Practitioner Ms. Shao Yan from Beijing died due to persecution; her husband was also tortured to disability

Practitioners Ms. Shao Yan and her husband firmly believed in Falun Gong and therefore were forced to become homeless. They then were illegally arrested and Ms. Shao was sentenced to forced labor. Her husband, Li Wendong, was sent to a hospital because he had suffered long term torture. As a result, he was bedridden due to paralysis and even lost his memory. Ms. Shao Yan died on December 31, 2006, due to long-term inhuman tortures.

Ms. Shao, 39 years old, was a professor at the Agricultural University in Beijing. After studying Falun Dafa, her health improved physically and mentally. All her illnesses vanished quickly. But after July 20, 1999, she suffered inhuman tortures.

Personnel from the Beijing National Securities Bureau spied on her. They followed her wherever she went. Even when she went to a bookstore, they followed her and checked her books. They also monitored her home phone and were always hiding around her apartment.

Shan Yan and her husband were forced to become homeless for eight months. This created severe mental pressure. In August 2001, the couple was arrested and then tortured brutally.

Ms. Shao's husband, Li Wendong, a lawyer who graduated from the Beijing University, was tortured especially brutally. They injected him with unknown drugs, which caused him to lose his memory. Due to these brutal tortures, he was emaciated to skin and bones and even unable to speak, recognize others, or walk. His life was in danger. The perpetrators were afraid to take the responsibility for his death and therefore notified his parents to pick up their son far from Jiamusi City.

When he returned home, he was unable to recover even though his parents took very good care of him. He frequently screamed in terror. His father soon died from sadness. His mother's health deteriorated after her husband's death and having to cope with her son's situation.

Ms. Shao was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. She was detained in a women's labor camp in Beijing. During her detention, they tortured her. She was detained in the same Team as practitioner, Ms. Zhang Yijie from Beijing University, the No. 3 Team. She suffered the same tortures as Ms. Zhang. The guards used inhuman methods to try to "transform" her.

Ms. Shao was very weak and her old illnesses returned. Her life was in danger but they still refused to release her. She was injected with numerous drugs. At the end of 2000, they released her after her 18-month term was completed. At the time of her release, she was even weaker.

She could not go back to work because she had to take care of her husband, who had lost his memory. She returned directly to the home of her mother-in-law. During those several years, she still could not recover. Even though her situation was very difficult, spies from Beijing still disturbed and followed her. They hid near her mother-in-law's home, which caused her to suffer even more. She died on December 31, 2006.

Practitioner Ms. Tan Aiyun from Weifang died as a result of being tortured

Insert Picture

Practitioner Ms. Tan Aiyun

Since July 20, 1999, the Party has persecuted Ms. Tan Aiyun because she firmly believed in Dafa and Teacher. She went to Beijing to clarify the truth six times. She was arrested and detained, and her home was searched several times. In October 2000, she was arrested and sent to Jinan Forced Labor Camp where she was tortured for three years. She died soon after she was notified that her sister had been tortured to death.

Tan Aiyun, 64 years old, was a practitioner from Shandong, Weifang. She was retired from a paper factory in Weifang. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. Before her cultivation, she was very weak and had a very negative attitude toward life. But after she started cultivation, her health and spirit changed. She developed a very positive attitude and became totally different from before. She experienced the brightness of Dafa.

In October 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was detained for one month. Later they sent her to Jinan Forced Labor Camp for three years and continuously tortured her. Ms. Tan was unable to put on her socks because she couldn't lift her arms and shoulders due to being tortured for not giving up cultivation.

When she returned home, she recovered because she practiced Falun Gong and her health improved. However, the Party persecuted her sister, Ms. Tan Pingyun, also a practitioner, and sent her to the forced labor camp in Shandong Wang Village where she was tortured. Ms. Tan Pingyun died on May 18, 2006. (Clearwisdom.net reported her case on May 28, 2006.)

When Ms. Tan Aiyun found out that her sister had died due from torture, she was extremely upset. She rushed to the hospital to be with her family members. When she asked the policemen what her sister died from, the policemen lied and said that she drank detergent while cleaning the toilet at 7 a.m.. They also threatened Tan Aiyun, saying that she was hosting too many activities at her home and for browsing the Internet. They still used mental torture. The perpetrators threatened the family to get them to cooperate, otherwise they would take action against Ms. Tan Aiyan.

Actually, Tan Aiyun, a 60 year old lady, suffered torture for three years. She was already weak and didn't know how to browse the Internet.

The death of Tan Pingyun, her sister, made her very sad and her health worsened. However, she still went to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp twice to expose its tortures. But she could not bear the pain of losing her sister. Additionally, because her family members, who were partially poisoned by the evil Party, did not understand her, her old illnesses returned again. She died on December 31, 2006.

Practitioner Mr. Dong Quanhao from Heibei Tangshan died as a result of being tortured

Mr. Dong Quanhao, around 50 years old, was a villager from Zhengaoxiandianm Village in the Wanglan District of Fengnan Town in Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Before he practiced Falun Gong, he suffered severely, especially in the winter, and he could hardly breathe. After practicing Falun Gong, his health improved and he was able to do any kind of work.

On February 20, 2006, he distributed truth clarification materials. When he returned home, policemen arrested him and sent him to the police station in Fengnan Town in the Wanglan District. He was tortured by policemen Zhu Baoshu, Zhan You, and Dong. They hit him in the face many times. Later on, they sent him to the Fengnan District Detention Center. There he was tortured by prisoners. One of the prisoners hit him so hard that he fell on the floor and injured his neck. The prisoner asked him if he still would continue to practice Falun Gong. Because he was tortured several days without a break, Mr. Dong could not eat or sleep and was even too weak to walk.

Even though he was in this condition, policemen from Wanglanzhuang Town still sentenced Mr. Dong to one year of forced labor. He was sent to Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. Upon Mr. Dong's arrival at the labor camp, the authorities noticed that he was too weak to work and therefore refused to accept him. He was then sent home.

He continued to practice Falun Gong and his health improved a great deal. But the policemen in Wanglanzhuang Town still disturbed him and wanted to know whether he still practiced Falun Gong and tried to force him to sign their prepared Guarantee Statement.

Due to long-term persecution and torture by the police, Mr. Dong Quanhao suffered mental and physical pressure and consequently died.