Helping the People of Singapore Learn about the Persecution
(Clearwisdom.net) Since July this year, Falun Gong practitioners in Taiwan have called on the Singapore Government to withdraw the unreasonable charges against local Falun Gong practitioners, and have clarified the truth to each government department. Below is some of the feedback we have received from various circles in Singapore after our truth-clarification efforts.
1. Some court personnel expressed support and were sympathetic to Falun Gong practitioners. They said that in future trials, they hope that religious people or human rights groups would be invited to attend.
2. After hearing practitioners' truth-clarification, a secretary of a governmental department said firmly that she would transfer the message to the Minister and that she had received many calls from overseas.
3. Upon learning that our phone call was about Falun Gong practitioners' request of withdrawal of the charges, an attorney said he would like to help. He said he understood the practitioners' intention. Another attorney said he would like to tell the facts to his friends, and maybe someone would be able help.
4. After receiving our phone calls, some asked for more information via email or regular mail.
5. Some people, after hearing the facts, said that they would like to contact their government on this issue.
6. A librarian kindly listened to a practitioner's explanation and told the practitioner that she is a staff member of a library. She suggested that we contact the courts or lawyers. The practitioner said he would, and asked her to receive an email with further details on this issue and about Falun Gong in general. She said she would be glad to do so.
7. A practitioner called a preschool and the person who answered the phone said that the issue had nothing to do with them and she did not know what Falun Gong was. The practitioner told her that Falun Dafa has spread across the world but the Chinese Communist Party was carrying out an unlawful persecution of Falun Gong and even stole the organs from living practitioners for profit. Singapore practitioners simply want people to know the facts of Falun Gong and the persecution by distributing flyers and conducting truth-clarification events. But the Singapore government has charged them with "assembly without permit." The practitioner said, "I know this phone call might disturb you. But please understand. Please remember that Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance, and Falun Dafa are good. I wish you and your whole family happiness, and peace and happiness for your whole school." The person on the other end of the phone said, "Thank you. Thank you."
Category: Rallies & Protests