Additional Persecution News from China - January 21, 2006 (13 Reports)
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Hu Qingjun Tortured to the Point of Death at the Jixi City Forced Labor Camp
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Illegally Ransack the Home of Ms. Yan Fengzhi from the Lishu District
- [Jilin Province] Mr. Tian Zidong from Changchun Railroad Vehicle Segment Tortured in the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Li Qing Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor, Her Son Illegally Detained for Speaking Words of Justice
- [Heilongjiang Province] Teachers Ms. Wang Xiuhong and Ms. Zhao Juan from the No. 1 Middle School of Shuangyashan City Arrested
- [Changsha City] Current Information on Changsha City Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Gao Jianxin Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Zhou Mintong Arrested
- [Beijing City] Ms. Wu Junying from Daxingwudian District Arrested and Detained Again
- [Shifang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Jiahua Repeatedly Tortured
- [Huachuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhao Xirong Still Illegally Detained
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Wei Yingxin Subjected to Unlawful Hearing
- [Tianjin City] Mr. Wu Zhaoming Still Harassed by Police After Release
- [Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Mr. Liang Runcheng in Kuandian County
1. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Hu Qingjun Tortured to the Point of Death at the Jixi City Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Hu Qingjun has been suffering from long-term torture in the special division for illegal detention of Falun Dafa practitioners in the Jixi City Forced Labor Camp. Currently his body is extremely weak and showing many different types of illness symptoms. The doctors of the forced labor camp recommended his release for medical treatment, but the guard Zhang Guohua (male) wants Mr. Hu Qingjun's family members to first pay him four to five thousand yuan.
Mr. Hu Qingjun originally came to Jixi City to work. His family of four depends on his work as a coal miner. Now his other three family members are left with no source of income. His two children are attending school, one in high school and the other in middle school. Mr. Hu's wife is supporting the children through odd jobs, but police from the State Security Division of the Hengshan District Police Department still constantly go to Mr. Hu's home to harass them and have made their lives very difficult.
2. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Illegally Ransack the Home of Ms. Yan Fengzhi from the Lishu District
Prior to October 1, 2005, Zhang Yingchun (male), who is in charge of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners in the Lishu District Police Department, colluded with several others including Wang Zhongyao (male), the Chief of the Xiandong District Police Station, and illegally ransacked the home of practitioner Ms. Yan Fengzhi. They stole 200 yuan and a bank deposit book, which have not been returned to Ms. Yan. The Head of the Residential Police Station Zhang Ming (male) stole 610 yuan when he ransacked Ms. Yan Fengzhi's home and has been refusing to return it despite repeated requests. Recently he ransacked seven houses and stole a laptop, two printers, a paper cutter and other items.
3. [Jilin Province] Mr. Tian Zidong from Changchun Railroad Vehicle Segment Tortured in the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Tian Zidong, 40, is a staff worker in the Changchun Railroad Vehicle Department. On May 13, 2004, Mr. Tian was reported to the public security department of his work place by his colleague Wang Yuhong (male), to whom he previously clarified the truth and gave a truth clarification VCD disc. After Mr. Tian Zidong was arrested, he was sent to the State Security Division of the Changchun Railroad Police Department, and was taken to and illegally held in the Railroad Detention Center the same night at 11:30 p.m. On June 1, he was taken to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp and illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. On September 13, 2004, Mr. Tian was transferred to the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp, where he has been tortured.
4. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Li Qing Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor, Her Son Illegally Detained for Speaking Words of Justice
Practitioner Ms. Li Qing is from Bairuo District, Wangcheng County of Changsha City. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Prior to learning Falun Dafa, she suffered from an inflamed gallbladder and severe kidney disease, which were not cured after many years of medical treatment. After she started to practice Falun Gong, Ms. Li Qing's health recovered rapidly, and she became the local assistant for Falun Dafa practitioners.
In April 1999, Ms. Li Qing went to the Wangcheng County Government to appeal and was illegally arrested. After July 20, 1999, she was illegally detained three times in the Wangcheng County Detention Center. Once she was illegally detained in the Wangcheng County Monitoring Center. She was "fined" five thousand yuan and was not given a receipt. The Bairuo District Police Station also illegally detained her on one occasion.
On July 18, 2005, when Ms. Li Qing was busy with farming at home, members of the Wangcheng County 610 office colluded with police officers Zhou Cunjian (male) and others from the Bairuo District Police Station to forcibly arrest Ms. Li Qing at home, claiming that she was reported by someone to have been clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. Her son and husband tried to reason with the police officers but were also beaten. Ms. Li Qing's son said, "There is nothing wrong with my mother trying to be a good person." Just because of what he said, the police officers also forcibly arrested Ms. Li's son and took him to the Wangcheng County Detention Center, where he was held for fifteen days and forced to pay a fine of 400 Yuan.
After Ms. Li Qing was arrested, her family members went to the relevant local offices and made requests to visit her and to request her release. All of their requests were rejected. It wasn't until recently that they learned that Ms. Li Qing was already illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor and being held in the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp of Zhuzhou City in Hunan Province.
Ms. Li Qing's home number: 86-731-8506632
The phone number for the Wangcheng County Police Department: 86-731-8062184, 86-731-8175003
5. [Heilongjiang Province] Teachers Ms. Wang Xiuhong and Ms. Zhao Juan from the No. 1 Middle School of Shuangyashan City Arrested
On January 10, 2006, practitioner Ms. Wang Xiuhong, who teaches political science in the No. 1 Middle School of Shuangyashan City in Heilongjiang Province, was arrested by police from the City State Security Division, City 610 Office and City Police Department. Ms. Wang Xiuhong was arrested for clarifying the truth about the persecution of Falun Dafa and of the evil nature of the CCP to her students and was reported by one of her student's parents.
In the afternoon of January 11, 2006, police from the City State Security Department, the City 610 Office, the City Police Department arrested another teacher from the No. 1 Middle School, practitioner Ms. Zhao Juan, without giving a reason.
The relevant phone numbers:
The Procuratorate of Shuangyashan City: 86-46-94262000
The Procuratorate of Jianshan District: 86-46-94272000
The Procuratorate of Sifangtai District: 86-46-94342000
The Procuratorate of the Baoshan District: 86-46-94322000
6. [Changsha City] Current Information on Changsha City Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Gao Jianxin Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor
Practitioner Ms. Gao Jianxin formerly lived in the Songbiandian Residential Building No 14, Room 709, at the Tianxin District of Changsha City. Around April 2005, Ms. Gao was illegally arrested and sentenced to one year of forced labor. Currently she is being held in the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City.
Ms. Gao Jianxin's home number: 86-731-5546347. The last name of Ms. Gao's
husband is Li.
The phone number of Yunan Street Police Station of the Tianxin District Police Department of Changsha City: 86-731-5136375
7. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Zhou Mintong Arrested
Police deceived practitioner Ms. Zhou Mintong into going to the Binjiang Police Station of Guangzhou City on January 19, 2006. Later she was taken to the Chatou Brainwashing Center of Guangzhou City.
8. [Beijing City] Ms. Wu Junying from Daxingwudian District Arrested and Detained Again
Practitioner Ms. Wu Junying from the Daxingwudian District of Beijing was arrested by six to seven police officers from the local State Security Division at 10 a.m. on January 17, 2006. Now she is held in the detention center. Ms. Wu Junying was just released from the forced labor camp one year ago and now she has been arrested and detained again
9. [Shifang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Jiahua Repeatedly Tortured
Practitioner Ms. Liu Jiahua was a staff member from the Education Department of Shifang City in Sichuan Province. Because she steadfastly practices Falun Dafa, she was repeatedly threatened, arrested and held in the Deyang City Brainwashing Center by her workplace, Shifang City 610 Office and the Shifang City Police Department. Recently she was transferred back to and tortured in the Fangting Town Police Station of Shifang City. Ms. Liu Jiahua's mother and three-year-old son are now left at home with no one to take care of them, and have lost their source of income.
The Education Department of Shifang City: 86-838-8202564
Person in charge: Tian Guangwu (male)
The Fangting Town Police Station of Shifang City: 86-838-8885165
10. [Huachuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhao Xirong Still Illegally Detained
Practitioners including Ms. Liu Lijuan, Mr. Zhao Xirong, Ms. Liu Chunmei and Mr. Qi Shuangyuan from Huanchuan County in Heilongjiang Province went to Bajiazi Village in Sujiadian Town to make truth clarification materials on the night of January 16, 2006. They were reported by some local people, arrested and then taken to the Sujiadian Town Police Station by the Chief of the Sujiadian Town Police Station and two other police officers. Mr. Qi Shuangyuan walked away and now has been forced to leave his home to avoid being arrested.
Mr. Zhao Xirong, Ms. Liu Lijuan and Ms. Liu Chunmei were all beaten by the three police officers. Among them, Mr. Zhao was severely injured, with his legs red, swollen and with internal bleeding and half of his face red and swollen. On the afternoon of January 19, Ms. Liu Lijuan's stomach was swollen, and she was sent to the County Hospital for treatment. She had to pay three thousand yuan before she was released. Ms. Liu Chunmei has also been released. Now only Mr. Zhao Xirong is still being illegally detained in the Huanchuan County Detention Center.
Relevant phone numbers:
The Director of the Sujiadian Town Police Station, Xu Daoqian (male):
The Deputy Director of the Sujiadian Town Police Station, Zhao Xishuan (male): 86-13069932999 (Cell)
The Director of the Police Department, Chen Yongde (male): 86-13351861299 (Cell)
The Deputy Director, Guo Baofeng (male): 86-13069933399 (Cell)
Police from the State Security Division, Jia You (male): 86-13029932551 (Cell)
11. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Wei Yingxin Subjected to Unlawful Hearing
Practitioner Mr. Wei Yingxin from Guangzhou City will be subjected to an unlawful hearing in Room 206 of the Executive Department of the People's Court of Yuexiu District, at 8:45 a.m. on January 23, 2006.
12. [Tianjin City] Mr. Wu Zhaoming Still Harassed by Police after Release
According to reliable sources, practitioner Mr. Wu Zhaoming was arrested by the Donghai Police Station of Hexi District of Tianjin City on December 27, 2005, and was released on January 12, 2006. However, police officer Wang Chao (male) and other police officers constantly come to Mr. Wu's home to harass him.
13. [Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Mr. Liang Runcheng in Kuandian County
After practitioner Mr. Liang Runcheng from Fengcheng City in Liaoning Province was illegally arrested, he has been held in the Kuandian County Detention Center. To protest the illegal detention, he went on a hunger strike from January 3 to January 10, 2006. The police have rejected his family's request to visit him.
Relevant phone numbers:
The Kuandian County Detention Center: 86-415-5122857
The Kuandian County Detention Center Director's Office: 86-415-5122021
The Police Department Director's Office: 86-415-5122505
The State Security Division: 86-415-5123582