Additional Persecution News from China - February 9, 2006 (13 Reports)
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Xinyi Sentenced to Three-year Prison Term
- [Ruzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Cai Congliang Arrested While Distributing Truth Clarifying Materials on February 3, 2006
- [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Mr. Zhang Zhiming Arrested Again
- [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Li Ping Arrested Around February 6, 2006, Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
- [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ge Xiuxiang Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Chen Lifang Arrested by State Security Agents from Chongwen District Department, Her Whereabouts Are Unclear
- [Beijing] Ms. Zhang Jinping Arrested
- [Inner-Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Wang Yinghua and Three Other Practitioners Sent to Tumuji Forced Labor Camp
- [Shanghai] Lecturer Wang Wei from Fudan University Arrested, Whereabouts Are Unknown
- [Zhongxiang City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yang Yihua Arrested
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Mo and Two Others Arrested
- [Tianjin City] Information about Ms. Zhang Yunqiu
- [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Deng Lanfen was Arrested
1. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Xinyi Sentenced to Three-year Prison Term
Three years ago, The Chinese Embassy and policemen from the Cambodian Immigration Department deported Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Zhang Xinyi and her husband Li Guojun from Cambodia back to Changsha City, Hunan Province. During this time period, Ms. Zhang Xinyi and her husband Li Guojun had applied for "United Nations refugee" status. After they were sent back to China, police officers illegally arrested and tortured Ms. Zhang and her husband, and the torture is ongoing.
On September 12, 2005, without notifying Ms. Zhang's family, the Tianxin District Court put Ms. Zhang on trial and sentenced her to three years of forced labor. Ms. Zhang appealed to the Changsha City Court. On December 12, 2005, the Changsha City Middle Court rejected Mr. Zhang's appeal, and upheld the same sentence.
Ms. Zhang went on a hunger strike several times to protest the illegal sentence. One of Ms. Zhang's hunger strikes lasted forty days, with only some water to drink each day. She has been transferred and detained at the Women's Prison of Hunan Province. Family members are not allowed to visit Ms. Zhang.
2. [Ruzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Cai Congliang Arrested
Dafa practitioner Mr. Cai Congliang was arrested while distributing truth clarifying materials on February 3, 2006.
3. [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Mr. Zhang Zhiming Arrested Again
In July 2005, police officer Feng Jitang (male) from Maiji District Department in Tianshui City took away 30,000 yuan worth of bank certificates when he ransacked Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhiming's home. After that, Feng Jitang extorted an additional 15,000 yuan in cash from Mr. Zhang. Mr. Zhang was released after many days of torture.
On January 29, 2006, police officer Feng Jitang led a group of people to Mr. Zhang Zhiming's hometown of Xinyang Town in Tianshui City to arrest Mr. Zhang. Four to five fellow practitioners were arrested at the same time.
4. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Li Ping Arrested Around February 6, 2006, Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
5. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ge Xiuxiang Arrested
On January 18, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Ge Xiuxiang from Chaganhua Livestock Farm in Qianguo County, Songyuan City was arrested by police from the Qianguo County Department.
6. [Beijing] Ms. Chen Lifang Arrested by State Security Agents from Chongwen District Department, Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Lifang, 32, lives in Beijing and began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. Ms. Chen had gone to Tiananmen Square to appeal for Falun Dafa many times. In January 2001, Ms. Chen was sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor. At around 4:00 p.m or 5:00 p.m on January 28, 2006, State Security agents from the Chongwen District Department arrested Ms. Chen. Then Policeman Zhao (gender unknown) led a group of officers to ransack Ms. Chen's home. Ms. Chen's whereabouts are unclear now.
7. [Beijing] Ms. Zhang Jinping Arrested
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Jinping, middle-aged, was previously a volunteer assistant in Tiantan Area, Beijing City. Before the Chinese New Year (January 29, 2006), Ms. Zhang was arrested at a store when buying supplies for producing truth-clarifying materials.
8. [Inner-Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Wang Yinghua and Three Other Practitioners Sent to Tumuji Forced Labor Camp
On January 18, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Wang Yinghua (whose body is very weak), Ms. Lu Ling, Ms. Sun Yan, and Ms. Xu Qingzhi (who has been released on bail) had gone on a hunger strike more than forty days, and had been forcefully sent to Tumuji Labor Camp.
9. [Shanghai] Lecturer Wang Wei from Fudan University Arrested, Whereabouts Are Unknown
On December 1, 2005, Lecturer Wang Wei (gender unknown) from the Accounting and Finance Department of the Business Management Institute, Fudan University was arrested at his/her office. Wang Wei's whereabouts are unclear to this day.
10. [Zhongxiang City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yang Yihua Arrested
At 9:00 a.m. on February 8, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yang Yihua from Dongqiao Town, Zhongxiang City was arrested at work by State Security agents in Zhongxiang City, and police officers from Dongqiao Town Station, Zhongxiang City.
11. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Mo and Two Others Arrested
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Mo (around 65 years old) lived at Tianhenan Street, Guangzhou City. On December 18, 2005, he was arrested on the street by plainclothes policemen who were following him. According to what Mr. Mo described before he was arrested, he often found that people were following him.
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Shen (about sixty years old) lives at Haizhu District, Guangzhou City. It was learned that she was arrested at her home around mid-December, 2005.
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou is in her sixties, and lived at the family housing of Huangpu Boat Factory in Changzhou Island, Huangpu District, Guangzhou City. We heard she was arrested at her house during the last ten days of November 2005, and taken to a brainwashing center. The administrators of her workplace, the neighborhood committee, and the 610 Office worked together to carry out this evil deed.
12. [Tianjin City] Information about Ms. Zhang Yunqiu
On December 17, 2005, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Yunqiu from Tianjin City was reported, arrested, and detained at Dagang District Detention Center, where she is still being held. Inside the Shengli Street Police Station, policemen Wang Qingsheng (male) and Wang Qunxin (male) used electric batons and rubber tubes to beat Ms. Zhang.13. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Ms. Deng Lanfen was Arrested Before the Chinese New Year (January 29, 2006)
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Deng Lanfen was arrested before the Chinese New Year (January 29, 2006), and was sentenced to one year of forced labor.