(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Wang was 62 years old. He was an employee in the Cotton Corporation of the Huangzhou District, Huanggang City, Hubei Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. Afterwards, his partial paralysis from a stroke quickly lessened. Fifteen days later, he was able to walk by himself. Other complicated symptoms all vanished. Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Dafa in 1999. On June 18, 2000, Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth. He was unlawfully detained for over 40 days in the First Detention Center of Huanggang City. Under police instructions, the inmate appointed as the prison cell "head" beat Mr. Liu everyday and brutally tortured him. After he was released from the detention center, the staff from the Huanggang District 610 Office harassed him every holiday. Under the long-term persecution, Mr. Liu Wang passed away on January 9, 2006.

Ms. Lai Xiuxiang was 48 years old. She was an employee in the Explosives Factory of Songyuan City, Jilin Province. She began to practice Falun Dafa in 1997. Before beginning the practice, she had severe illnesses including cirrhosis of the liver. She regained good health after learning the practice. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing twice to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa. On the second trip there, she was arrested and "unlawfully sentenced" to one year in prison by the local police. During her term in prison, she was subjected to inhuman tortures, which lead to the recurrence of her previous illnesses. The police released her when she was in a life-threatening state as they feared they would be held responsible for her death. Ms. Lai Xiuxiang died on December 1, 2001. Further information is to be investigated.

Mr. Zhang Dejun, 34, was employee in the Petroleum Refinery of Songyuan City, Jilin Province. In the summer of 1998, he was hospitalized due to lung cancer. In the hospital, he obtained Falun Dafa. After merely two months of practice, the symptoms of lung cancer disappeared. After July 20, 1999, because he had witnessed many fellow practitioners being arrested by the police, the pressure in his chest suddenly increased. Unable to bear the terror of being persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party, he dared not practice and study Falun Dafa. His previous illnesses recurred. He passed away in February 2000.

Ms. Yan Juan, in her 30s, was a practitioner from Nongan County, Jilin Province. She started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997. Before the practice, no one in her neighborhood dared to take advantage of her because everyone knew how aggressive she was. Afterwards, her temper became good. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began, she was intimidated many times by the police. She was greatly traumatized. In 2001, she went to Beijing with other practitioners to appeal for Falun Dafa. Later, she was again intimidated many times, which caused her to collapse mentally. One night in 2004, she went out and did not return home. Her husband found that she had hanged herself from a tree several hundred yards away from the village. Her family members considered her suicide was due to her insanity. Detailed information is yet to be investigated.

Ms. Wang Shulan, 71, started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. Before that, she was unhealthy for a long time. After she started practicing, all her illnesses vanished. After the persecution of Falun Gong by Jiang's regime began, her daughter was persecuted and unlawfully detained in a forced labor camp for insisting on practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Wang's body and mind were greatly traumatized. She stopped practicing Falun Gong and died in 2003.