(Clearwisdom.net) Communist regime agents at the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province attempted to compel a more than six months pregnant woman to renounce her belief in Falun Gong. The camp police made her stand on a stool, and then tied her hands with a thick rope tightly to a horizontal girder and kicked the stool away. She hung in midair. The girder was 3 meters high off the floor [more than 9 ft. high]. One end of the rope went through a pulley on the girder, and the police officer held the other end. If he pulled the rope, the practitioner would be hung in the air and if he released the rope, the practitioner would fall rapidly to the ground, landing on her buttocks. The expectant mother was thus tortured this way continuously until she had a spontaneous abortion and was in indescribable pain. The police were even more cruel by ordering her husband to stand by and watch his wife being tortured.

On May 25, 2002, police agents from the Mengzhou City 610 Office and from the police department jumped over the wall into the courtyard of Ms. Geng Juying's house in Luozhuang Village, Chengbo Town, Mengzhou, Henan Province. They arrested the pregnant Ms. Geng without any warrant. To get their bonus for sending her to a forced labor camp and for the camp to accept her, they forced Ms. Geng to have an abortion. When she was in unbearable pain, several policemen looked at her and laughed cruelly. As they watched her abortion they said lewdly, "Aren't you pretty? We just want to watch you have an abortion!" Thus Ms. Geng lost the baby under the eyes of these policemen. Ms. Geng was afterwards sent to the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou and has been incarcerated there until now. (For further information, see a joint urgent appeal sent by the United Nations Special Rapporteur Theo van Boven on 15 July 2004, and the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/5/19/48275.html).

Such unbelievable, shocking and extremely cruel tragedies happen in today's China, committed against Falun Gong practitioners who are persecuted for their belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance."

Falun Gong is a high-level cultivation practice of the Buddha School. In practicing Falun Gong, practitioners perform five sets of exercises to improve their health, and in addition, they pay attention to the cultivation of their morals and integrity as set forth in the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," to be good persons in all circumstances. Falun Gong brings tremendous benefit to individuals, society and the country, without having any negative impact. Falun Gong has spread to almost 80 countries and received over 1,330 awards of recognition from governments and other organizations. Since July 1999, kind and innocent Falun Gong practitioners have been suffering inhuman persecution from the rulers of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

The international society recognizes that the violent infringement against women and children is humanity's biggest shame. Even the Laws of the PRC (People's Republic of China) on the Protection of Rights and Interests of Women state clearly, "Women shall be under special protection during menstrual period, pregnancy, obstetrical period and nursing period." According to article 60 of the Criminal Law, article 17 of Prison Law, pregnant women should not be subject to forced labor. Nonetheless, according to cases of persecution exposed by the Minghui/Clearwisdom website, investigations by the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong, evidence collected by the Global Mission to Rescue Persecuted Falun Gong Practitioners, and investigative reports by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women, Special Rapporteur on torture and Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, revealed something different: Female Falun Gong practitioners are not only subject to stays in forced labor camps and illegal detention during their pregnancy, they are also tortured and forced to do excessive, heavy labor that leads to abortion. Even worse, in order to send practitioners to a labor camp or to continue their illegal detention, lawless officials have forced female practitioners to undergo abortions. This happens throughout China today!

The tragedies listed below that came to light after breaking through the information blockade are only a tiny fraction of numerous incidents during the past six years of persecution.

I. Forced Abortion

Agents from the "610 Office" in Hanzhong, Shaanxi Province Cruelly Kill a Near-term Fetus

Mrs. Zhang Hanyun, 33, a resident of Hanzhong, Shaanxi Province, had suffered from amenorrhea and couldn't get pregnant, even though five years ago the village administration committee had given her permission to have a baby. After practicing Falun Gong for six months her menses became normal and she conceived. Her whole family was immensely grateful to Falun Gong and its founder Master Li.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin's regime launched the nationwide persecution of Falun Gong. The Hanzhong 610 Office staff also persecuted and extorted money from practitioners under the guise of organizing a brainwashing class. Every practitioner who was forced to attend the brainwashing class was extorted out of 3,000 yuan, "to cover expenses." In March 2003, though Mrs. Zhang was pregnant and expecting her baby soon, she was told to attend the brainwashing class. To avoid persecution, she hid with a relative's family, but the Communist regime retaliated further. With instructions from the Hanzhong "610 Office" staff, the Beiguan administrative office closed down her father and brother's construction sites in an attempt to force them to hand over Mrs. Zhang. They also handcuffed Mrs. Zhang's husband to the bridge over the Jialing River in Lueyang County to humiliate him. They eventually illegally arrested Mrs. Zhang and sent her to that brainwashing class. When the staff realized Mrs. Zhang would soon give birth, they took her to an employee hospital 30 km. away where the baby was surgically dismembered. The scene was horrible to witness.

Nine-month-pregnant Woman Injected with Drugs to Induce Abortion - Husband Becomes Blind and Paralyzed - Four-year-old Son Abducted

Mrs. Wang Guijin, a practitioner, lives in Huazhuang Village, Lutai Town, Huaiyang County, Zhoukou City, Henan Province. Her husband, Mr. Song Zhenling, an outstanding teacher, previously suffered from a serious case of Hepatitis B, which persisted despite many treatments. After beginning Falun Dafa practice in 1996, Mr. Song became very healthy.

Since the onset of the persecution on July 20, 1999, the couple has several times been illegally detained and tortured for being steadfast in their cultivation and for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong and about the persecution. The formerly happy Song family has suffered greatly.

On July 19, 2004, agents from the Lutai Police Station in Huaiyang County arrested Mrs. Wang at her mother's house. She was nine months pregnant. The police took her to the Huaiyang County family planning center. Eight men held her down and forced her to have an abortion. Afterwards, Mrs. Wang was illegally sentenced to five years in prison and has been incarcerated to this day. Her father was sentenced to one year in prison for "harboring a criminal," and a neighbor was fined 2,000 yuan for sheltering her for one night.

As a result of abuse and torture under the persecution in the Huaiyang Detention Center, Mrs. Wang's husband Mr. Song Zhenling almost completely lost his vision, his feet were paralyzed and he is emaciated. Nevertheless, he was sentenced to ten years in prison.

Law enforcement agents from the "610 Office" and from the police station's security section also abducted Mrs. Wang's four-year-old son. Mrs. Wang has not heard anything about her son since then. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/1/9/56304.html)

Ms. Liu Zhiping in Yunnan Province was Forced to Abort her Five-month Pregnancy

Ms. Liu Zhiping was an employee at the Transportation Hotel for the Chuxiong County Transportation Corporation in Yunnan Province. After she started practicing Falun Gong, she followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Her health improved and she upgraded her morality. Communist regime agents sentenced Ms. Liu to forced labor in 2000 for upholding her belief and appealing for justice for Falun Gong, and sent her to the Women's Forced Labor Camp in Yunnan Province. In August 2000, Ms. Liu was forced to abort her five-month-old unborn child. The following are details of her terrible experience:

"Although I was three months pregnant, I was forced to stand under the direct sun for long hours during the day. I was assigned to the farm team to do heavy labor, such as picking beans, digging dirt or carrying excrement in buckets on a shoulder pole. At night I was forced to stand for long hours without sleep, or run for long hours around the courtyard until early morning. One day after running until 2:00 a.m. I started to do the Falun Gong exercises. A prison guard incited two criminal inmates to beat me brutally and put me in a solitary cell. I was handcuffed to the bunk bed rails. My body was in an unnatural position and stretched out like a cross for a long time. I started a hunger strike to protest.

My sister was then detained at the same labor camp for practicing Falun Gong. She heard some inmates talking about me and was so sad that she cried. She asked the labor camp to stop the persecution of a pregnant woman. A few days later, the labor camp authorities sent me to a hospital for a camp-ordered, chemical abortion. Because of my righteous thoughts, the medicine didn't take effect. In August 2000, I was then five months pregnant. According to the law, I qualified to be released on bail for medical treatment. But since I refused to renounce my belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, the guard shouted, "Without her being "reformed," there is no way for her to get out of here." I was again sent to a hospital and injected with medications to induce an abortion. I lost the baby." (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/10/6/53186.html)

Mrs. Tang Jinai in Guangdong Province was Forced to Undergo an Abortion and Sent to a Forced Labor Camp

Mrs. Tang Jinai is a resident of Zhenlong Town, Zengcheng City, Guangdong Province. In December 2000 she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested and sent to Zengcheng Detention Center while two months pregnant with her first baby. Pregnant women are protected by the Chinese Constitution and are not to be sent to forced labor camps. That prompted police officer Luo Weijun and other Communist regime agents from the Zhenlong Town Police Station to take her against her will to the Family Planning Office in Zengcheng City. About six men put her onto an operating table, held her down and forced her to undergo an abortion! Against Mrs. Tang's rights, without her approval, and without notifying Mrs. Tang's husband and family, these evildoing people deprived a two-month-old fetus of its right to life. This constitutes murder!

After the surgery, these people took Mrs. Tang back to the Zhenlong Police Station. The personnel there feared that she might die, so they sent her home. Mrs. Tang lay in bed, unconscious. The perpetrators still sent people to monitor her daily. During the 2001 Chinese New Year's Eve, these people deceived Mrs. Tang's family and said they would have Mrs. Tang checked in at a hospital. Eventually they sent her to a Drug Rehabilitation Center. Two months later, since Mrs. Tang refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa, the lawless officials sent her to the Chatou Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province for an eighteen-month term. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/4/23/59988.html)

Four-month-pregnant Mrs. Luo Biqiong was Beaten and Underwent Forced Abortion by Police

Mrs. Luo Biqiong was a resident of Yingshan County, Nanchong City in Sichuan Province. On January 18, 2001 she and her family went to her in-law's home to celebrate the Chinese New Year. At eleven o'clock, while she was sleeping, a dozen police officers from the Lushui Police Station came to arrest her. After detaining her for fifteen days, the police sent Mrs. Luo to a brainwashing class held in a conference room of the Langchi Town Street Administration Office.

Mrs. Luo was four months pregnant at the time, but five thugs took turns beating her. They used their heavy boots to kick her thighs, stomach and her back. They then forced her to kneel down on the ground and used the heels of their shoes to kick her legs. They also hit her face, hands, and head. Mrs. Luo's entire body was cut and bruised, her mouth was filled with blood, her head and hands were swollen, and both her legs turned purple. She couldn't control her bladder and then had a uterine hemorrhage. The police would neither release her nor allow her a change of clothes.

A week later, the torture made Mrs. Luo mentally traumatized and she wrote a guarantee statement. The police still wanted to extort 1,000 yuan from Mrs. Luo's husband, but since Mrs. Luo's family was very poor and could not get the money, the police eventually gave up before releasing her. After returning home, Mrs. Luo soon became clearheaded and realized that she shouldn't have written the guarantee statement. She went to the government office and wrote a solemn statement saying that she would continue to practice Falun Gong. After the officials sent her statement to their leaders, several people came over and grabbed Mrs. Luo, and forcibly performed an abortion on her unborn child. A four-month-old human life was killed!

After 20 days, the police went to Mrs. Luo's home intending to arrest her, but she had already left 17 days after the incident to avoid recapture. Mrs. Luo is still homeless today. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/10/4/53110.html)

Many female Falun Gong practitioners have similar miserable experiences like Wang Guijin, Tang Jinai, Liu Zhiping and Luo Biqiong.

Other Incidents of Forced Abortion

Mrs. Luo Fang in Leshan, Sichuan Province and her husband Mr. Shen Lizhi are both university graduates and were preparing to go abroad. On February 1, 2002, officials from Yingmenkou Police Station arrested the couple on a No. 75 Bus in Chengdu City. They claimed the couple carried Falun Gong materials with them and detained them at the Chengdu Detention Center. Mr. Shen Lizhi was tortured to death one month later. Mrs. Luo Fang was eight-months pregnant at the time of her arrest, and the perpetrators from the 610 Office forced her to have an abortion. They released Mrs. Luo on May 28, 2002, in very weak health. On December 5, 2002 she was arrested again. She was tortured and illegally sentenced to twelve years in prison. They sent Mr. Luo to the Chuanxi Women's Prison in Chengdu City where she has been held ever since. She has recently become nearly paralyzed due to the torture. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/1/13/44044.html)

Ms. Liu Sujun, 37, a resident of Luannan County, Hebei Province, was arrested and beaten numerous times simply because she clarified the truth about Dafa and the persecution. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested and detained for five months. Ms. Liu was two months pregnant at that time. During the detention, the police connected both her hands and feet together with heavy shackles, preventing her from sitting up straight. She suffered this kind of inhuman torture until her seventh month of pregnancy. Then she was forced to terminate her pregnancy and was sent home. Only two weeks later, Ms. Liu was arrested again and sent to a brainwashing center. She went on a hunger strike and even refused to drink water to protest the arrest. Her mother could not bear to see her daughter suffering, so she went to appeal to the county government. After five days of being on the hunger strike, Ms. Liu was released. In 2001, Ms. Liu was arrested once again and is still imprisoned in the county detention center as of today. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/8/48992.html)

Shenzhen City Falun Gong practitioner Wang Shaona and her husband went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and were arrested on February 15, 2000, and detained at the Shekou District Custody Center. At that time Mrs. Wang was six months pregnant. In order to detain her "lawfully," the police made her undergo a forced abortion. According to reliable sources, Mrs. Wang, pregnant again, and her husband were arrested again on June 30, 2000, and Mrs. Wang was once more forced to terminate her pregnancy. She was then incarcerated in the Nanshan Detention Center in Shenzhen City. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/5/48926.html)

Ms. Wang Hongmei was a Ph.D. candidate in the History Department at Lanzhou University when she was arrested on June 7, 2001. Carrying out the arrest were officers from the university's police station. These agents sent her to the Taoshuping Forced Labor Camp in Lanzhou City. She was pregnant at the time of arrest. The police forced her to have an abortion.

Ms. Lu Qiuxi of Baise, Guangxi Province, was illegally detained in the Baise Detention Center for 45 days because she practiced Falun Gong at a Memorial Monument on July 1, 2000. Her three-month-old unborn baby was forcibly aborted while she was in detention. Ms. Lu was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor in April 2001. According to investigations on the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Guangxi Province, it is confirmed that between July 20, 1999 and May 20, 2004, at least three female practitioners had to undergo forced abortions before being sent to a forced labor camp.

(See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/5/2/35119.html)

Ms. Yue Qiuyu from Xinjiang Province was illegally detained in the Wulapo Women's Labor Camp in 2000, where the authorities forcibly terminated her seven-month pregnancy. Ms. Yue suffered immense mental shock as a result. Additionally, the guards physically tortured her to an extreme extent. After serving her sentence, Ms. Yue returned home, but the perpetrators still harassed and persecuted her. She left home to avoid further persecution. No one knows her current whereabouts. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/6/22/62116.html)

Ms. Yang Ping from Wuhan City, Hubei Province appealed for Falun Gong and was arrested in March 2000. She was pregnant at the time of arrest but was forced to terminate her pregnancy. Ms. Yan was initially detained in the Zhonghua Road Police Station in Wuhan and was later transferred to the Caidian Police Station.

Agents from the 610 Office and local police in Leshan City, Sichuan Province illegally arrested a pregnant Falun Gong practitioner in the Shawan District and forcibly aborted her six-month-old fetus without notifying her family. The practitioner was later sentenced to seven years in prison.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Lu Yunzhen was arrested in January 2000 in Beijing and was taken back to her residential place, Fengcheng City. She was pregnant at that time. The Fengcheng Police Department chief ordered a hospital to forcibly abort her pregnancy.

II. Torture of Pregnant Women

Mrs. Tan Yajiao Suffers a Miscarriage Due to Severe Torture by Police and Prisoners in Benxi City, Liaoning Province

Married couple Liang Tielong and Tan Yajiao

On September 18, 2004, local 610 Office personnel arrested Mrs. Tan Yajiao and her husband Mr. Liang Tielong from Benxi, Liaoning Province for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong.

Mrs. Tan Yajiao, who was pregnant, was tortured the same night of the arrest. Four or five young and strong police officers beat her and shocked her with electric batons until she lost consciousness and fell to the floor. Later, Mrs. Tan was sent to the Bailou Detention Center in Benxi City where she suffered further torture. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Policewoman Zhang Jinjuan bound Tan Yajiao with handcuffs and shackles so she could not move any part of her body and ordered several prisoners to beat her. Days of continuous inhumane torture caused Tan Yajiao to miscarry. The detention center officials did not provide her with any medical treatment. As a result, she suffered further physical and mental trauma.

After four months of illegal detention, the Pingshan District Court sentenced Mrs. Tan Yajiao to nine years of imprisonment and Mr. Liang Tielong to 12 years of imprisonment. The couple is incarcerated at the Dabei Prison, in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/6/26/62260.html)

Ms. Wang Xia Subjected to Torture, Attempted Abortion, and Abused until she was Severely Emaciated and in a Vegetative State

Ms. Wang Xia was abused in Huhhot City Women's Prison to the point where she became completely emaciated and near death (July 2004)

Ms. Wang Xia is a resident of Linhe City, Inner Mongolia. On February 19, 2000, she was arrested in Beijing for appealing for Falun Gong. She was transferred to the Huhhot Women's Labor Camp. Ms. Wang was three months pregnant at that time, yet she was forced to do heavy labor. The jailers once hung her by her handcuffed wrists for an entire day and forced her to stand in a difficult posture for a long time. They also shocked her with electric batons. They released her temporarily during her sixth month of pregnancy. On July 30, 2000, during her eighth month, Ms. Wang was arrested again and sent to the Linhe City Police Department, where the police tried to forcibly abort her pregnancy, but failed. She left home one month after the birth of her child to avoid further persecution.

In February 2002, Ms. Wang Xia was arrested again and later sentenced to seven years in prison and sent to the Inner Mongolia First Women's Prison. Since she refused to renounce her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she suffered long-term inhumane torture. She was fiercely beaten, electrically shocked, sexually abused by having a mop handle thrust into her vagina, had safety pins inserted under her fingernails and was subjected to other atrocities. When Wang Xia held a hunger strike to protest the persecution, she was tied to a bed for a long time, with a feeding tube inserted into her nose. She was unable to move. Wang Xia held the hunger strike for two years, and the guards force-fed her for two years. Later, she was sent to a mental hospital where she was additionally abused and eventually lost her memory.

The jailers lost patience with Wang Xia after she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa. They yelled, "Let's throw her in the crematory and get rid of her." The head of the 610 Office said, "Her story was published on Minghui/Clearwisdom website. We can't let her die in prison. Tell her family to take her home. If she dies there we'll say she committed suicide." After the prison doctor said Wang Xia would live for only two or three more days, they took her back home on June 29, 2004. On the way home, these evildoing people gave Wang Xia unknown drugs. Several hours after she returned home Ms. Wang was in critical condition. Although emergency treatment revived her, her condition worsened and she constantly drifted in and out of a deep coma.

Ms. Wang weighed more than 120 pounds prior to her detention and was an attractive young woman. When she was sent back home she had become severely emaciated and only weighed about 45 pounds. She could not move, had no memory and was in a vegetative state.

One week after Wang Xia returned home, it became evident that she was tenaciously hanging on to life and was surviving. After her story had been extensively reported by the international media, and faced with kind-hearted people's concern and condemnation, the lawless officials from the Linhe City 610 Office and from the local police station took Ms. Wang back to the prison again.

Some Incidents of Pregnant Falun Gong Practitioners being Tortured

Ms. Shu Ping, a resident of Zhangjiakou City, was sent to Hebei Province's Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp because she refused to give up practicing Falun Gong. Although she was four months pregnant at the time, the guards still used electric batons to shock her legs and mouth, and forced her to spread her arms out and stand for long periods of time with her body bent. Once, Ms. Shu was tortured for more than 20 hours, causing agonizing pain in her lower back and stomach as well as nausea. She protested to her perpetrators, "You have wives and mothers! How can you treat a pregnant woman like this?" They replied, "Who knows if you are pregnant? When you die, we will cremate your body and simply tell your family to pay 85 yuan to get your ashes." (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/5/48926p.html)

Guangzhou Falun Gong practitioner Mrs. Luo Zhixiang died due to the persecution

Mrs. Luo Zhixiang worked as an engineer for the design office at the Guangdong Province Agricultural Construction, Inc. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997 and followed the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, to be a person of high moral standards. After the persecution against Falun Gong began, Mrs. Luo made several trips to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. Beijing police officers abused her each time, and she served a 30-day detention twice. On November 22, 2002, the police arrested Luo Zhixiang and her husband, Huang Guohua from their rented room in the Haizhu District, Guangzhou City. They were sent to the Haizhu District Detention Center. After the 610 Office agents realized that Luo Zhixiang was three months pregnant, they forcibly sent her to a brainwashing class in Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center. She died at age 29 on December 4, 2002 as a result of the persecution. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/10/14/53452.html)

Mrs. Zhang Wuying and her husband Mr. Wu Dianhui were graduate students and teachers at Changzhou Normal Institute of Technology in Jiangsu Province. In April 2000, they went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Mrs. Zhang was over four months pregnant. More than twenty plainclothes policemen beat her in front of the State Appeals Office. Changzhou Police Department agents told officials at the Changzhou Normal Institute of Technology to take back the apartment assigned to the couple. The Communist regime also deprived them of their right to work and delayed paying their salaries. They sent the couple to the Army's No. 102 Mental Hospital and detained them there with severely ill mental patients. The perpetrators injected the five-month-pregnant Mrs. Zhang with unknown substances and forcibly administered other drugs in an attempt to terminate her pregnancy, but failed. Mrs. Zhang eventually delivered the baby.

The couple was arrested again on February 28, 2001. In the process, the six-month-old baby's head and legs were injured. On April 29, 2001, Mr. Wu Dianhui went to visit his Alma Mater. The police arrested and sentenced him to two years of forced labor. The school's security guard kept Mrs. Zhang under 24-hour surveillance. The school cooperated with higher authorities to persecute the mother and her child. They forbade anyone to help them and interrogated whoever came to visit them. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/7/14/12258.html)

Ms. Liu Yunxiang lives in Yangjiazhuang Village, Junbukou Town of Weifang City in Shandong Province. In January 2000, led by the town's former head of the Politics and Law Committee, Hua Guangyong, the authorities at Junbukou Town illegally arrested Ms. Liu Yunxiang. Ms. Liu was pregnant at the time. They imprisoned, beat, and tortured her until she had a miscarriage. In the summer of 2001, the local authorities, including the town's supervisor Gao Zhongde, deputy supervisor Dai Qingjun and Justice Section head Xia Bingtang once again arrested Ms. Liu and beat her until she suffered a second miscarriage. (See the detailed report at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/5/26/61200.html)

Ms. Liu Xiaofen was arrested and detained by police from the Wuzhan Town Police Station in Heilongjiang Province for several months. Although she was five months pregnant with twins, the police station head beat her fiercely, pulled her hair and kicked her. She was not released until she was about to go into labor and her family was extorted out of 5,000 yuan.

Ms. Liu Yanhua from Weifang, Shandong Province was arrested in October 2000 for appealing for Falun Gong. She was detained at the Yingtaoyuan Police Department. Ms. Liu was pregnant, yet the police deputy head beat her, kicked her back and inserted a lit cigarette into her nostril.


Since ancient times, human relations have been of utmost importance. Motherhood is sacred and inviolable. Jiang's hoodlum Communist regime's political group carries out deception, wickedness and violence and forces women to choose between an unborn life and their conscience and belief, in the name of the nation and a wicked political dogma. The Communist rulers use the most barbaric and obscene methods to cruelly harm women, blaspheme motherhood and destroy human relations. This is most unfortunate for the Chinese nation.

At the same time, in a country where the ruler embezzles the state treasury and makes use of the state machinery to wantonly slaughter the innocents and blaspheme maternity, it becomes obvious there is no safeguard or protection for human life and women's dignity. Any citizen's wife, sisters and children can all become the possible next victim. This persecution of belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" has caused inestimable damage to individuals, families, the whole Chinese nation and even the whole of humankind.

History will be witness to Falun Gong practitioners' endurance of tribulations. Their upholding of morality and justice, exposure of the persecution and truth clarification are precisely acts of great mercy, to rescue the world's people from being sucked in by the Chinese Communist Party's evil spirit, into an abyss that is beyond redemption. This victory and triumph of justice over evil occurring in the 21st Century will forever be recorded in the history books and will leave behind eternal lessons and enlightenment for humanity.