(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zheng Yongguang lived in the Shuangyang District, Changchun City, Jilin Province. He persisted in practicing Falun Dafa. Communist regime officials unconstitutionally detained him five times, and he was twice sent to labor camps. During the first detention at a labor camp he was beaten so mercilessly that he sustained a ruptured spleen. Mr. Zheng required surgery to remove the spleen. During the second labor camp incarceration he developed liver cirrhosis and tuberculosis. He died on March 9, 2006. Following is his story:

Zheng Yongguang was 44 years old and had worked at the Shuangyang Fuel Company. He started practicing Dafa in June 1996. He quit many bad habits after he started conducting himself according to Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance and became a very good person. He volunteered to help other practitioners at a group practice site. After July 20, 1999, Communist Party officials cruelly persecuted him because he persisted in Dafa practice. Some things connected with this persecution are beyond imagination, and some are hidden. Below are some of the cruelties Zheng Yongguang suffered under this persecution in the past few years.

In September 1999, lawless officials monitored Zheng Yongguang's residence twice and then arrested and held him at the Shuangyang District Detention Center for more than one month. On December 13, 1999 he went to Beijing to clarify the truth. Local officials illegally detained him for 15 days.

In January 2000, Zheng Yongguang did the Falun Gong exercises in public and was again arrested and detained for 15 days. In March 2000 he was arrested again, this time from home, detained for 15 days and sentenced to one year of forced labor. He was savagely tortured at the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp. In September 2000, guards Pan Shuqiang and others ordered inmate Guo Huaicheng to beat Zheng Yongguang. They beat him until his spleen ruptured.

Many other Dafa practitioners were injured from beating. The guards feared exposure of their crimes and forbade Dafa practitioners to meet with their families.

In July 2001, Zheng Yongguang, who by this time was released from the labor camp, and other Dafa practitioners clarified the truth and carried with them some Dafa materials. They were arrested by Changchun police and detained at the Tiebei Detention Center for one month before being sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center in Changchun City. Zheng Yongguang held a hunger strike to protest the persecution and safely left the brainwashing center.

In March 2002, police from Shuangyang police once more arrested Mr. Zhen after some Dafa practitioners had tapped into the Changchun cable TV network and broadcast truth clarification videos. He was this time held at the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp for three years in Division 1, where the sanctioned abusers are most vicious. They physically tortured and mentally tormented him on a daily basis. Zheng Yongguang always persisted in his belief in Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. The persecutors barbarically tortured him during several attack campaigns. The guards and inmates stripped him naked and hit him all over his body with the handles of pickaxes. He lost consciousness several times. The abusers poured cold water on him and continued to beat him. Zheng Yongguang could not take care of himself for a long time after this incident.

After three years of detention the labor camp authorities refused to release him because he didn't "reform". They held him for one month beyond his term. By this time, Zheng Yongguang was showing symptoms of severe illness. The labor camp authorities reluctantly released him on March 30, 2005. He was very weak because of the spleen surgery and now suffered from cirrhosis and tuberculosis. He passed away at noon on March 9, 2006. His family and friends are deeply grieved and really miss him!