(Clearwisdom.net) Liu Wenzhong, 52, was the owner of a well-known local department store called, "Good News" in Songshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia. He began to practice Falun Gong in June 1999. His many illnesses soon went away.

After the persecution began in July 1999, Mr. Liu was arrested many times. In July 1999, he was detained for seven days. On May 1, 2000, he was arrested and detained for over one month. In March 2000, he was illegally arrested and taken to a detention center by 610 Office director Jia Aichen and his accomplices. In November 2000, he was arrested again and jailed for over three months. Mr. Liu was also extorted money numerous times.

On the night of October 28, 2001, people from the Sonshan District National Security Brigade and the local police station went to Liu Wenzhong's home to arrest him. They pounded on his windows and tried to break in. Mr. Liu thought they were thieves and he wanted to call the police. However, the group of thugs broke in before he had a chance to call. They arrested Liu Wenzhong, his wife, and two of his employees and took them to a place where the four were beaten and interrogated throughout the night. The following night they were sent to the Yuanli Road Detention Center. Mr. Liu's wife was released a day later after being extorted out of several thousand yuan.

Mr. Liu's department store, which is worth millions of dollars, was forcibly closed, causing a great economic loss (estimated at 800,000 yuan) and interruption to the local people's lives. Mr. Liu's over 20 employees also lost their jobs because of the store closure.

Liu Wenzhong was sentenced to three years of forced labor and sent to Wuyuan Labor Camp to be persecuted. During his detention there the police extorted over 40,000 yuan from him. He was also forced to do intensive labor. Because he refused to be "transformed," he was beaten and subjected to various types of torture. As a result, he was severely damaged both mentally and physically.

On October 26, 2006, Mr. Liu was released from the labor camp. However, even before he stepped into his home, he was arrested again by the local police and sent to a brainwashing class, where he was held for another 15 days. After he finally returned home, he was monitored around the clock. Under such huge pressure and severe persecution, he passed away on July 9, 2006.