(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Li Guixiang. Because I practice Falun Dafa, I was sentenced to three and a half years in the Qinghai Province women's forced labor camp, where I suffered various forms of torture.

In 1999, I had the good fortune to begin the practice of Falun Dafa. I began to follow Dafa's principles, trying to become a good person and always putting others before myself. At the time, I felt I was truly blessed, and I progressed rapidly on the path of cultivation.

Just when I whole-heartedly dedicated myself to be a good person, the persecution began. I could not understand why it was forbidden to be a good person, to practice Falun Gong. At that time I wanted to let the government know the truth about Dafa. So I went to the capital to appeal, which led to my family being separated, as I was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.

In November 2001, while visiting a practitioner in Hainanzhou, I was reported to the authorities. The public security police arrested me and detained me at a detention center in Hainanzhou without due process. I went on a hunger strike in protest, and tried to clarify the truth to them. Several days later, they called in four or five male inmates with a large tube the thickness of a thumb and chopsticks in hand. They held me in a chair, pinched my nose, pried open my mouth with the chopsticks, and inserted the thick tube into my stomach through my mouth. I felt awful and thought I was going to die. I could not speak. It was truly lamentable that they should persecute me so viciously just for wanting to be a good person.

I do not know how I made it through those several days. In northwestern China, it is bitterly cold in the winter. However, the police did not even give me a blanket for a long time. Nine days later, the Hainanzhou Public Security Bureau sent me to the Qinghai Province women's forced labor camp, where I was detained for three years.

The full name for the camp is Qinghai Province Women's Drug Rehabilitation Labor Camp. Here they have committed untold crimes against Dafa practitioners. Practitioner Tan Yingchun was tortured to death here. Fan Lihong and Zhang Xuefeng were tortured until they became confused.

I did not commit any crime; there was no reason for me to follow the various rules and regulations dreamed up by the vicious police. I often practiced the Falun Gong exercises. Director Xiang Jianmei, director of the office of management Duan Hairong (who is now the assistant director), instructor of the 1st division Wang Haijie, instructor of the 2nd division Zhang Wenjing, and official Li Hua incited inmates who were drug addicts to watch over me twenty four hours a day. If I practice the exercises, they would shackle me to the bed with four sets of handcuffs. If I recited Dafa articles aloud, they would beat me up and tape my mouth shut with a towel and sticky tape so that I could not make any noise. In winter, they put me in solitary confinement without any blankets, and only provided me one small steamed bun and a small cup of water a day. They electric-shocked me, cuffed me to the bed by handcuffing my four limbs and not allowing me to use the toilet.

To protest their despicable acts, I started a hunger strike. Ten days later, the prison doctor Chen Qinghua started to force-feed me through my nose. I resisted. They then force-fed me almost twenty times in succession. Later my stomach could not take any food and I vomited blood. Even then, they deliberately left the tube in my stomach for more than a week. When it was finally pulled out, the tube had turned black.

In order to prevent me from practicing the exercises, they tied one of my hands and one of my feet together for several months. I became increasingly weak. At last, they saw that I might not make it and sent me home. Because Falun Dafa is miraculous in healing, I quickly recovered. Falun Dafa gave me a second life.

The worst thing was that the police purposely picked inmates Li Wen, Han Guizhen, Meng Lizhen, Zhang Xiaomei and others to watch over me. They humiliated me so woefully that I could not even describe it in words.

Those were very trying days in the labor camp. I could not bear to think that it had happened. But it did truly took place in broad daylight.

At the end of August 2003, I was once again arrested by the Yunjiakou Security Office for clarifying the truth. I refused to accede to them, and fell down from a height. I was unconscious and unable to move. Once I regained consciousness, they returned me to the labor camp. I once again went on hunger strike. Ten days later, they started force-feeding me. Two months later, prison doctor Chen Qinghua dislocated my lower jaw to force-feed me. The barbarity was impossible for people to stomach.

In 2005, the police plotted a devious scheme. They let me out of the labor camp with my injuries. They secretly assigned two people to follow me, but their scheme failed, so they put me in the Chengdong Mingzu senior home. Later I escaped but was unable to return home, since I was sure to be arrested there.

We are good people who follow the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance. However, we are persecuted like this in China. Today I reveal what I have endured to aid the international investigation committee.

Officials in Qinghai women's labor camp:

Director: Yang Guifang

Assistant director: Xiang Jianmei; Duan Hairong

Instructor: Wang Haijie (now it is Xu Zhenghua); Zhang Wenjing; Wang Junli: Li Hua

Others include: Qian Zhihong, Hao Zhipeng, Liu Xia

Formal director Li Caihong: 3964525 (now in the clinic)

July 19, 2006