(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yu Guolu, 61, was an engineer working at the Baoding City Broadcasting Station in Hebei Province. On July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution of Falun Dafa. After he returned, he was detained by his company for over ten days. In February 2002, he was sent to the Fengzhuang Brainwashing Center where he was detained for a month, during which time he developed high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes. Only after these health problems developed did they release him. In November 2003, people from the Beishi District 610 Office, Hepingli Police Station and Xinhuacun residents' committee broke into his home and took him to the Nanma Brainwashing Center. While detained there, he was brutally tortured. He was once tied up for a week, and the staff pried open his mouth and force fed him with unknown drugs. As a result, his teeth were knocked out and his jaw broken. He wasn't allowed home until April 2004 when he was on the verge of death. During detention, the police forced his family to pay 1,500 yuan every month for his meals. He was given only some rotten vegetable soup and a small bun for each meal. After he returned home, the residents' committee and the police still kept harassing him. His company also came to harass him. As a result, he suffered under huge pressure and lived his life in fear. In November 2005, the local police station, along with Liu Guiran and Xu Jinghui from the residents' committee, once again broke into his home to harass him, causing him to come close to mental collapse. Since March 2002, his company has been withholding 500 yuan from his monthly salary and suspended his job. Due to the long-term persecution, he became very weak. On January 19, 2006, he suddenly passed away.

Ms. Zhou Limei, 49, was a villager from Chaoyang Village, Wulubutie Town, Hulunbeier, Inner Mongolia. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. She went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution shortly after it began in 1999. After being arrested, she was sent back and detained for over forty days. In July 2000, she went to Beijing again, and was arrested and sent back a second time. She was then sentenced to three years of forced "re-education" through labor. In spring 2003, she was released. However, in the fall of that year, she was illegally arrested and sent to a brainwashing class. Under pressure, she wrote a "guarantee letter" against her will. She was devastated, and felt that she had let down Teacher's compassionate salvation. For a long period of time, she could not forgive herself for what she did. The local authorities often went to harass her, causing great damage to her mind and body. In February 2006 she felt uncomfortable and then passed away.

Ms. Qi Guanying, 73, was from Binzhou City, Shandong Province. After taking up the practice of Falun Gong in 1996, she experienced dramatic changes to her body and mind. In 2001, she was arrested together with her husband for telling people the facts about the persecution. She was then thrown into a brainwashing center to be persecuted. In 2005, her daughter Sun Dongxia was arrested and sentenced to five years for practicing Falun Gong, which caused great damage to her mind and body. She passed away on January 25, 2006.