Additional Persecution News from China - September 9, 2006 (21 Reports)
- [Liaoning Province] Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp Continues Persecuting Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Liaoning Province] Forced Labor Camp of Tieling City Continuing the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners Using Prisoners
- [Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Fu Bin from the Chemical Fiber Factory of Weifang City Arrested and Her Home Ransacked
- [Beijing City] Recent Information on Practitioners Including Mr. Chao
- [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Guo Suying Illegally Sentenced to Five Years of Imprisonment
- [Henan Province] Practitioner Mr. Wu Zhongmin Illegally Arrested Again and Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Information on the Persecution of Practitioners Ms. Zhang Qiong and Ms. Bao Hanlian
- [Long'an County, Guangxi Province] Middle School Teacher Practitioner Ms. Lu Chihua Illegally Held for Extended Period
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Shuqin's Life Greatly Endangered due to Torture
- [Beijing City] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Lei Illegally Held in the Xicheng City Detention Center
- [Beijing City] Practitioners Mr. Qi Guoan, Ms. Li Jingzhen and Her Husband Arrested by Police
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Four Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioners Arrested
- [Hubei Province] Four Practitioners Including Mr. Liu Xiangde from the Steel and Iron Corporation of Wuhan City Arrested
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Lu Bao Arrested and His Family Member Injured from Police Officer's Biting
- [Zhuolu County, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Practitioners Ms. Dong Zhanmei and Ms. Xu Hongying
- [Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Brainwashes Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Hebei Province] Qinduankou Prison in Hebei Province Worsening the Persecution Towards Practitioner Mr. Cao Zhengguo
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Qin Yuzhen Arrested by Police for Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials and Has Been Held in the Jiamusi City Detention Center for Almost One Week
- [Dawa County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Houxiang Arrested
- [Sichuan Province] Brainwashing Center of Wanyuan City Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Supplementary Information on the Augmentation of Torture Towards Practitioner Mr. Zhang Peng
1. [Liaoning Province] Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp Continues Persecuting Falun Dafa Practitioners
Practitioners Mr. Yan Bai and Mr. Wang Zhigang held in the Jinzhou City Forced Labor Camp were awaken from the mistakes they made in compromising with the evil, and because of this, they have been strictly monitored by the forced labor camp. Practitioner Mr. Li Yong from Jincheng Town is extremely weak due to torture. A short while ago, his life was in great danger. The forced labor camp dragged him to the hospital for emergency treatment where he was diagnosed with severe hypertension as well as heart disease. Even under such condition, they still injected a large amount of unknown drugs into Mr. Li Yong.
2. [Liaoning Province] Forced Labor Camp of Tieling City Continuing the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners Using Prisoners
Practitioners Ms. Li Qingfang, Mr. Han Jianzhi, Mr. Shi Hongwei and Mr. Zhang Zhigang, who were illegally held in the Forced Labor Camp of Tieling City in Liaoning Province have just been transferred to the Weining Forced Labor Camp of Benxi City where they are subjected to continued mistreatment. According to what has been told by their family members, the forced labor camp has adapted the method of using four or five prisoners to watch one practitioner for the purpose of brainwashing and "transforming" them. They also subject those practitioners who are steadfastly practicing Falun Dafa to brainwashing.
3. [Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Fu Bin from the Chemical Fiber Factory of Weifang City Arrested and Her Home Ransacked
Practitioner Ms. Fu Bin from the Chemical Factory of Weifang City is about forty years old. At a little past 4:00 p.m. on September 4, 2006, she went to clarify the truth in a village near the Hanting District, but someone reported her to the police. She was subsequently arrested by police officers from Kaiyuan Police Station of Hanting District. She was first held in the Kaiyuan Police Station. She is currently being held in Weifang City Detention Center. At 6:30 p.m. on September 4, 2006, police officers took the keys they found when they searched Ms. Fu Bin and ransacked her home. They confiscated two savings slips worth over seven thousand yuan and also took away over seven hundred yuan in cash. In addition, they took a VCD player, a keyboard, and made a big mess of the beds and the rooms. When Ms. Fu Bin's husband went to Kaiyuan Police Station to ask for her release, police officers told him that she would be released if he handed in ten-thousand yuan.
4. [Beijing City] Recent Information on Practitioners Including Mr. Chao
Practitioner Mr. Chao from Haidian District and his son Zhao Yan (not a practitioner) were arrested during the Lunar Chinese New Year of 2006. Now they have been sentenced to forced labor. Practitioner Ms. Zhan Aiping who was arrested with them is still held in the Detention Center of Haidian District.
5. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Guo Suying Illegally Sentenced to Five Years of Imprisonment
On September 4, 2006, the Qiaodong District Court of Zhangjiakou City in Hebei Province held a trial against practitioner Ms. Guo Suying because she had several copies of the "Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party". The entire trial lasted only ten minutes and ended in a rush. Under the condition of no lawyers present, the court announced that Ms. Guo Suying was sentenced to five years of imprisonment.
6. [Henan Province] Practitioner Mr. Wu Zhongmin Illegally Arrested Again and Subjected to Forced Labor
Practitioner Mr. Wu Zhongmin from Henan Province was held for as long as five years and eight months, between August 26, 1999 and May 2005. During that period of time, Mr. Wu Zhongmin was illegally arrested and held in different locations that cover four provinces (Guangdong Province, Hebei Province, Henan Province and Qinghai Province) and five cities (Shenzhen City, Beijing City, Sanmenxia City, Xuchang City and Xining City). He was held in ten places (Hongling Middle School of Shenzhen City, Liantang Police Station of Shenzhen City, Tian'anmen Police Department of Beijing City, Sanmenxia City Office in Beijing City, Xia County Detention Center, Sanmenxia City Forced Labor Camp, Henan Provincial No. 3 Forced Labor Camp of Xuchang City, Second Brainwashing Session of Sanmenxia City [in the former Military Department Courtyard of Sanmenxia City] and Xining City No. 2 Detention Center).
Around November 2005, when Mr. Wu Zhongmin's life was in great danger, he was taken to his parents' home in Xining City, Qinghai Province. However, he was illegally taken from the hospital to the Ershilipu Detention Center of Xining City by the Police Department of Xining City.
Several months later, Mr. Wu Zhongmin passed the dangerous period through resuming the Falun Dafa practice, and his physical body was recovering well. After June 22, 2005, the Chinese Clearwisdom Website (www.minghui.org) published in five consecutive parts Mr. Wu Zhongmin's article "Documentary Notes of My Experience of Five Years of Brutal Persecution Due to My Belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," which exposed the evil's persecution over the past six years.
On the afternoon of May 26, 2006, Mr. Wu Zhongmin, who had returned home for only several days after going away to inner provinces to do part-time jobs, was again arrested from his parents' home by the Police Department of Xining City. In July, Mr. Wu Zhongmin was taken to the Sanmenxia City Forced Labor Camp of Henan Province by police officers from Henan Province. He was sentenced to one-and-a-half years of forced labor.
7. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Information on the Persecution of Practitioners Ms. Zhang Qiong and Ms. Bao Hanlian
Ms. Zhang Qiong, about forty-five years old, is a practitioner who lived on Yangyuan Street of Wuchang District in Wuhan City. In January 2001, when she went to Beijing to appeal, she was sentenced to one year of forced labor by the Wuchang District Police Department. On March 24 she was first arrested by the Yangyuan Street CCP Residential Office of Wuchang District when clarifying the truth on the street and was taken to the Women's Detoxification Center of Hewan District of Wuhan City. One month later she was sentenced to one year of forced labor by the Wuchang District Police Department. She is currently being held in the Hewan District Forced Labor Camp. During her detention, she was brutally tortured by police officers. At present, her mind and body is severely tortured and she is extremely thin.
Ms. Xiong Hanlian, fifty-five years old, is a practitioner from Wuchang District of Wuhan City. On December 17, 1999, when she was doing Falun Dafa exercises in a park, she was taken by police officers into the Women's Forced Labor Camp of Wuhan City where she was held for fifteen days. Between June 28, 2000 and July 28, 2000, when she went to Beijing to appeal, she was taken by police officers from Wuchang District to the Women's Detention Center of Wuhan City where she was tortured for one month.
Between January 2001 and August 2002, she was taken to the Yangyuan Street Brainwashing Center of Wuchang District by the Yangyuan Street Police Station in Wuchang District, where she was tortured for fifteen months.
Between August 2003 and September 2003, she was taken by Yangyuan Street CCP Residential Office of Wuchang District into the Yangyuan Street Brainwashing Center in Wuchang District where she was held and tortured for one month.
On March 24, 2006, she was taken to the Women's Detention Center of Wuhan City by the Yangyuan Street CCP Residential Office when she was clarifying the truth on the street. One month later she was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. Her family members still have not received any notification.
Director of the Wuchang District 610 Office, Kuang Peiyong (male): 86-27-88936468
8. [Long'an County, Guangxi Province] Middle School Teacher Practitioner Ms. Lu Chihua Illegally Held for Extended Period
In March 2006, practitioner Ms. Lu Chihua, a teacher from Yanjiang Town, Long'an County in Guangxi Province, was reported to police by the principal Zeng Zude (male) because she clarified the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong to her students and taught them about being a good person by following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in her classroom. On March 13, 2006, Ms. Lu was arrested and taken to the Detention Center by public security personnel. In June, an trial was held against her.
Those who participated in the persecution:
Director of the Police Department of Long'an County: Li Xiuli (male)
Deputy director, Luo Haiyun (male); phone number: 86-771-6530859
Director of the Long'an County Court: Mo Dawo (male)
Presiding Judge: Huang Yuying (female)
Trial member: Lin Yujie (male)
Phone number: 86-771-6522163
9. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Shuqin's Life Greatly Endangered due to Torture
Practitioner Ms. Zhang Shuqin from the Heizuizi Prison of Changchun City who has been detained is suffering from severe illnesses due to torture and her life is in danger. Ms. Zhang Shuqing, 45, is from Xiwangjia Village, Zhaoyuan City in Shandong Province. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1994. After July 20, 1999, she was held for an extended period of time in Zhaoyuan City and later had to leave home to go to Changchun to avoided being arrested. She was arrested in January 2001 by the Police Department of Changchun City. Later she was held in the Heizuizi Prison of Changchun City. Due to the long-term brutal torture, Ms. Zhang Shuqin has been "transformed" through brainwashing. However, she is still being tortured. She is now suffering from breast cancer and her life is in great danger. Ms. Zhang Shuqin's husband, practitioner Mr. Wang Hejiang, was sentenced to five years of imprisonment. He is currently being held in the Weibei Prison of Weifang City. At home, her daughter over ten years old and her grandmother are living together to support each other.
10. [Beijing City] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Lei Illegally Held in the Xicheng City Detention Center
Practitioner Mr. Zhang Lei, who disappeared in May 2006, is currently being held in the Xicheng City Detention Center. On April 18, 2006, this practitioner went to Beijing City Normal University to distribute truth-clarification materials when he was arrested.
11. [Beijing City] Practitioners Mr. Qi Guoan, Ms. Li Jingzhen and Her Husband Arrested by Police
At noon on August 26, 2006, practitioners Mr. Qi Guoan, Ms. Li Jingzhen and her husband were taken away from their homes by police officers. They are currently being held in the Police Department of Shijingshan City.
12. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Four Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioners Arrested
On August 30, 2006, three practitioners from Wuhan City--Ms. Zhang, Ms. Sun and Ms. Yan--were seen by the police when they were distributing truth-clarification materials near the Women's Forced Labor Camp of Hubei Province. When the police officers went to arrest them, practitioner Mr. Yan went to block them, but was also arrested. The four practitioners are currently being held in the Wuchang District Brainwashing Center.
13. [Hubei Province] Four Practitioners Including Mr. Liu Xiangde from the Steel and Iron Corporation of Wuhan City Arrested
On September 5, 2006, Xu Guoqing (male) and other police officers from the State Security Division of Gangcheng Police Department of Qingshan District of Wuhan City arrested four practitioners from the Steel and Iron Corporation of Wuhan City. They are: Mr. Liu Xiangde, Ms. Pang Meihong, Mr. Jiang Lianwen and Ms. Jiang Lianhua. Their current whereabouts are unclear.
14. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Lu Bao Arrested and His Family Member Injured from Police Officer's Biting
On August 29, 2006, practitioner Mr. Lu Bao from Baoding City in Hebei Province was arrested at work and his home also ransacked. When the police officers were arresting Mr. Lu Bao and ransacking the home, a family member of Mr. Lu Bao was holding Mr. Lu Bao and refused to let police officers take him away. However, this family member was bitten by a police officer. Mr. Lu Bao is currently being held in the Detention Center of Baoding City.
Director of the Detention Center of Baoding City, Cui Jiming (male): 86-312-5027634, 86-312-5028774, 86-13931223558 (Cell)
Police Department of Xinshi District of Baoding City: 86-312-3161110, 86-312-3162110
Xiezhuang Police Station: 86-312-3225712
Police officer Wang Futie (male): 86-13333122592 (Cell)
15. [Zhuolu County, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Practitioners Ms. Dong Zhanmei and Ms. Xu Hongying
At about 10:30 p.m. on September 5, 2006, practitioners Ms. Dong Zhanmei and Ms. Xu Hongying from Xitoubao Village, Zhuolu Town, Zhuolu County in Hebei Province went to the neighboring Xierbao Village to post truth-clarification posters. However, they were caught by the CCP Secretary of Xierbao Village of Zhuolu Town and then were reported to the police. The CCP Deputy Secretary of Zhuolu Town, Wang Dagen (male), who also holds the post of Chief of the Zhuolu Town Police Station, led others to arrest the practitioners in Xierbao Village. They are currently being held in the Zhuolu County Detention Center.
At noon on September 6, 2006, three spies from the State Security Division of the County Police Department broke into the homes of two Falun Dafa practitioners and ransacked their homes. They confiscated many copies of Falun Dafa books. On September 7, 2006, the family members of the practitioners received a notice which ordered them to go to the County Police Department at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon. When the family members of the two practitioners arrived there, police officers refused to let the family members visit the practitioners. Instead, they irrationally tried to extort the family members with a fine of five thousand yuan, or at least of three thousand yuan. They claimed that if the family members did not hand in the fines within the fifteen days of detention, then the practitioners would be subjected to forced labor.
Director of the 610 Office of Zhuolu County, Zhao Xuan (male): 86-313-6521076, 86-13833358536 (Cell)
Chief of the State Security Division of County Police Department, Dong Fei (male): 86-313-7985062, 86-13932382700 (Cell)
Deputy director of the Zhuolu County 610 Office, Zhang Xiuqin (female): 86-313-6521076, 86-13633230896 (Cell)
Director of the County Police Department, Li Hai (male): 86-313-7985001, 86-5227826 and 86-13903135216 (Cell)
Director of the Zhuolu Town Police Station, Wang Dagen (male): 86-313-6521624, 86-13903136135 (Cell)
CCP secretary of the Xierbao Village of Zhuolu Town, Du Quan (male): 86-313-6716338 (Home)
16. [Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Brainwashes Falun Dafa Practitioners
On August 30, 2006, a group of thugs were hired by the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Most of them do not wear police uniforms. They are brainwashing steadfast Falun Dafa practitioners and beating those practitioners who refuse to yield. At a little past 10:00 p.m. on September 1, 2006, these thugs started to beat the practitioners. The sound of yelling, brutal beatings, and painful moaning were all mixed together and hard for the ears to bear. The thugs were rotating around the clock twenty-four hours a day to torture the practitioners. The steadfast practitioners are all held beyond their original release dates.
17. [Hebei Province] Qinduankou Prison in Hebei Province Worsening the Persecution Towards Practitioner Mr. Cao Zhengguo
Around August 10, 2006, the Qinduankou Prison in Hebei Province forcibly subjected practitioner Mr. Cao Zhengguo from the No. 15 Prison District and another practitioner to strict confinement. The reason was that Mr. Cao Zhengguo and this practitioner refused to cooperate during roll call and requested to practice the Falun Dafa exercises. There are currently between fifty and sixty practitioners being held there. In addition, practitioners from Shayang Forced Labor Camp and Dishi Prison have all gathered there
18. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Qin Yuzhen Arrested by Police Due to Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials and Has Been Held in the Jiamusi City Detention Center for Almost One Week
19. [Dawa County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Houxiang Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Zhang Houxiang from Qingshui Town of Dawa County was reported to the police when she was clarifying the truth. At about 10:00 a.m. on August 6, 2006, Ms. Zhang was arrested by police officer Li Jianfeng (male) from the Qingshui Police Station, who illegally broke into Ms. Zhang Houxiang's home and took Ms. Zhang away. Ms. Zhang is currently being held in the Dawa County Detention Center where she is being tortured. When her family members went to the police station to ask for her release, the police station refused.
Phone number of Qingshui Police Station: 86-427-8873110
Police officer Li Jianfeng (male): 86-13898725188 (Cell)
20. [Sichuan Province] Brainwashing Center of Wanyuan City Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
Between August 13 and August 24, 2006, the CCP Committee of Wanyuan City, the 610 Office and the State Security Division together arrested ten Falun Dafa practitioners and took them into the Wanyuan City Continuing Education School, which contains a brainwashing center. As soon as an arrested practitioner enters the brainwashing center, there is a person there to follow the practitioner closely twenty-four hours a day, eating together and living together, and constantly trying to brainwash the practitioner and have them give up practicing Falun Dafa. Within the brainwashing center, there are more than twenty "managerial personnel" from the Wanyuan City CCP Committee, the 610 Office, the State Security Office and the Public Security. At the same time, six military police officers are mobilized to stand on guard day and night.
Relevant phone numbers:
Director of the City 610 Office, Huang Zhongping (male): 86-13982801873 (Cell), 86-818-8627557 (Home)
Deputy director of the city 610 Office, Hou Congcheng (male): 86-13982881977 (Cell), 818-8621077 (Home); Zhao Chenghua (male): 86-818-8622224 (Home); Ye Xudong (male): 86-13508266773 (Cell)
21. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Supplementary Information on the Augmentation of Torture Towards Practitioner Mr. Zhang Peng
In every prison section of the Wuling Prison of Changde City in Hunan Province, incidents of brutal beatings and brutal torturing of Falun Dafa practitioners are occurring every month. On January 24, 2006, police officers Liu Yongwen (male) and Gao Shibiao (male) from the Fifth Section handcuffed practitioner Mr. Zhang Peng's hands tightly and then pulled the hands towards both sides to try and make a straight line. Mr. Zhang Peng was then hung on the railings of the Fifth Section of the prison for over three hours. After Mr. Zhang was released from that position, his hands could not move for quite a while. On February 23, 2006, several prison guards from this division, including Da Minggui (male), again handcuffed Mr. Zhang Peng, ripped off all his clothes. They then used a hard stick to repeatedly beat him and used their leather shoes to kick him while he was handcuffed and naked. On April 5, 2006, the Director of the Wuling City Court and Changde City Court sent Judge Qin Xiaodong (male) and others to the trial (against Mr. Zhang Peng). Qin immediately announced the verdict of "crime of escaping" against Mr. Zhang Peng, and added one-and-a-half years of imprisonment to his sentence.