people about the criminal acts committed by First Brigade Captain Li Dayong and others at Baoding Forced Labor Camp. I call on the world’s governments and people who are upright and decent to investigate the crime they committed.

1. Despite Being on the Verge of Death, the Forced Labor Camp Still Accepted Me

Forced labor camp regulations state explicitly: "Those without satisfactory physical health can not be accepted for forced labor." But, staff at the labor camp disregarded laws and accepted a person who had been on hunger strike for three months and with health in a life threatening situation.

2. Savage Force Feeding

For the first twenty days after I arrived at the camp, I was given intravenous treatments. Each day I was given two bottles, one was glucose and the other was sodium chloride. They stopped the intravenous feeding on December 30. At 10:00 a.m. on January 1, 2002, police told me they were going to force-feed me. Two prisoners took me to the captain’s office. Many people were there, including the Director of Public Health Zhang, prison physician Du Baochuan, and the First Brigade Captain Li Dayong. A chair was placed in the middle of the room. Du Baochuan forced me to sit in that chair and some people held my head and my arms. My entire body was in pain and I could barely breath. Du Baochuan gave the orders and did not stop cursing. They then used a metal spoon to pry open my mouth and a plier to keep my mouth open. They were so forceful that my upper palate began to bleed. Then, they fixed my tongue so I couldn't move it. The prison physician ordered Wang Shunwei to begin the force feeding. Wang said, "I have never done it before." The prison physician cursed at him and ordered the person who was holding my head to squeeze my nose, so I could only breath through my mouth. As I was breathing deeply, a spoonful of liquid was forced down my throat. As I was just breathing with my mouth, I swallowed the liquid. I felt like I was being held under water and choked. I felt an indescribable fear and subconsciously held my breath. As I was holding my breath, another spoonful of liquid was forced down my throat. I found out later that the liquid was a mixture of powdered milk and salt. They continued to do this. I struggled but I couldn't move. I feared being murdered. A large portion of liquid had entered my lungs.

After I was force fed, my entire body was in pain, especially the chest area. I broke out in a cold sweat, but the prison physician laughed maliciously and ridiculed me. It was obvious that they use this behavior to intimidate their victims.

In January of 2002, after being force fed, 46 year-old practitioner Ping Guoguang spat blood incessantly. He died two weeks later.

3. Being Comatose and Losing Control Over Bodily Functions

I was taken back to the confinement cell. I had severe chest pain and could hardly breath. I breathed heavily and had a fever. My heartbeat went up to 120 and I could only lie on the bed board. I couldn't breath and had chest pain when I raised my head. At 5:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m., I suddenly felt great pain, a chill and wanted to defecate. They brought me a spittoon. I had a difficult time lying down on the bed. As soon as I lay on the bed I felt excruciating chest pain and lost consciousness. I was lying in bed when I woke up. I had no idea how long I was unconscious. No one would tell me anything except that I was incontinent. They then pointed to a spot with defecation marks on the blanket. The fast heartbeats, breathlessness, and pain continued. The following day, I heard someone saying that they were ready to force-feed me. I was thus forced to begin eating again. They didn't carry out the force feeding.

On the evening of January 2, I spat some blood and had nose bleeding. I spit many mouthfuls of blood on the floor. The doctor from the health department examined the blood on the floor and said that it wasn't from my stomach. He ordered it wiped clean and didn't do any thing about it. Chen Guang, the person on duty, found out my eyes were red and called the doctor to measure my temperature. Later, I was taken to the emergency room at the 252 Hospital and received five bottles of I.V. I was taken back to the forced labor camp the following day.

I was bedridden. When I raised my head or turned to the side, I gasped for air, had chest pain and spit up blood. This continued for over a month.

Beginning January 3, they locked me in a confinement cell and put me on an I.V. My temperature was over 42 degrees Celsius (107.6�oF), sometime over 43 (109.4�oF). I was semi-conscious during this time. I later heard that it was dangerous to have such a high body temperature.

4. People Suffering Tuberculosis and With Crippled Legs Were Imprisoned

At the time I was spitting up blood, someone named Zhang Wanxin from the Northwest who had late stage tuberculosis was also locked up in my confinement cell. The forced labor camp regulations state that people with contagious diseases will not be accepted. But the authorities disregard all laws.

I was bedridden since January 3. Once, my temperature dropped slightly, and I had some weird feeling in my left leg. I had a feeling, but it wasn’t really painful. I also could not move my legs. In September, I was taken to Nanshi Section Hospital for examination and was told that I had a nerve injury. I could sue prison physician Du Baochuan and the First Brigade Captain Li Dayong, as they had violated Regulation 248 of the Criminal Law, which dealt with the abuse of prisoners. Prison physician Du Baochuan had also violated Regulation 335 of the Criminal law which covers medical malpractice.

5. A Punishment Room was Opened And Practitioners were Beat Daily

In July 2002, the First Brigade opened three rooms on one side of the confinement cell, which were used as punishment rooms. They used inhuman torture at any time on practitioners who refused to renounce their belief. Practitioners were shocked with electric batons, resulting in blisters all over their bodies. They also suffered other injuries. The whole First Brigade was in fear. This went on for over six months and up to a year. They closed all windows when they tortured practitioners. They also made sure there were no witnesses and told the person on duty to go somewhere else when they tortured practitioners. Every time they stopped the torture for a while one could smell burning flesh in that area. They used a mop to clean the blood that had dripped from practitioners' faces.

Practitioners who had written a solemn declaration to nullify their reform statements, which were written after being cruelly beaten, were again beaten up.

6. "Killing Rope" Cut Into My Flesh

On the morning of October 13, 2002, police ordered four people to take me to the punishment room. Policemen Liu Yuesheng and Li Dayong used a "killing rope" to torture me. They put a rope around my chest and asked me, "Do you want to reform or not?" I said, "It is against the law to beat people." They then removed my jacket, leaving me only wearing thin clothes. They put a rope around my neck, then tied it in several loops around my shoulders, armpits and arms. Then the rope was tied behind my back and they lifted the rope. The first time they roped me, Liu Yuesheng held my head and two others roped me behind my back. Since tying a rope for a long time in such a manner would cripple ones arms, they loosened the ropes after a while. They roped me three times a day. On the second day, they put small sticks and wine bottles under my armpits so the rope could be tightened even further. The rope cut into my flesh. I still have scars on my shoulders from the cuts.

7. Beatings with Leather Belts and Bamboo Sticks, and Shocked with Electric Batons

After I was roped, they beat me. Li Dayong used a leather belt to hit my face, body, and back. He also used a police rope folded to about a foot long and used it to whip my face until my mouth was filled with blood, which was dripping out of my mouth. One of my upper teeth is still loose and black today because of the beating. I shouted, "Beating people is against the law," "Falun Dafa is good," and "Cultivation is not a crime." Guard Liu Liang then joined the torture team. He used a bamboo stick to beat my face, mouth, and nose. I then had nose bleeding. After beating me for a while, they tied my back to a chair. With an evil expression on his face, Li Dayong used an electric baton to shock my entire body, including my crippled left leg, chest, and top of my head.

Because of my shout, "Falun Dafa is good," and "Beating people is against the law," they shocked my mouth with an electric baton until it ran out of charge. I was so badly beaten that my mouth was swollen and bleeding. Even the prison physician was shocked.

8. Being Tied to a Bed Board for 21 Days and Beaten with Electric Batons

They beat me for two days and roped me five times after October 14. I was tied on a bed board for 21 days. My hands and feet were tied to the four corners of the bed so I couldn't move. I was only covered with a quilt. They beat my back and buttocks with electric batons. My back became purple and black, and my skin cracked and bled. Later I had scabies.

9. The Prison Inflated the Cost for Medical Care to Cover Its Inhuman Behavior

Li Dayong spread rumors among practitioners that they had spent ten thousand yuan on medical expenses for me. But he had never mentioned it to me, because I knew the cost involved. Four times at the hospital cost about five hundred yuan and the total cost was less than one thousand yuan for the treatment. They told others that the medicines they used were the best. During the three months of hunger strike, they used two bottles of I.V., one was glucose and other was sodium chloride. They only gave me one bottle of I.V. when I was at the 252 Hospital for emergency treatment. Director Zhuang said that he had provided good I.V. for me, but it was only a type mixed with some powder. I had eight bottles of I.V. each day for eight days. Later I found out the cost of the I.V. was only 2.2 yuan. Besides I.V. there were five types of vitamins. All the medicine costs less than five hundred yuan. Counting the cost of gasoline and treatment it was still less than one thousand yuan. When Li Dayong spread the rumor that they had spent ten thousand yuan on me, people who did not know the facts would think they were being very humanitarian.

10. Listening to Their Despotic Statements

After Dafa practitioner Ping Guoguang died after being force fed, Li Dayong said to me twice, "If you are so brave, go on a hunger strike." After they beat me, I told them that they were violating the law. Li Dayong responded, "Go ahead sue me. You don't have any evidence," since they always committed their crimes without anyone present, and they wiped clean all the blood to destroy potential evidence. When I was tied to a bed, I told them that what they did was against the law, but they said to me shamelessly, "I have total authority over whomever is imprisoned here." When they used rope and electric batons to shock me, I told them it was against the law. But Li Dayong said to me, "These are police tools and I was given the authority by our country."