(Clearwisdom.net) Police arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Lei Yangfan from Changsha City on the afternoon of June 2, 2006, and also searched his home. Soon afterwards, he was locked in the No.1 Detention Center in Changsha City. He was released on June 9 as the result of the intervention of urgent rescue efforts.

On July 2, 2006, Mr. Lei was delivering truth-clarification materials in the Hunan Land Tax Bureau dormitory located in Tujiachong, Changsha City. A security guard spotted him through the surveillance system and reported him to the police. Agents from the Dongtang Police Station and from the Yuhua District Police Department arrested Mr. Lei and put him in Changsha's No. 1 Detention Center. He regained his freedom after a seven-day hunger strike.

Mr. Lei was previously held in a forced labor camp for two years. His wife, Ms. Zhou Pinjun, was also illegally sentenced to a seven-year term just because she practiced Falun Gong. She is still in Hunan Women's Prison.

Mr. Lei, 31, lives in Building 19, East Residential Area of the Hunan Provincial Government. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and greatly benefited. He was originally an official with the Hunan Branch of the Bank of China. His colleagues and superiors highly praised his work performance and kind character. Prior to the persecution of Falun Gong, with his superiors' support, Mr. Lei once held a class at work with video lectures given by Master Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong, so that more people would learn the wonders of Dafa.

On July 20, 1999, the official persecution of Falun Gong in China began. Mr. Lei went to Beijing twice that year, in July and October, to appeal and report to the government the fact that Falun Gong brings numerous benefits and doesn't do any harm to society. The regime did not reply to Mr. Lei's appeal. Instead, he was twice illegally detained for his appeal. On one occasion the detention lasted seven days. The other time it lasted one month.

At that time, to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their beliefs, the Jiang regime implemented the policy of implicating practitioners' workplaces. If a place of work had practitioners who went to appeal, that employer would be implicated. Faced with this, Mr. Lei quit his job so as not to implicate his work unit.

In April 2000, some of the Falun Gong practitioners in Changsha held an experience sharing conference. Police, however, interrupted the conference. Many practitioner attendees were arrested. Mr. Lei Yangfan was one of them. Later he was sentenced to a two-year term in a forced labor camp. His wife was by then already several months pregnant. During his detention in the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha, Mr. Lei suffered all sorts of physical torture and mental torment. His term was also extended. In these severe circumstances, Mr. Lei still clarified the truth to people around him with a strong and assertive attitude.

In June 2002 Mr. Lei was released from the labor camp. But in August 21, 2002, his wife Zhou Pinjun, also a practitioner, was arrested from home by police from the Sifangping Police Station, Kaifu District Police Department, because she made a banner reading, "Restore the Innocence of Falun Dafa." At that time, their daughter had just celebrated her second birthday and the family had been reunited for only two months. The family was unmercifully broken up again. Ms. Zhou Pinjun was sentenced to a seven-year term and is now in the Women's Prison in Hunan Province.

During the afternoon of June 2, 2006, Mr. Lei was reported to the police when he was delivering truth-clarifying materials. He was arrested and his home was ransacked by two policemen, Ou and Cheng. Soon afterwards, Mr. Lei was sent to the No. 1 Detention Center in Changsha and detained.

Only the couple's five-year-old daughter, Hanhan, and Hanhan's grandparents remain at home. When Hanhan was born her father was in detention. When she was just two years old her mother was arrested and left her. Now her father has once again been arrested. Little Hanhan has suffered so much so soon. Mr. Lei's parents, who are already over 60, not only need to look after their young granddaughter, they also need to take care of Mr. Lei's sister who is mentally impaired. The two seniors are exhausted from all the suffering.

Mr. Lei's mother-in-law, Ms. Zhou Yuying, who is now a resident of Taiwan, is also deeply worried about her daughter and son-in-law.

The Dongtang Police Station, Yuhua District Police Department, Changsha City (the agency responsible for arresting Mr. Lei Yangfan.):

Director Wang Jianguo: 86-731-5011563
Political head Yu Dianping: 86-731-5011563
Deputy director Zhou Zhigang: 86-731-5011563
Police officer Ou Guomao: 86-731-5584591
Other police officers Cheng Lizhi and Cheng Yu: 86-731-5584591, 86-731-5525444
Mailing address: The Dongtang Police Station, Yuhua District Police Department, Changsha City, Zip code 410007

Yuhua District Police Department (the upper level agency of the Dongtang Police Station):
Director general Ye Jianping: 86-731-5677110-6001
Political committee member Chen Shuguang: 86-731-5677110-6002
Deputy director Liu Mingde: 86-13908455138 (Cell)
Deputy director Jiang Jian: 86-13908466288 (Cell)
Deputy director Wujun: 86-13807487899 (Cell)
Telephone exchange: 86-731-5677110
Another phone: 86-731-5677110-6110
Mailing address: 19 Jinkui Road, Yuhua District, Changsha City

The No. 1 Detention Center in Changsha:
86-731-4620798, 86-731-4622678, 86-731-4625788, 86-731-4628128