(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Yun, a 51-year-old senior police officer, has been put in Luquan City Prison because of her steadfast belief in Falun Dafa. She was arrested, beaten, placed in a labor camp, tortured, brainwashed, subjected to many near death experiences, and was inhumanly persecuted by the Chinese Communist regime.

At noon on August 10, 2006, while Zhang Yun was passing out Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials, she was again arrested by police from the Luquan City Police Station. After going on a ten-day hunger strike, on the morning of August 20 she was unconditionally released. But on the morning of August 27 Ms. Zhang was again illegally arrested at home and detained in Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp.

Since July 20, 1999, Luquan Prison, where Zhang Yun worked, was a place that deprived people of personal freedom by fabricating crimes and having people watch practitioners. They watched her around the clock at work and at home. Later she was taken to Shijiazhuang Prison.

In April 2001 after Zhang Yun was taken from her home, she was illegally sentenced to one year in a labor camp. While in Shijiazhuang Labor Camp she did not give up her belief in Falun Dafa. She was later transferred to Kaiping Labor Camp in Tangshan City, where due to her rejecting forced brainwashing, she suffered relentless torture. She was forced to stand outside during the cold winter, exposed for long periods to the hot sun, deprived of sleep, tortured with electric batons, and tied up and beaten until she passed out many times.

In April 2002, when her illegal sentence ended, she was supposed to be freed and reunited with her only daughter, who was a high school student. Instead she was taken to Luquan City Brainwashing Center for four more months. However, Zhang Yun was still firm in her belief.

On August 8, 2002, she was again transferred to the Capital City Brainwashing Center in Hebei Province, where she suffered even more inhuman torture. She was deprived of sleep for six days and nights so that when she fell over, she lost one of her front teeth, both of her arms were discolored and swollen, and she was forced to drink a pint of hard liquor. She firmly rejected the brainwashing, even though they tried to manipulate her with different tricks to coerce her into writing a guarantee statement.

1. From Workplace to Labor Camp -- "There is no law governing how to handle Falun Gong issue."

On April 20, 2001 at 11:00 a.m. Zhang Yun was escorted from her work place by two policemen from the 610 Office and directly taken to the No. 4 group in Shijiazhuang Labor Camp. It was not until her arrival at the labor camp that she was allowed to see the so-called "sentence paper." When she asked them why she had been arrested, the answer was, "Handling Falun Gong issues needs not obey any law."

2. Tortured Repeatedly, Even After Being Injured

When Zhang Yun arrived at the No. 4 group on April 20, she was led to the dining room. Under the direction of team leader Shang Changming (currently retired), political secretary Zhang Shuangqin, labor camp political secretary Li Aiguo (later he was transferred to the Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center), Zhang Yun was forced by guards Geng Xingjun, Zhou Yilin, and Pei to write a "guarantee statement" to renounce Falun Gong. When she refused, three guards tortured Zhang Yun for the whole afternoon.

The guards forced Zhang Yun to take off her jacket, leaving her only wearing one shirt. They tied her up and forced her to kneel on the floor. They twisted her arms and pulled them straight back, forcing them up towards her head. The pain almost caused Zhang Yun to pass out. Then as they continued to wrap the rope around and around from her shoulders down, they kept tightening the rope and asking her if she would sign the guarantee statement. Zhang Yun refused to give in while enduring the excruciating pain.

As they were asking her if she would sign the guarantee statement, guard Geng Xingjun inserted an electric baton inside the rope, causing it to sink into her flesh. Zhang Yun had difficulty breathing and her clothes were soaked in sweat. Policeman Geng taunted her, "Aren't you supposed to be pretty strong and enduring? How come you came to be like this in only four minutes and twenty seconds? Your time is a lot shorter than others." As he spoke, the rope was being loosened and Zhang Yun started dry heaving. Geng Xingjun jeered, "You know why we didn't let you have lunch? You would have made the floor dirty if you had eaten."

Those who had been in labor camps have heard about how terrible this rope binding could be. It can interrupt blood flow. When the rope is loosened, circulation can return so rapidly that weaker hearts are unable to take and this can cause death.

Three guards holding rubber-wrapped bats (which contain iron wires inside the rubber that can cause internal injury) pushed Ms. Zhang Yun's face to the floor. Policeman Geng Xingjun began violently hitting her hip with the rubber-wrapped bat. With his every swing he asked, "Write the guarantee or not?" Wondering how long it would take, Zhang Yun kept biting the back of her own hands without saying a word.

Ms. Zhang Yun was unable to get up after all this torture. The guards pulled her up and used electric batons to shock her all over her body. Eventually realizing that the torture didn't seem to be working, they went outside for a little while. About half an hour later, these three guards came back shouting, "The second round now starts!"

Policeman Geng Xingjun said, "Now let's see how you feel, getting a new beating over the existing wounds." Zhou Yilin and Geng Xingjun held Ms. Zhang Yun down on a table on her side, exposing her already swollen hip. Once in this position Pei raising the rubber-wrapped bat and violently hit the injured hip. Zhang Yun couldn't help but scream loudly, her whole body shaking. For the whole afternoon they smashed her hip, and both her legs turned purple and green. It took more than two years to slowly heal her hip, which had two hardened pieces of dead flesh.

3. Small Cell Detention, Handcuffed Hanging

The steadfast Dafa practitioners were detained in small separate rooms. Their trips to the toilet were staggered so that there was no chance to meet another practitioner. Ms. Zhang Yun was in the group headed by Cui Yanfang and Geng Xingjun, suffering long and inhuman treatment. Policewoman Cui Yanfang, 50, specialized in brainwashing, has a twisted mind and enjoys torturing Dafa practitioners. She is know for not allowing them to sleep for days and nights on end, demanding practitioners to remain standing for long periods of time, asking guards to carry out the beatings, writing slanderous words against Dafa, and more.

Ms. Zhang Yun was detained in a small room the size of a double bed, sharing a single bed with an inmate. During the hot summer, mosquitoes and the noise from the beatings of other Dafa practitioners made sleep almost impossible and heart breaking.

One day at dawn, guards brought Zhang Yun to a garage next door. She was handcuffed and hung up, with only her toes touching the ground. Guard Zhou Yilin beat her hip with a rubber-wrapped bat and guard Geng Xingjun hit her with an electric baton. Zhang Yun endured the torture, gritting her teeth.

4. Overwhelmed with Spiritual Torture - Hair Turned Gray Within a Few Days

On May13, guard Geng Xingjun again brought Zhang Yun to the dining room, where tables were set up with rubber-wrapped bats, electric batons, ropes, handcuffs, and guarantee statements. Guard Geng Xingjun said, "If you do not want to write, you could copy one." When she refused, he started to slap her face. As he was slapping her, he said, "I will read one sentence and you write one sentence. If you don't write, I will start torturing you and I'll see if you can take it." As he was screaming, "Write or not?" he began with an electric baton on Zhang Yun's right hand. As her endurance reached its limit and as she was struggling in both mind and body with the pain, she made a copy, against her own will, of the so-called "four promises," and as she was copying them, she was sobbing, "This is not for real and I'm being forced." Guard Geng Xingjun was happy and satisfied, "All we need is to reach the quota of 'transformations.'"

Against her own conscience, Zhang Yun painfully made a false statement. Being coerced against her will, there were no words in the entire world that could adequately express the degree of sorrow Zhang Yun felt. Being extremely grieved, Zhang Yun's hair turned gray within only a few days.

On August 18, Zhang Yun wrote an announcement to negate what she had copied under coercion. The guards threatened her with even more torture, but she was unfazed.

5. Tangshan's Kaiping Labor Camp: Kicked and Struck in the Face

On December 26, 2001, Zhang Yun was transferred to Kaiping Labor Camp, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, where she suffered even more serious persecution. Every day she had to stand for 17-20 hours for four months, causing her whole body to swell up. Her towels and toothbrush were taken away, and she was subjected to repeated beatings and kicking. One time after guard Wei Tao had been hitting her temple and face viciously, she passed out, and came to while being kicked. While kicking her, he was saying, "Get up fast and stop pretending." He always kicked her legs, causing so much pain and swelling that she could not fall asleep. Police Captain Wang Ping viciously slapped Zhang Yun in the face, causing dizziness and making her unable to hear things clearly.

On February 12, 2002, Zhang Yun was ordered by guard Wang to stand outside from 6:00 a.m. until midnight, not allowing her to put on clothes or shoes. This caused her toes to go numb for eight months. One day guards Wei Tao, Wang Ping, and Wang were plotting to get Zhang Yun's fingerprints on a blank piece of paper so that they could write a letter of "transformation," thus getting some reward money for surpassing "transformation quotas." Zhang Yun firmly refused to cooperate. These guards hurt her hands by slicing many lines into her skin and drawing blood. In the end, they were still unsuccessful.

Even though Ms. Zhang Yun's one year term in the labor camp had expired, the 610 Office once again illegally extended her detention to have her directly transferred to the brainwashing center for another year.

6. Jiang Zemin's Gang Creates Human Tragedy

On April 17, 2002, three days prior to the end of her sentence, Zhang Yun was transferred by Luquan City's 610 Office to the Luquan City's brainwashing center for four more months. During this period, Zhang Yun went on a hunger strike to protest the extended detention and was subjected to intense forced feeding, among other forms of persecution. Policewoman Cui Yanfang from Shijiazhuang Labor Camp, though retired, was in charge here, and still exerted her authority to persecute Dafa practitioners.

Guards brought Zhang Yun's family to try to persuade her to give up Dafa. When Zhang Yun saw her daughter crying such heart-wrenching sobs, she could not help but cry herself.

Zhang Yun's 16-year-old daughter, a high school student, had to do all her own cooking and laundry along with her school work. Her poor health was reflected in her swollen legs, and her grades suffered. During the two hour visit she said only one thing to her mother, "Come home Mom, I miss your delicious noodles." Zhang Yun said to her, "You have to be strong. The road Mom is on is righteous and not wrong. It's Jiang's group that persecutes good people for no good reason." At the time, Zhang Yun was also telling the police around them, "You created this pain, sooner or later you'll have to pay for it. It's a celestial law that everyone is held accountable for their actions."

It is Jiang's gang that created this human tragedy. On the one hand, they arrested Dafa practitioners to persecute them, but on the other, they say that Dafa practitioners do not look after their families.

7. Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center: Days and Nights of Brainwashing, Forced to Drink Hard Liquor

Four months later, on August 9, 2002, Zhang Yun was again transferred to Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center for another eight months. Here the way they persecute people is outrageously vicious. They degrade our Teacher's picture, force people to continuously watch fabricated videos, deprive practitioners of sleep, use former practitioners who have turned against Dafa to engage in brainwashing day and night, force practitioners to drink hard liquor, confine people to their rooms, and use two people to stand watch around the clock to make sure that practitioners cannot go to sleep.

On September 3, 2002, Zhang Yun had already gone through two weeks without sleep (in between there was a one day break). On September 3, Zhang Yun was dizzy many times, but she was not allowed to sit down because the chairs had been taken away. Under the supervision of two former practitioners, she was told to walk around without stopping. After midnight Zhang Yun passed out and fell to the ground. When she woke up, the room was full of guards. Zhang Yun's mouth was full of blood and it was smeared all over her. Her front teeth were loose and her gums were receding. Even now she cannot fully use her front teeth, and it also affects her speech. Zhang Yun questioned them, "If I should die, what would you tell my family and society?" One guard replied, "That's easy. We'll just say you died of a stroke." Guard Kong Fanyun said, "We'll have a show on T.V. about how you committed suicide."

On December 24, 2002, guards Kong Fanyun, Yuan Shuqian, and three security guards were holding Zhang Yun down, forcing her to drink hard liquor. Guards Yuan Shuqian and Kong Fanyun pushed Teacher's picture underneath her foot and hip, and they forced a pen into Zhang Yun's hand to write words insulting Teacher. This kind of persecution caused Zhang Yun to vomit and she was unable to eat anything for three days, making her sick to her stomach and dizzy for quite awhile.

On April 4, 2003, after suffering for two long years, Zhang Yun finally left the den of evil. But on August 10, 2006, at noon, while clarifying the truth about Falun Gong on the street, she was again arrested by police. She is now being held in the 5th group of the Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp.

Currently there are thousands of Dafa practitioners being illegally detained in prisons, labor camps, and brainwashing centers suffering inhuman persecution, and some even tortured to death. Since March 2006, overseas medias have been reporting on and exposing the Chinese Communist Party harvesting organs from living Dafa practitioners and selling them for money, and then incinerating the bodies to cover up the crime. The situation is extremely urgent. We call upon everyone to help us stop the Chinese Communist Party from murdering good people.

Concerned agencies and individuals:

Shijiazhuang Labor Camp: 486 Taihua Street, Shijiazhuang City, Post#: 050000


Li Aiguo, Transfer to Labor Camp from Shijiazhuang Brainwashing Center: 83-311-87707238, 96-311-87796666-65871, 86-311-87754007-78001 (office), 86-13930122751 (cell), 86-87786216 (home)

Zhao Yunlong, political secretary of labor camp, responsible for persecuting Falun Gong: 86-311-87754007-78002 (office), 86-13930122752 (cell), 86-311-878-33516 (home)

5th Platoon, captain Geng Manli: 86-311-877-54007-78480 (office), 86-311-87770327 (home), 86-13831182778 (cell)

Assistant captain Qiao Xiaoxia: 86-311-87754007-78418 (Office), 86-311-87725260 or 86-311-87725760 (Home), 86-13013230210 (Cell)

Shijiazhuang Labor Camp 4th Platoon, sub captain Liu Xiumin: 86-13930457181 (Cell) director Liu Junling: 86-13673236378 (Cell)

Li Yong (formal captain of 4th Platoon): 86-311-87754007-78021 (Office), 86-13603119931 (Cell), 86-311-85874247 (Home)

610 Office director of Shijiazhuang City, Liang Jianbin (Comparatively evil): 86-311-85804135 (Home), 86-13653312118 (Cell)

People in Shijiazhuang Luquan:

Detention Center: 86-311-82019934

Director Wang Quanwen: 86-311-82185218 (Office), 86-311-82108805 (Home), 86-13803366935 (Cell)

Deputy director Du Bin: 86-311-82108115 (Office), 86-311-82015883 (Home), 86-13603211292 (Cell)

Shen Lixin (610 Office director, responsible for persecuting Dafa in Luquan City)

August 31, 2006