(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Yequan, after being illegally imprisoned in the forced labor camps of Daqing City and Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province, held a nine month hunger strike in order to protest his persecution. He was released for medical care on July 6, 2006. He was received by his work unit and family members. After his release, he was extremely emaciated due to the tortures at the forced labor camps, and his body was full of scars.

Falun Gong has been severely persecuted in China for seven years. It is fortunate that Mr. Li Yequan was able to come out alive. However, there are thousands of Falun Gong practitioners currently experiencing vicious physical torture and brutal spiritual enslavement. They are even being used living organ donors in the police stations, detention centers, forced labor camps, prisons, brainwashing centers, mental or other hospitals, and even some secret places which are unknown to the world. There are thousands of Falun Gong practitioners who are being treated unfairly mentally, personally, or financially by their work units and other offices. There are also countless families who have lost their property, been forced to flee their homes and/or lost family members.

We urgently appeal to all just organizations and kind people around the world to extend their helping hands. Try your best and request that all levels of the Chinese government offices, 610 Offices, law enforcement agencies and other offices, organizations, corporations and individuals who have been involved in the persecution of Dafa practitioners stop the killing immediately. Stop the tortures immediately, stop the political, economical, and physical persecution of Falun Gong practitioners immediately.

The following four photos show Li Yequan's health condition during his nine-month hunger strike protesting his illegal arrest and imprisonment at the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp.


Mr. Li Yequan, 38, is an employee of the Bullet Factory at Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in September 1996 and has since been living by the principles of "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance." He has been well recognized as an exceptional cadre at the factory. Because of his achievement in technology research and development, the factory planned to promote him from Assistant Director of the Workshop to the Factory Manager in charge of technology.

But on July 20, 1999, China irrationally started to persecute Falun Dafa. Like other Falun Gong practitioners, Mr. Li Yequan was brutally tortured mentally, physically and economically. His family experienced huge losses and his work unit also experienced huge losses for not being able to use a technical expert like him. He has been illegally imprisoned, detained, sent to forced labor camps and brainwashing centers, extorted financially and tortured brutally.

Mr. Li Yequan was arrested by police officers from the Daqing City Saertu Public Safety Sub-bureau on September 23, 2005. He was illegally sentenced to forced labor and imprisoned at the Forced Labor Camp in Daqing City. He started a hunger strike in order to protest the persecution and tortures. The guards at the forced labor camp force-fed him three times every day and cruelly tortured him. When doing the force-feeding, the guards ordered six inmates to hold him down. One person held his head, four persons each held one of his limbs, and another person sat on his chest. This torture made Mr. Li lose consciousness right away. This torture caused his left eyebrow to bleed, and the skin there was scrapped off and showed a big scar.

The guards at the forced labor camp used screwdrivers which were bent into a bow shape in order to pry his mouth open. They pried his mouth open and force-fed him with wine. They knew very well that practitioners would not drink alcohol, but they purposely chose this vicious method to torture Dafa practitioners. Mr. Li Yequan's throat and esophagus were damaged due to the insertion of the feeding tube, but the guards continued torturing him. Once the deputy leader of the First Group, Wang Yingzhou and the forced labor camp doctor mixed a large amount of white wine into a corn paste. They force-fed Mr. Li Yequan with that paste and made him drunk. Then Wang Yingzhou used a high-voltage electric baton to shock Mr. Li's mouth, heart and hands. His hands were burned and developed scars that are still clearly visible today

Before the New Year of 2006, Wang Yingzhou ordered four inmates including Zhou Dongming and Wang Yu to drag Mr. Li out of his bed in the middle of the night. He only wore his pajamas and they forced him to stay in the freezing cold outside for half an hour. They did not let him come in until his whole body started to twitch.

Wang Yingzhou tried to come up with different vicious methods to torture Dafa practitioners. Once he ordered the same inmates to again drag Mr. Li Yequan into a bathroom while he was still sleeping in the middle of the night. They took his clothes off and poured cold water on his head. They poured more than ten buckets on him until he had difficulty breathing and was shaking terribly.

In addition to these vicious physical abuses, personnel at the Forced Labor Camp in Daqing City also tortured Mr. Li Yequan mentally. Wang Yingzhou ordered inmates Zhou Dongming and Wang Yu to tape Teacher's photo to the bottom of Mr. Li Yequan and forced him to sit on it. They also taped posters slandering Falun Dafa on top of his bed, which forced him to see them whenever he opened his eyes. The guards also often forced him to watch the evil video tapes that slandered Dafa, as they tried to brainwash him.

On March 17, 2006, Mr. Li Yequan and other Falun Gong practitioners were transferred to the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp, which was designated as the Falun Gong "Transforming" Center for Heilongjiang Province. More than sixty male Dafa practitioners are imprisoned there now in the Second Group. The Second Group has two squadrons. The First Squadron forced people to package toothpicks and the Second Squadron forced people to make clothes. People were forced to work more than ten hours per day. Dafa practitioners were put into different dormitory rooms. Each room had two to three "personal cangues" (1) and five to six Dafa practitioners. Dafa practitioners were not allowed to talk or interact with each other, not even with the practitioners in the same room.

Mr. Li Yequan was sent to the "strictly watched group." When he arrived, guards used high-voltage electric batons on his hands and feet and ordered four personal cangues to monitor him around the clock. Two guards (the leader of the First Squadron of the Second Group Zeng Lingjun and guard Chen Kaiqiang) were assigned to be in charge of him. They tied his hands, ordered his personal cangues to monitor him, put earphones on his ears and played tapes which defamed Dafa for six hours every day.

The deputy director of the forced labor camp Meng Yan threatened Mr. Li Yequan, "It has been ordered that you should die at the hospital, not at the forced labor camp. We are not responsible for your death. We have already made a mistake by releasing Mr. An Senbiao (Dafa practitioner from Daqing City) on medical leave. We will not make the same mistake again." The leader of the Second Squadron of the Second Group, Diao Xuesong scolded Mr. Li Yequan badly, "Why do you continue to hang on here? If you want to die, then do it quickly. Don't stretch out the time for dying." The political instructor of the Second Group, Gao Zhonghai came to Mr. Li Yequan's dormitory room and instructed his personal cangues, "Yell in his ears every night at midnight. I guarantee that he will be insane after a month." Then he said viciously to Mr. Li Yequan, "I can't guarantee that you can get out of here, but I can guarantee you that you will be disabled here."

A month before Mr. Li Yequan was released for medical care outside the forced labor camp, guard Gao Zhonghai told him, "Other Dafa practitioners take the force-feeding tube out when they are on a hunger strike. We did not tie up your hands, why didn't you take it out? You are not a real Dafa practitioner. If you are really good, take the tube out. Then I can tie you up, wrap your whole body with a white cloth, tie it straight and your whole body can not bend. I guarantee that you will be released after a month. If you do not get out, I will quit." Actually he already knew that Mr. Li Yequan would be released after a month. He only said that in order to torture him more. He wanted to disable him before he was released.

The leader of the First Squadron of the Second Group, Zeng Lingjun beat and scolded Mr. Li several times. He slapped his face and throat with chopsticks, stepped on his ankles with heavy boots, and burned his hands with cigarette lighters. His fingers were burned and covered with inch-long blisters. The scars are still visible today. Claiming to help Mr. Li to exercise, he ordered personal cangue Gao Yun to open his two legs and forced him to sit with both legs stretched out until he was unable to breathe due to the pain. They continued this three times until Mr. Li lost consciousness.

The personnel in the forced labor camp at Suihua City extended Dafa practitioner's labor terms, and beat and scolded them at will. Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Jingdong from Daqing City started a hunger strike in protest of his illegal torture. He was put into a solitary confinement cell by guards Gao Zhonghai, Zeng Lingjun and Chen Kaiqiang. Then they used three high voltage electric batons on his private parts. This caused him to be incontinent and he has to use the bathroom every half hour. There is still much more information that we are not able to gather and expose.


(1) Personal cangue: The name of an instrument of torture, is now used to indicate the person who is designated to monitor the activities of practitioners.

July 8, 2006