Part 1: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/17/78094.html

Part 2: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/20/78173.html

Part 3: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/21/78206.html

Spreading "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance is wonderful" is a "crime" in China

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Qin Yanqiu, 45 years old, used to work at the Taicang City Post Office. Ms. Qin Yanqiu’s husband, Mr. Shi Zehui, taught at Jianxiong Institute in Taicang City. The couple began practicing Falun Gong in October 1997 in order to restore their health, and all of their illnesses soon disappeared. After Jiang's regime began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, they were both arrested and fired from their jobs.

Ms. Qin Yanqiu was sent to a mental hospital in March 2000 and to a forced labor camp on January 4, 2001. Her husband, Shi Zehui, was also sentenced to forced labor for appealing. He was held at Fangqiang Forced Labor Farm in Dafeng. Their young son was left at home alone. Officials from Taicang City spread rumors about them, saying the couple was "obsessed with Falun Gong" and refused to work and ignored their child.

Ms. Qin Yanqiu was secretly arrested on her way to a grocery store the morning of August 19, 2005. Shen Wenbiao, deputy head of Chengzhong Police Station, and two joint defense officers carried out the arrest. Her family didn’t receive any notice, and no officers went to her home, although the fourth-listed point of evidence cited in the verdict is the police home-search record.

Ms. Geng and her family's tribulations

Ms. Geng is well liked in her community, the Minleyuan in the Jiawang District of Xuzhou City, Jiangsu Province.

Ms. Geng and her family members, spanning three generations, had practiced Falun Gong before July 20, 1999. They conducted themselves according to Truth-Compassion- Tolerance, and the whole family was healthy and happy.

The local officials began fanatically persecuting this family after July 20, 1999, for their belief in Truth-Compassion-Tolerance. Ms. Geng’s youngest son, Geng Huaipu, a practitioner, is being held long-term at a labor camp. Earlier this year, three members of Ms. Geng’s family passed away within 35 days due to brutal persecution. After that, local 610 Office agents sent two more family members to a brainwashing center within 100 days.

1. Geng Huaipu was hung from a tree for seven days and seven nights

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Geng Huaipu was arrested by Jiawang District 610 Office agents in December 1999 and was deprived of freedom at a detention center. The court declared his innocence and issued his release one year later. The 610 Office, however, instead of sending him home, operated above the law and openly sent Geng Huaipu directly from the detention center to Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp in Yancheng City.

One year of torture in prison could not make Mr. Geng Huaipu give up his belief. After the one-year term had expired, the "610 Office" again sent Mr. Geng to Huining Brainwashing Center to further persecute him. He refused to wear a uniform in the brainwashing center or do the morning calisthenics. The brainwashing center officers handcuffed him and hung him from a tree branch for seven days and seven nights. Mr. Geng remained determined in his belief. He eventually left the brainwashing center. The officers sent dozens of people several thousand miles at a cost of hundreds of yuan to bring him back, but they failed. Police in Hefei City eventually arrested him when he was posting truth clarification materials. Mr. Geng was sentenced to three years of forced labor. He is now being held at Nanhu Forced Labor Camp in Xuancheng, Anhui Province.

2. 610 Office Agents send son, daughter, and daughter-in-law to a brainwashing center

After Mr. Geng Huaipu escaped from the brainwashing center as mentioned above, the authorities persecuted the rest of Ms. Geng’s family even more severely. They arrested Ms. Geng’s oldest daughter, Ms. Geng Huaishu, and the oldest son’s wife, Ms. Shi Zhongling. They sent both women to Luzhuang Brainwashing Center in Jiawang Township. One year later, they transferred both of them to the Huining Brainwashing Center. Ms. Geng’s oldest son, Mr. Geng Huaiqing, and the wife of her youngest son, Ms. Yang Shuhua, were held as long as six months at a brainwashing center located at the security division of the Xuzhou Mining Affairs Corporation, where they used to work.

3. Three members of Ms. Geng’s family passed away from persecution

Ms. Geng’s second son, Mr. Geng Huaihao, has difficulty moving around, so he was not sent to the brainwashing center. The 610 Office sent people to watch him. They frequently harassed and intimidated him, which traumatized him. He passed away in late February 2006. When Mr. Geng Huaihao was on his deathbed, his family asked the officials to let his brother, Mr. Geng Huaipu, come home so they might see each other for the last time, but Fan Shuyou, head of the 610 Office, turned down the request with various excuses.

Ms. Geng was a target for harassment by groups of officials from the neighborhood office, the security section, the national security division, and the police department, as well as the Jiawang District 610 Office agents and local police station. She cannot recall how many times her home has been ransacked. Ms. Geng has had to live with the reality that her family is being persecuted for their belief. She has also faced repeated ransacking and constant harassment and intimidation. Ms. Geng passed away in March 2006. The family requested that Mr. Geng Huaipu be allowed to attend the funeral, but Fan Shuyou, head of the 610 Office, again refused.

Ms. Geng’s oldest daughter-in-law was tortured to death at Huining County Brainwashing Center on March 22, 2005. Before her death, the doctor confirmed that she had sustained severe beating injuries resulting in a deformed collarbone and two broken ribs. She had lots of fluid built up in her chest as well as numerous bumps and bruises.

Ms. Geng and her second oldest son and oldest daughter-in-law passed away as a result of the persecution within 35 days. Ms. Geng’s three young grandchildren are now orphans.

4. 610 Office repeats its atrocities

The Jiawang District 610 Office, headed by Fan Shuyou, received orders from the Jiangsu Province 610 Office and followed them. They took Ms. Geng’s oldest son, Mr. Geng Huaiqing, and youngest daughter-in-law, Ms. Yang Shuhua, to a brainwashing center held by Jiangsu Province 610 Office less than 100 days following the three deaths in the family.

25 Falun Gong practitioners have died from persecution in Jiangsu Province

Since July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime and the CCP have heaped genocidal policies on practitioners, such as "ruin their reputations, bankrupt them financially and destroy them physically"; "the death [of Falun Gong practitioners] from beatings is nothing and shall be counted as suicide"; "do not identify the person and directly cremate the body."

According to new information, as of July 17, 2006, 25 Falun Gong practitioners have died from persecution in Jiangsu Province. Six are from Nanjing City. They are: Zhou Suzhen, Chen Ying, Chen Jiafang, Wang Fuxin, Xu Taibin, and Ning Peihua; four from Xuzhou City: Shi Zhongling, Zhu Xianghe, Ms. Geng, and Geng Huaihao; four from Changzhou City: Zhou Fenglin, Liao Qinying, Wang Yuqin, and Wu Dianhui; two from Nantong City: Huang Hanchong and Chen Hanchang; two from Huaian City: Zhang Zhenggang and Ge Xiulan; two from Suzhou City: Yu Huinan and Jiang Bingsheng; one from Yancheng City: Zhang Wannian; one from Zhenjiang City: Dong Guiying; one from Wuxi City: Gu Xuejuan; it is not known where another two practitioners, Yang Meizhen and Sun Xiuying, are from.

The following is the partial list of the practitioners who passed away under the persecution.

Practitioner Mr. Jiang Bingsheng was 40 years old and lived in Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province. Even under cruel persecution, he still believed in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance." He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and clarify the truth in 2000 and was sent to a forced labor camp. In 2003, he was sentenced to prison. He was tortured in the Suzhou City Prison and died during the New Year holiday in 2006.

Practitioner Mr. Yu Huinan was 60 years old and lived in the Muxing Residential Neighborhood in the Canglang District, Suzhou City. He was an official of the Suzhou City Science Committee. He participated in the Falun Gong class held in Jinan City in 1994. In late December 2000, officers from the Canglang District Police Department illegally arrested him. His daughters, Ms. Yu Qin and Ms. Yu Fang, were also arrested. In October 2001, Mr. Yu Huinan and his older daughter, Ms. Yu Qin, were sentenced to eight years and seven years in prison, respectively. Mr. Yu was savagely tortured in Suzhou Prison, but he persisted in practicing his belief. After suffering from five years of persecution, Mr. Yu Huinan passed away on January 4, 2006.

Practitioner Ms. Zhou Fenglin, 32 years old, lived in room 502, Bldg. 148A of the 5th Village in the Qingtan District in Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province. Ms. Zhou was unlawfully arrested multiple times after the persecution of Falun Gong started. Ms. Zhou was arrested by Qingtan District Police on November 24, 2000. Although it was winter, the guards forced her to remove her clothes. With Ms. Zhou only in her underwear, they repeatedly poured cold water all over her. The police laughed as they poured the cold water over her, saying, "This is to let you feel warm in winter." Later, Ms. Zhou was transferred to Xilin Detention Center in Changzhou, where she was tortured for 18 days straight. At night she was hung by her handcuffs to a metal bar and forbidden to fall asleep. The handcuffs cut deep into the flesh and her wrists became swollen. During the day she was forced to do over ten hours of forced labor. She was released on December 21, 2000. On December 27, however, five or six police officers arrested Ms. Zhou from her home. She was hung up a whole night wearing only a sweater over her other clothing. The next day she was sent to a detention center. To protest the arbitrary detention and torture, Ms. Zhou launched a hunger strike on December 27, 2000. She was put on the "Forbidden Board" for nine days and hung up for 17 nights. The "Forbidden Board" is the most severe punishment, used exclusively to torture death penalty prisoners. The victim is handcuffed and shackled tightly to a wooden board, so that she cannot move, not even when relieving herself. This punishment is so cruel that after only several hours on the board, most people would rather die than be tortured in this way. On January 8, 2001, other people detained in the same cell with Ms. Zhou heard her miserable cries. Ms. Zhou passed away around midnight on January 9, 2001.

Practitioner Ms. Wang Yuqin, 45 years old, lived in the Laodong Neighborhood, Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing three times to clarify the facts. The first time was in the winter. The police arrested her, stripped her of her coat, and made her stand barefoot on the ice. After she returned to Changzhou City, three groups of people took turns monitoring the front of her building. In 2000 she walked for one month to get to Beijing to validate that Falun Gong is good. She was arrested and held at a detention center for one month. Her husband divorced her after she returned home. In late December 2000, Ms. Wang went to Beijing for the third time. She was arrested, sent back, and sentenced to two years of forced labor at Judong Women's Labor Camp in Jiangsu Province. She endured bad living conditions, physical punishment, sleep deprivation, and other abuses. Her mind and body were devastated. She was released on medical parole in 2001 but passed away on March 13, 2002.

Practitioner Ms. Liao Qinying, 33, was a resident of Xinsheng Village, Lijia Town, the Wujin District in Changzhou City. At 8:30 a.m. on November 18, 2001, local official Zhang Liang, police officer Wang Huaxin, and two others went into Ms. Liao’s home and ordered her to go to the office. They said someone wanted to talk with her and that she would not be long. Ms. Liao did not want to be taken away without a proper reason. The four persons then dragged her into a police vehicle where Ms. Liao died within the hour.

Practitioner Mr. Zhang Wannian, 71, was a resident in Yancheng City. Before cultivation, he suffered from 11 diseases. Arthritis had deformed him and he had difficulty moving around. Within a year of practicing Falun Gong, all the diseases were gone. When he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, he was arrested and sent back to the Yandu Food Supply Bureau’s hostel for forced "reformation." He was not allowed to sit down or rest and had to stand for a long time. After 13 days, the authorities forced Mr. Zhang to pay a 7,500 yuan "case handling fee" and sent him to Nanyang Detention Center in Yancheng City for another month’s torture. Next, Mr. Zhang was sent to Longgang Psychiatric Hospital where he was interrogated and abused for 45 days. Afterwards, Mr. Zhang was sentenced to one year of forced labor. After suffering so much torture, Mr. Zhang started a hunger strike. One week later he became very weak. The police took Mr. Zhang home to shirk responsibility. Mr. Zhang died the next day.

Practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhenggang, 36, was detained by Huaian Police Department on March 2, 2000. On March 25, Mr. Zhang was badly beaten and his head severely injured. He was sent to a hospital and was in coma. On the evening of March 30, the doctors did a cardiogram, which showed that Mr. Zhang had a faint heartbeat, but he was still breathing. Just then about 40 to 50 police officers came in and enforced martial law in the hospital. They dispersed Mr. Zhang’s family and other patients and took the still breathing Mr. Zhang to a crematory and cremated him. The police also forbid Mr. Zhang’s family from conducting any condolence event or seeking justice for Mr. Zhang.

Practitioner Mr. Chen Hanchang was from Qidong City, Jiangsu Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution began in 1999, he went to Beijing many times to appeal. As a result, he was arrested and detained many times at the Qidong Detention Center, Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp, and at brainwashing sessions. His term was extended for refusing to give up his belief. While in the labor camp, he suffered inhumane torture. He was forced to do long-term intense physical labor, such as carrying heavy rocks. He used to be a strong, healthy man, yet he was reduced to just skin and bones. When he was finally released at the end of November 2003, he was in a coma and could not speak. He died three days later.

Practitioner Mr. Zhu Xianghe was 64 years old and lived in Shuguang Village, Guanshan Township, Suining County in Jiangsu Province. Around April 14, 2005, he was arrested and sent to Sutang Brainwashing Center located in Suining County for refusing to give up cultivation. He was beaten to death five days later, on April 19, 2005. Witnesses who saw his body said his fingers and toes had turned black and his eyes and internal organs had been removed—a truly horrific sight. His son, placed under great pressure by local officials, said that his father's body was only missing some internal organs and that the eyes had not been removed. Police said he died from natural causes, but it appears far more likely that they are trying to cover up the truth.

Practitioner Ms. Gu Xijuan was a manager at the Wuxi City Insurance Company, Jiangsu Province. Because she refused to renounce Falun Gong, CCP personnel persecuted her many times. In January 2001 she was arrested by 610 Office personnel and persecuted in a brainwashing center. In 2002 she was arrested again and taken to a brainwashing session at Jinchengwan, where the former Wuxi County Court was located. During this period, Ms. Gu had blood in her stools. She requested a hospital examination, but the 610 Office personnel used various excuses for not taking her to the hospital. Her health drastically worsened. In 2002, Wuxi City 610 Office personnel went to her workplace to harass her. The pressure caused her physical and mental health to deteriorate. She died in September 2002.

A Conscience-Awakened Veteran Police Officer Speaks Out Against the Persecution

On January 6, 2006, Clearwisdom published an article entitled "Huge Lies and Shocking Evil - A Veteran Police Officer Speaks Out Against the Persecution" (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/1/6/68716.html). The veteran police officer said in the article:

"I'm a veteran police officer in Lishui County. All these years, I've witnessed the handling of many Falun Gong cases. I have a deep impression of Falun Gong practitioners' tolerance, goodness, and righteousness, which from another perspective leaves me with the strong feeling that a huge lie is deceiving the Chinese people. The persecution of Falun Gong made me realize the power of the truth of Falun Dafa. My numbed and unconcerned heart finally woke up. The righteous thoughts and righteous actions of Falun Gong practitioners aroused my conscience. After long and intense consideration, I finally decided to tell people some facts that I know, so that people who have been deceived by the CCP media’s lies might wake up and stop negating and persecuting Falun Dafa.

"The following are facts about how the authorities from the 610 Office in Lishui, Nanjing City have persecuted Falun Gong.

"In 2000, when the 610 Office held a brainwashing session in Donglu, they hung Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu to a girder for a whole day. Later they locked her in a small cage so that she could neither stand up nor sit down, but had to bend halfway inside. She was kept this way for several days.

"They tried to violently brainwash Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wu. They shocked her on the abdomen with electric batons, tied her arms to a stick and forced her to be on her knees on the concrete floor outside the door. During scorching-hot days, they exposed her cruelly to the sun for the whole day, resulting in her losing her skin to sunburn. When they saw that Ms. Wu was still determined in practicing Falun Gong, the 610 Office people then abused her more viciously. They sent her to a mental hospital and injected her with anti-psychotic drugs. They ordered a doctor to pierce her mouth with a metal hook, making her mouth bleed incessantly. She didn't yield to the torture. They then continued to shock her. After that, they tied her up on the bed with her four limbs stretched out. They didn't let her go to the restroom. They intended to make her die on the bed. After one day they found that she hadn't died. They then shocked her all over, which left scars all over her body. Ms. Wu fell into coma several times. Her weight decreased from over 140 jin [70kg] to about 80 jin [40kg]. The 610 Office authorities were afraid that their evildoing would be exposed, so they spread rumors that, ‘Wu is psychotic.’

"In December 2000, Ms. Li was arrested for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. Police officers handcuffed her behind her back and forced her to confess to the source of the materials. They kicked her to the ground and trampled on her face and chin, shouting, ‘Torturing to death is acceptable and can be counted as suicide.’

"In 2001, Ms. Li was arrested by persons from the 610 Office and sent to the Fenghuangjing Brainwashing Center in Honglan. The head of the 610 Office ordered her to slander her Master and Falun Dafa. Ms. Li refused. They then beat her with a wooden club. When they were tired they then pinched her and pierced her with a needle. After that, they locked her in a water dungeon. She had to relieve herself inside and was deprived of food and fluids. She was locked in there for two months.

"In 2000, Ms. Peng was "illegally detained" for one month because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. In the summer of 2001, about ten police officers broke into her home to arrest her. Her husband asked them to show proper documentation. The police officers didn't pay attention to him but tried to arrest Ms. Peng. Ms. Peng jumped down from the second floor. She broke her thigh and ankle. When Ms. Peng was lying in a hospital sickbed, the police officers watched her all day long. When she returned home to recover, the police officers often harassed her. Before she completely recovered, at about 12 p.m. one day in May 2001, the 610 Office agents leading a group of policemen broke into her home. It was raining heavily. These persons rushed to Ms. Peng, pushed her on the ground, handcuffed her, and dragged her into a police car. She did not even have her shoes on. Ms. Peng was sent to the police station that night. Later, she was sent to Fenghuangjing Brainwashing Center. She was locked in there for over 100 days, which severely traumatized her, mentally and physically.

"On March 4, 2005, under orders from the 610 Office, more than 20 police officers arriving in four police cars broke into Mr. Zhu's home. Mr. Zhu was an over-50-year-old farmer in Donglu and was steadfast in practicing Falun Gong. They arrested him and his wife, Ms. Wang, and sent them to Fenghuangjing Brainwashing Center. Since nobody harvested the rapeseed and wheat, Mr. Zhu's family suffered a heavy financial loss.

"On March 13, 2005, Ms. Jia, a 54-year-old Falun Gong practitioner, was arrested on her way to sell her produce. They sent her to a brainwashing center and left her two-year-old grandson at home by himself. The vegetables in her greenhouse rotted because nobody took care of them.

"On March 18, 2005, Ms. Cao, a Falun Gong practitioner about 40 years old, was arrested by agents from the 610 Office when she was shopping. She was detained in a brainwashing center for one month.

"On March 30, 2005, a Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Wang, in her 70s and retired, was arrested on the street.

"On April 22, 2005, six policemen carried Ms. Hang into a police car as she was rescuing a patient. She was then locked up in a brainwashing center because she refused to give up practicing Falun Gong.

"Dr. Wu is a retired doctor and a Falun Gong practitioner in her 60's. On April 22, 2005, when she was shopping at an office [supply] store and carrying her three-year-old grandson, four police officers suddenly confronted her. They duped her, ‘You are accused of stealing. You must go with us!’ They pulled the child out of her arms, dragged her to a police car, and sent her to a brainwashing center. The child was so shocked that he didn't talk for one week. Dr. Wu's mother-in-law, over 80 years old, was living with her and lost her care. Her family was severely interfered with.

"Agents from the 610 Office are still persecuting Falun Gong. In the last several years dozens of Falun Gong practitioners in Lishui were sent to prison and suffered inhuman persecution. As a veteran police officer, I have exposed these facts, which are, however, just a tiny portion of all the facts of this persecution."


Some organizations and officials in Jiangsu Province who participated in the persecution:

(1) The Jiangsu Province CCP Committee
Liang Baohua and Cao Keming: deputy secretaries of the Jiangsu CCP Committee
Sun Anhua: secretary of the Jiangsu Province Politics and Law Committee

(2) The Jiangsu Province Labor Reeducation Bureau
Zhang Wenhua: former head of the Jiangsu Province Labor Reeducation Bureau
Tang Guofang: head of the Education Section at the Jiangsu Province Labor Reeducation Bureau

(3) Jiangsu Women’s Labor Camp
Niu Zhongping: camp head
Zhang Yulan: political head
Zhou Ruihua: political head
Xu Xinyan: head of the Education Section
Hong Ying: deputy political head
Li Yun: group head
Zhen Qihui: political head
Cao Chunmei: division head
Zhang Yan: group head
Zhou Ying: group head
Ding Hui: officer

(4) Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp
Yu Haiyong: division head
Ji Hua: political head
Li Xiaoxiang, Wei Honghui, Sun Liming

(5) Nanjing City
Xiao Ningjian: Nanjing City 610 Office, head of the Investigation Section at the Nanjing City Police Department
Gao Honghua: Nanjing City 610 Office, Nanjing City Police Department
Bo Zhenghui: Nanjing City 610 Office, section head
Xu Zhuowa: Xuanwu District 610 Office, head of the Politics and Security Division at the Nanjing City Police Department
Xu Heng: Xuanwu District 610 Office, deputy head of the Politics and Security Division at Xuanwu District Police Department
Qi Changyun: head of the Politics and Security Section at the Baixia District Police Department
Cheng Dongxiao: head of the Xiaguan District 610 Office

(6) Huaian City
Chang Shulin: head of the Qinghe District National Security Division, 86-517-3282569
Zhao Kai: head of the city 610 Office: 86-517-3266893
Fang Ke: head of the Qinghe District 610 Office and deputy head of Qinghe District Police Department: 86-13196975855(Cell)

Jiangsu Province officials who received retribution for persecuting Falun Gong

(1) Zhang Wenhua, former head of the Jiangsu Province Labor Reeducation Bureau, was sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Zhang Wenhua was Politics Committee secretary at the Jiangsu Province Labor Reeducation Bureau, head of the bureau, Party secretary, and deputy head of the Jiangsu Province Prison Administration Bureau. This person avidly followed Jiang Zemin in persecuting Falun Gong during his time as the head of the Labor Reeducation Bureau. He illegally detained and brutally persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. But then things changed. The Jianye District Court in Nanjing City issued a first-trial verdict sentencing Zhang Wenhua to 13 years in prison for taking bribes. The officials confiscated 100,000 yuan of his personal property, and Zhang Wenhua was sentenced to two years in prison for embezzlement. Furthermore, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison for granting unlawful sentence reduction favors as well as release on probation and serving the remainder of a term outside of prison. Zhang Wenhua was additionally sentenced to six months in prison for illegal weapons possession. Altogether, Zhang Wenhua was sentenced to 16 years in prison and his personal property worth 100,000 yuan was confiscated.

(2) Wang Rongsheng, deputy head of the Jiangsu Province 610 Office was diagnosed with leukemia.

Wang Rongsheng, former deputy head of the Jiangsu Province 610 Office and deputy head of the Jiangsu Province Public Security Department closely followed Jiang Zemin in persecuting Falun Gong. He was promoted to head of the Jiangsu Province Judicial Department around the end of 2002 but was diagnosed with leukemia soon after the promotion.

(3) Zhao Xuefeng, former secretary of Huaian City Party Committee, was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Zhao Xuefeng issued an order in 2000 to arrest more than ten Falun Gong practitioners who wrote him letters of petition. Soon he was sentenced to 15 years in prison for taking bribes and embezzling and has since died.

(4) Gong Shuibing, deputy head of the Datun Police Department in Xuzhou city committed a murder-suicide. Gong Shuibing’s wife was diagnosed with terminal bone cancer in mid-November 2005. Gong Shuibing shot his wife to death and then shot himself in the head.

(5) Yang Shuguang, head of the Huining County 610 Office, is suffering from severe illnesses. He had persecuted Dafa practitioners and is now suffering from liver hemorrhage and liver and abdominal ascites, which medical treatment cannot cure. He is suffering at home.

(6) Ding Li encountered a violent and sudden death.

Ding Li lived in Dinglou Township, Lingcheng Town, Huining County, Jiangsu Province. Ding Li played roughneck for Jiang Zemin's group and brutally tortured Falun Gong practitioners. He forced practitioners to kneel outside in the sweltering heat when the temperature shot above 38 C [100 F] while whipping and hitting them. Several practitioners were severely bruised from such beatings. He also pinned the practitioners’ hands down with his hard boots and ground their hands into the floor. He tore up Falun Gong books and Mr. Li Hongzhi’s pictures while screaming, "No one can do anything to me!" Yet, evildoing is punished. He suddenly developed a high fever on February 16, 2004, when he was working in Wuxi City. Having been sent to Huining Hospital he died suddenly later that night, and voluminous black fluid gushed from his stomach. It was five days between the eruption of fever and his death.

(7) Feng Le, police officer from Huining County, died from food poisoning in 2004.

Feng Le from Shuanggou Town, Huining County, Xuzhou City, worked at the Huining County Police Department. He actively persecuted local practitioners and was eventually promoted to head of the Guanshan Town Police Department. He led some people to arrest practitioners and detained practitioners twice at the Huining County Custody Center for several months. Feng Le died suddenly from food poisoning when he was eat breakfast in November 2004.

(8) Feng Jiaqi, deputy secretary of Huining County North Party Division, was hit and killed by a car in 2005.

Feng Jiaqi lived in the Hongqi Neighborhood District in Huining County, Xuzhou City. He was deputy secretary of the Huining County North Party Division. Feng Jiaqi frequently harassed local practitioners at their homes. He arrested them after July 20, 1999, and also detained them. Feng Jiaqi was hit and killed instantly by a speeding car on June 25, 2005. His skull was shattered and his ribs punctured his lungs.