(Clearwisdom.net)Practitioner Mr. Deng Weinan, previously called Deng Weiguo, was from Qianchanglinzi, Wuxing Village, Lincheng Township, Bayan County, Heilongjiang Province. In August 2001, he was persecuted to death at the Daoli Division of the Harbin City Public Security Bureau.

Around 8:00 p.m. on July 31, 2001, a gang of policemen from Harbin City and Bayan County illegally arrested Mr. Deng in his rented apartment. He was brought to the Falun Gong special task team on the twelfth floor of the Daoli Division of the Public Security Bureau to be persecuted. On the morning of August 1, Mr. Deng was persecuted to death. The police announced to the public that he had committed suicide by jumping out of a window and incinerated his corpse hurriedly. Mr. Deng was only 26 years old.

Mr. Deng Weinan was afflicted with many diseases since he was young. He was previously diagnosed with septicaemia and was miraculously cured after starting to practice Falun Dafa in 1995. He was a laborer in Harbin City. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Deng was arrested on several occasions by the local police. He was imprisoned, threatened, and persecuted.

In October 1999, Mr. Deng went to Beijing with fellow practitioners from Harbin City in order to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but was arrested by policemen from the Dalan Police Station at their hotel in Beijing. Zhang Xuedong, chief of the Lincheng Village Police Station in Bayan County, Heilongjiang Province, extorted the village government where Deng resided out of 5,500 yuan in "transport costs" to go fetch Mr. Deng. Furthermore, while Deng Weinan was imprisoned in Bayan County, Zhang lead a gang of police to extort 3,000 yuan in cash from Mr. Deng's family without providing any warrants.

In the summer of 2000, Mr. Deng was returning home from Harbin City but was arrested in Wuxing Village by Lincheng Police Station policeman "Xing" (the officer's real name is not known; he is the third son in his family) and taken to the Bayan Police Station once again. He was imprisoned for another two and a half months. Thereafter, these gangs of police constantly went to Mr. Deng's home to harass his family, causing his parents to live in constant fear and terror.

On the eve of July 20, 2000, Mr. Deng was once again arrested and imprisoned, this time for more than three months.

On July 31, 2001, not long after Deng Weinan went to two fellow practitioner's rental apartments in the Nan'gang District, more than 10 police broke in and arrested all three practitioners and took them to the Daoli Police Station where they were imprisoned. The next morning the police announced that Mr. Deng had jumped off the building.

On August 3, 2001, Zhang Xuedong from the Lincheng Village Police Station drove to Deng Weinan's house once again saying that Mr. Deng was requesting to see his father and brother. His family had already sensed that something had gone wrong by then. Bureau Chief Tang and another man surnamed Wu from the Bayan County Public Security Bureau Division brought Mr. Deng's relatives to the Daoli Division Office and pointed at the window from which Mr. Deng had supposedly jumped. The window was on the twelfth floor and anyone who jumped would surely have broken all of his or her bones. However, when Deng's family members asked to see Mr. Deng's body, the policemen refused them, using all sorts of excuses.

That afternoon, police officer Zhang Shusen brought Mr. Deng's relatives to the Yaziquan Detention Center in Gu Township, Harbin City. They said that they would only allow them to see Mr. Deng's body for a quick second just to confirm his identity. When the worker pulled out a large drawer with Mr. Deng's body inside, his relatives saw that his body was totally intact. Only his head was covered in a black plastic bag. After opening the bag, they saw that it was Mr. Deng and noticed that there were no bruises at all on his face. However, pieces of bone at the back of his skull had caved in and his clothes were gone. His family members became suspicious: it does not make sense to only break the back of one's skull after jumping down from the twelfth floor. However, the policemen dragged the family out of the room without allowing them another look.

On August 6, Mr. Deng's family members picked up a notification letter to cremate Mr. Deng's body. The notice had been thrown into their backyard by a policeman. The next day, the county and village police station drove a car to attend Mr. Deng's autopsy.

At a heavily guarded location, many policemen and forensic personnel crowded around Mr. Deng's body, listing his injuries, but they did not allow his relatives to get close to see the body at all. His relatives were even prohibited from crying.

After the autopsy, the police covered Mr. Deng's body in a large plastic bag and threw it onto the car before driving off in a hurry. Mr. Deng's mother fainted, and her relatives hurriedly tried to revive her. She came to after all the policemen and forensic personnel had gone.

The policemen known to have participated in the persecution of Deng Weinan include Li Jun from Bayan County, as well as Guan Xin, Liu Gang, Yuan Weijie, and Chen Weijie from Harbin City, Daoli Division.