Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Gao Yuqin was 66 years old and lived in Jilin City, Jilin Province. She was a pharmacist employed by the Jilin City Hemorrhoids Hospital, and was regularly harassed by policemen, 610 Office agents, and the neighborhood administrators. She went to Beijing to make an appeal on behalf of Falun Gong at Tiananmen Square and was arrested and detained in the Jilin City Detention Center for more than one month. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor at the beginning of November 2000 and served in the Sixth Ward, Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City.

During her time doing forced labor, due to severe living conditions, she became extremely thin and developed severe heart and brain problems. Her family spent more than 10,000 yuan and did everything they could to bail her out on medical parole at the end of December 2000, after she served four and a half months.

After returning home, policemen from Xiangyang Station, neighborhood administrators, 610 office members, and State Security agents kept harassing her at home. In June 2002, four people from the neighborhood administration stormed into her home and took away her Falun Dafa exercise tape that was in the stereo. Xiangyang Police Station Head Xia Yongbin (male) and 610 office members often came to her door to harass her, causing both mental and physical damage, which made her become very weak. She was often forced to leave home to avoid being arrested.

In January 2004, Ms. Gao went to distribute truth clarifying materials with fellow practitioners. They were reported and arrested by policemen from Longtan Station, and detained in a wire cage for three days. Her family spent several thousand yuan to have her released.

Due to living in such a severe environment for a long period of time, being arrested and threatened repeatedly by police and 610 office members, and having her home ransacked, her mental and physical health was severely damaged, causing her kidney disease to reoccur. She died on March 19, 2006.