According to recent information, the Beijing Haidian Court attempted to bring Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Zhendong to trial on September 13 at around 9:00 a.m. No observers were allowed in the courtroom.

On March 20, 2006, Mr. Liu Zhendong was arrested while posting truth-clarifying materials at Beijing Teacher's University. The university security reported him to Beitaipingzhuang Police Station.

On the morning of March 21, Mr. Liu walked out of the police station with righteous thoughts. The police set up surveillance at his wife's workplace and when his wife left work on March 22, the police followed her and arrested her at home. They interrogated her as to the whereabouts of her husband.

The police set up a trap and arrested Mr. Liu when he came out to make a phone call. They escorted the couple home and raided their house. Mr. Liu's wife was terrified; she repeatedly vomited and almost passed out. The police forced her to sign a paper regarding confiscated items, but she was too weak to sign. They cursed her and took Mr. Liu away, but refused to tell her where they were taking him.

Several days later, Mr. Liu's wife made inquiries and found out that Mr. Liu was held in the Qinghe Detention Center in Haidian District. His wife requested a family visit but it was refused by the detention center.

On April 28, 2006, Mr. Liu's mother went to the detention center, bringing a change of clothes for her son, but was told that Mr. Liu was no longer there. His mother kept asking where her son was. They replied, "We do not know." Later they replied, "He was sent to a labor camp." Mr. Liu's family was extremely anxious about his whereabouts; they went the next day to inquire about him but received the same reply. After making many inquiries, they finally found out that Mr. Liu was held in the No. 2 Detention Center in Beijing. The detention center refused their request for family visits because of the May 1 holiday.

On May 8, 2006, Mr. Liu's wife received a notice of her husband's preliminary trail. Mr. Liu requested a lawyer. His wife tried to find an attorney for him, but no one dared to take a Falun Gong case. She finally found one lawyer but he had to practice within the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) restrictions. The family and the lawyer requested to visit Mr. Liu. The detention center refused the family but allowed the lawyer to visit Mr. Liu. The visitation was monitored by the police and the authorities forbade the lawyer to discuss the trial.

On June 16, 2006, Mr. Liu's family and lawyer again requested to visit him. The request was refused again. They were given the reason that the reconnaissance period was over and they had already transferred all of his documents to the legal department and he was not allowed to visit anyone from that point on. On July 14, they transferred Mr. Liu back to Qinghe Detention Center.

After two months of procuratorate investigation, Beijing Haidian Court attempted to bring Mr. Liu to trial on September 13, 2006; no observers were allowed in the courtroom.

Mr. Liu Zhendong is recognized by all as a kind man. He attended evening college for Economic Management at the Teacher's University in Beijing; he would have graduated the following year. He was forced to stop his schooling in the middle of a semester and his workplace canceled his contract.

He and his wife have monthly house payments to make, and both sets of parents need to be taken care of. His wife is now carrying the full load of responsibilities.

Beijing Judehuatiakonggu Inc.

Tel: 86-10-62024576, 86-10-62024184
Beitaipingzhuang Police Station
Address: 43 Mingguangchun Jia Haidian District Beijing
Tel: 86-10-62250011 86-10-62210111
Beijing Teacher's University Security Department
Address: 19 Xinjiekouwai St., Haidian Districtm Beijing 100875
Security Department: 86-10-58806110 86-10-58808051